Worms Ground Zero

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by kalasle, Sep 5, 2015.

1. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Yet tons of people run Desecration. There are 7 other factions you know? :p

As far as Eretat goes i'd recommend some simple loss of life, Eye is a really good target for Reaper's Blade.

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Really hate the idea of both including Reaper's Blade and putting it on Eye. That just bins the entire Surge approach. I'll try it out for now, I guess. At least he has some sort of AP gen like the old Dusk. It's just that, compared to Dusk, it feels like spending 45 nora for no increase in damage, just a change in type. Hrm. Here's hoping it pans out. I have been more seriously thinking about Soulreave, rather than Blade.

3. potatonuts

Remember it is actually Soulstrike not just a loss of life attack so it completely negates all defenses and absolutely shreds tanks or avatars. In fact i'd probably say that every FW deck should run it just because of how easily you can kill an avatar with it.

I understand your concerns about wasting surge but for me its the same as giving it to a D.Fairy and losing the dot but if you need to shift a tank it is always the better option.

4. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

At least Dessy deal damage to shrines/relics on IS, actually that's why I run it on my meta stuff...

5. potatonuts

Yeah i run it mainly for relics but it can be amped as it's disease damage which is nice. Obviously though the defile on Anathema and the fact it only needs one slot make it a winner.

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Reaper's Blade is probably a good include. Forgot that is also works well-ish on Putrid. Just helped sorta salvage early game.

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Still working with worms, among other things. Going to try out Reflecting Creeper and see if this awkward tank-thing has a home. Bile Zombie changes -- mixed feelings.

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Update: Reflecting Creeper feels like a solid 1-2x based on Mirrored and Fellowship, 2 CD Bile Zombie feels different but good.

9. Ultima

Ultima I need me some PIE!

Update on your deck?

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Will post the current test version and upgrade changes tomorrow.

11. Ultima

Ultima I need me some PIE!

Was thinking of making a worms deck again. Since you're the appointed worm master got curious what you're running now.

12. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Is anyone running blinking or mind thief creeper after the changes? Anybsuggestions to make them more attractive to compete with other choices if not?

Gnomes likes this.
  13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I am running Mindthief right now to test it out, and it seems ok. Still not running Blinky -- she doesn't do enough for her cost, and even what she does is too disparate. Worms already field enough expensive, low-damage units, paying for 3-5 RNG on top of that just doesn't cut the mustard. She doesn't have the durability to land Petrifying Gaze, and is too valuable otherwise to rush in for it. Compared to the other two Lords -- Putrid and Colossus -- she dies far too easily and gains nothing for it.

14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Here is the updated version:

upload_2015-11-23_10-43-48.png

It looks heavy on champs, but keep in mind that BZ and Martyr are more spell than proper units, and that multiple champions fill particular roles, and thus may not always hit the field -- Eye is a good example. Running both Twilight and Reflecting with default upgrades, Phantasmals with Hex/Commander, and Dusk with Shroud/Empowered. One Colossus has Swarm, the other has Torrent, they both have Lord. I'm not running Tomb anymore, just to see how that feels, because it only works so-so with worms already, and now it's 40 nora. Tome covers shrine protection. Everything is still up for changes right now, though.

15. yobanchi

Any opinions on how to make blinky an adequate competetitor against colossus or putrid?
    Would you run her if Pet gaze was Shrinking gaze instead?

16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Maybe, because Shrinking Gaze is incredibly powerful for zone control. Nothing is really going to beat out Putrid though, because Creeping Harvest is such an essential and powerful ability. I haven't tried her since she lost Flight, honestly, so she might be playable now. Her main issue is being a large, squishy target, and you either want the Worm Lords to stick around, or be really good at dying. I'll give her a couple test games though, will report back on the new version.

17. Daerthalus

Daerthalus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Wait a sec! I get why you would want them to live, but, why do you want them to be good at dieing?

Personally I am not too foud of Blinky, due to Petrifying Gaze and her meh upgrade paths.
    Path 2 is probably the one I find most underwhelming.
    There is nothing here I would want to use. Not much need for detection when losing a font to a Stealther is no big deal. You lose the nora gen, but you can still deploy into the font since your Shrine DZ is the one that matters most.

Path 1: I suppose Vengeful could be useful, and Dread outside of Worm would be used.

18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Because Carrion Colossus is absolute wonderful at kicking the bucket -- it's his signature deal. If that happens inside the SDZ, you keep the Necrosis trigger from Worm Lord, and then get everything he gives you. Anything that likes dying in worms is a plus, because they have few units that are actually even comfortable doing so.

19. yobanchi

Hmm. I'm starting to think maybe having blinky range to 4-5 may do most of the help.

20. IceBuild

IceBuild Member

Wurmz.jpg
    This is a worm bg that I have had success with lately. Nothing special but gets the job done.

Gnomes likes this.