Wrath Spell: Moment of Weakness

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by kalasle, Sep 11, 2017.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Faction unsure, but could see either FW or UD working.

25 nora

Target opposing champion loses all AP, and becomes Immobile and Possessed for 1 turn.

2. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Would making it able to target friendly champs as well open up too much potential for combos?

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I don't understand what you mean -- it only targets enemies?

4. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

I mean.

20 nora
    Target champion (friendly or enemy) becomes immobile and possessed for 1 turn.

The idea would be that you could use it on enemy champions for stuff like using abilities attacks or satisfying 'friendly' targeting clauses while you could cast it on your own champ to essentially allow you satisfy 'enemy' targeting clauses.

Example: Cast it on a unit produced from graveyard... attack it with a swarm unit.

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Right, I didn't want to get into that territory, so I said enemy only.

6. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

interesting idea.

7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Maybe a potential direction for replacement for Soul Corruption?

With cliff diving going away, Immobile probably isn't necessary anymore, but does feel right thematically.

Functionally, is this just a no damage stun?

8. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Seems to be the case to me. Also I think Kalasle's idea was to synergise this with cull and other effects that benefit from 0 AP.

9. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I don't think so. The duration is only 1 turn, so the champion is free to do as it wishes on its turn, and it becomes possessed so you couldn't attack it with cull.

Seems like a cool rune, would allow you to use 0ap abilities, disengage for free etc. Not a huge range of uses, but could be incredible in some situations.

soulmilk likes this.