Worms...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elric, May 8, 2017.

1. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

bro losing 2 sdz on deploy. Makes him way less attractive for the worms player to use. I honestly think you're over reacting

2. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

Maybe I am :) Ill drop this till next expansion and hopefully Ill never have to argue this again.

3. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Haunting Spirit, Yeti Spirit, Afflicted Corpse, Altered Lemure, Bile Zombie, Blood Fiend, Carrier Squire, Conscripted Warrior.

Considering I only got up to C before I got bored theres probably a Bane Shift ton more.

SPiEkY and Etherielin like this.
  4. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

Still just a terrible deck to face unless you want an hours-long game! Worms along with Ethereal Pool decks are a valid playstyle, but really should be changed as it will definitely scare away any prospective PS4 players.

So boring...the Worms player can still spam Bile Zombies, and yet, there DMZ still expands and expands. Just poorly designed.

Anima26 and super71 like this.
  5. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

What's that.....

Global abilities and relics breaking the game again. Who would have thought that would happen.

Again

6. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Editing

7. PoxAurora

PoxAurora The King of Potatoes

I fixed this for you. The main complaint you, and many others have, is simply due to not liking to play long games against an attrition style. The rest is just filler as it relates to what helps that playstyle actually win.

TL:DR - Let's nerf things that I don't like.

Xiven likes this.
  8. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

The best strategy against worms would be relocation effects that force them out of the deployment zone. (Pull and knockback being the most common ones I can think of.) If the worm dies outside the deployment it shrinks so can stop it before it starts sometimes. Worm players generally have to hang out on the deployment edge line to engage.

When people have beaten me while using worms they usually make a big push for shrine about mid game, and let everything else go. I usually burn up all my nora on bile zombies trying to defend my shrine, instead of more worms to tie up the combatants. Typically 2 bile zombies is not enough to defeat a hoard of 4 or more champs or sometimes just 2-3 champs with a lot of healing, high hp and cleanse backing them up. High hp, and abundance of healing, I wonder if poxnora has any champ combos like this... anyway 3 champs on a shrine is usually enough to take it out in two turns.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  9. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

If you dont want to play for hours, heck just rush them and die trying. stop sit back and use ranged and pick of target in every game, do something different and it might work, and if it didnt you had fun trying.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  10. DortyBoy

DortyBoy Member

So its been a while now since the worm nerf and now... they are pretty much gone as a theme.

You should be trying to make the game more diverse so that more playstyles are competitive not eradicating counter playstyles because people complain that their t1 squad is getting owned.

Everything should have a counter and worms had plenty, but now there is one less counter to the optimal squads and a fun playstyle has effectively been removed from the game.

11. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

If the nerf to Bile Zombie invalidated them as a theme then they relied on a crutch to be viable to begin with. Now that the crutch is gone you can suggest ideas to make them work again.

Anima26 and MrCharles like this.
  12. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Aww, somebody's mad that all his favourite toys have been taken away, and his win rate went with it :[

13. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

The Bile Zombie thing was dumb, I'm glad it's gone and hope it never comes back.

Anima26 likes this.
  14. DortyBoy

DortyBoy Member

Actually I started playing more broken themes and my rating went up.

But its less fun so...

15. DortyBoy

DortyBoy Member

Oh look its higher than yours atm lol.

upload_2018-1-26_23-12-30.png

16. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

I'd be surprised if I'd played 10 games within a year and I'm top 10, so lol at people pulling rank

Anima26 and MogaBait like this.
  17. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I agree it can be very intimidating to new players, but worms afaik (and I'm not an expert on them) are not very good right now. Bile zombie is quite weak atm for the cost, not to mention the fact it hurts sdz . Chattering maw and putrid creeper both also just received huge nerf.

18. DiCEM0nEY

:( how did I miss these bantz

19. DiCEM0nEY

Long term advantages which can be removed through soft countering offer more fun for the game. For example, UT being font powered or AOE would allow a player to interact with an over time bonus. Necrosis in a way can be interacted with. However, marsh song and nora mine can't, aside from back lash.

20. DiCEM0nEY

At least you are honest. I got to 2100 with FW. Once there, it was basically better decks out classing mine though, aside from my computer over heating.