X/X Elementals

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by Nautilak, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Nautilak

Nautilak Devotee of the Blood Owl

Hey there!

I'm trying to get back into the game in preparation for the revamp and I'd like to improve as much as I can.
    I've always been a casual player but i'd really like to improve my skills as a battle group builder and as a player.

After thinking it over I decided I would get out of my comfort zone and try elementals.

They don't have the extensive support that other races do but enough that I think I can improve my play skill using them.

My only issue now is what factions to split. Ideally I'd like to use a combination of UD/SP/SL/ST. This is because each of those factions has access to the Elemental Zephyr ability in some fashion. I'm leaning toward UD/ SP because of the Djinn and Movement abilities available to use with flowing ember.

Can anyone provide me any advice on what factions to use?

Maybe a sample of a battle group?

Thanks!

Nautilak

2. mahesar

mahesar The King of Potatoes

One thing to also consider is the spread of your damage types. All the UD elementals, except two, are fire damage. A lot of the ST elementals are physical damage, and crystal creatures, which can be fun all by itself. SP elementals give access to a nice spread of elemental damage, as well as boosts.

I don't have a bg handy to link, but I think ST/SP would be a good split, both for the champs, and the support as well.

3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I would try ST/SP crystal/elemental mix, with mud elementals and kas masters for a kb module, peaks dao and crystal champions. Repulsion + deafening aura should go nicely.
    When poxbase works agains I'll try and post a sketch. Why don't you list what runes from these factions do you have?

4. Nautilak

Well I've been playing on and off since the Skeezick rebellion so I'm not too worried about price unless we are talking Angels, Doomballs, Snogvie & Co. Etc.

Such as I should be able to get Crystal Dragons, the whole mess of Djinn, etc.

It's just more or less finding a build to work towards.

I was thinking with ST/SP I could use Sky for Zephyr.
    But if I do that do I still need the relic?

Also, I've kind of always built Battlegroups on a 'whim', so I've never really sat down like I want to with this battlegroup to say, 'Alright, what role does this play?' It's more or less always been pick a theme, put in runes for it.

I know your a rather experienced builder Gabriel so what roles should my runes be playing? What combo's can I try to pull off, etc. if it helps I come from a big run with Hyaenids and Fae so I've always used a lot of debuffing and control. Again though, it was pick a race, build, when I did those two Battlegroups.

So any advice you could give me would be amazing.

5. GabrielQ

Right now, I ussually think my bgs as a serie of comboing runes with each combo being a group, ussually focused on getting a kill in some particular way, if I can fit several groups in a single bg, and each rune belongs to several groups at once the bg is good, if the runes composing the bg happen to be meta, then te bg is very good, and if those meta runes happen to have counters to the popular things then the bg is perfect.
    Poxbase is still down, and theother databases are slow to navigate but I'll start with a example:
    I said ST/SP with kas masters, mud elementals, crystal howlers, crystal yetis, peak daos as main champions
    Kas master important parts are race jakei, slam and elusive
    With race jakei, she triggers endless devotion, and elusive simplifies that so he belongs naturally to the "crystal synergy group" composed of all jakeis, devotion champions and nora gems
    With slam, that you can use to trigger several effects, she's in the "forced movement synergy group" with all of the crystal champions (deafening aura), mud elemental (mire), dao (hold the line/defensive strike) repulsion sources and such.
    So you see, a kas master will go well with any of the champions I mentioned, and that's really good, because you'll never regret deploying her. If you manage to have a really intrincate net of this kind of synergies you'll be enjoying your bg a lot.

6. Nautilak

Thanks a lot for the advice you two.

I did a draft up of the battlegroup so far and I seem to be encountering three issues.

1.) How many Jakei do I need to include for Endless Devotion purposes?

2.) How many copies of an Endless Devotion champion should I be running? I wasn't sure if I should be using one copy to maximize the variety or doubling up on certain key pieces for consistency with draws and deployment.

3.) What am I looking for the SP side to contribute besides Mud Elementals and Zemi of the Elements?

Thanks for any responses.

Also, are there any *required* spells/relics/equipment for a battlegroup such as this?

7. GabrielQ

I think you'll want 2x kas master, 1 starseer (prestige) and 1 freeze bug keeper (sever summons) if you need more, I'd go with borderguard elite -> kas guide -> kento -> kas adherent.
    Crystal champions I would choose 2x crystal howlers, 1x crystal dragon, 1-2x crystal yeti
    From SP I was thinking 2x mud elemental, 2x peaks dao
    after that, some more range would be in order or maybe some meta fillers, like ghern general.
    Spells/relics/equips I would go with meta standard: gale force, avalanche, cleansing emerald, harpoon, swap and such.

8. Nautilak

This is my current mock-up.

http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/cjvc...cfOcfIChLCq7s1kS2Ls6_s13s6ds59s82r2YR38e1Qe2b

I'm unhappy with the non-champion line-up and I feel that I could probably cut some corners and double on some in champions. My biggest issues though are my non-champions and with my Jakei. Other than the master I feel they are varied in usefulness during the game and I don't feel I go to any non-champion consistently except for Gale Force and Vertical Push.

Also, I feel as if SP isn't really shining right now. It's more or less just there to be there.

Any suggestions?

9. GabrielQ

I would run something more like this:
    http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/cjvC...dCgHcg7c3QciDs5Qs7Ks1kS2Ls6ds4Vs59S82r2Yr=e1j

If you notice, there are lots of ways to make your enemy's champions awestruck to stun lock with kas master, this includes zoalt, whisper, dao, starseer and ancient implications
    General gives a lot of cohesion to your phalanx.
    Daos fly so they can move unimpeded above hungry mires
    I was thinking that skybreak dragons could be included making a electric module with cyclonic feshes, zoalt and totems.

10. Nautilak

Hmm. I guess my question i'd pose is why no Wolverines in your build at all?

I'm not very fond of the Skybreaks at current pace so I'm fine with them leaving, but Wolverine is a powerhouse.

11. GabrielQ

If you like wolverine, include it, I just don't think the assault + punish trick is enough to put him above the other options