xxx.name.1234

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by crisian, Apr 1, 2014.

1. crisian

crisian Member

seeing this stuff WAY too often anymore:

combat log: blahblah uses spell blockade to block spell.name.1234
    global effect bar: global effect effect.name.1234
    combat log: blahblah's champ.name.4567 is refuted and placed on cooldown...and similar stuff.

even more than back when soe had the game. and i know "there is some grand patch coming" and hopefully this is fixed at that time, but in case it isn't in the works, devs, it'd make at least some players experience clearer and therefore less frustrating.

2. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

SoE caused that problem, no need to yell at Dogs for now. There is a database with all the ID's somewhere, which could be a workaround. I keep asking my opponent what he just did because otherwise I just wont get to know.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

If you trust your opponent to tell the truth in a competitive game

4. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

5. crisian

crisian Member

...or dog's could just fix it. refute always listed it before but in the last week or so it doesn't anymore.

6. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Believe, Burnie, believe :p

7. TheNidhogg

Now that's a blatant lie.

8. crisian

crisian Member

no, not at all. for me, refute always listed the champ/spell or relic, i am 100% certain of this.

it was spell blockade that never, even once listed thee spell that it blocked...except i am pretty sure it listed it in dailies or single player.

9. TheNidhogg

It has been bugged in the past. I have seen it.

10. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

If you would like, I'd be happy to get help documenting the names that show up. It happens for many, but not all interactions, but if you would like to take screenshots and compile a list and post them in the bugs board, that may help =).

11. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

This bug has been around for a while... SOE corrupted the links between database and in-game display name.

12. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

You nailed what is happening.

13. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

:)

14. Gedden

Gedden Administrator Octopi

So, I just took another big pass at this issue. I believe I snuffed out another 90% of these, however i'm sure some more will crop up soon. This fix will be in the next patch.

For the record, your line
    combat log: blahblah uses spell blockade to block spell.name.1234​

Let me hunt down the problem crazy fast. If you find more after this next pack, just make a forum post and ill hop right on it.

15. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

darklord48's Negation Mage uses counterspell mastry to stop Bot1434's spell.name.84 spell.

16. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

ability.cast_ghostly_visage.activate (on Ghost Stalker)

17. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

I don't know if this is the same problem but I used Petrifying Gaze from Blinking Creeper on Bok Mistress in Kl'zik Daily and got the following conditions on the Mistress.
    effect.null.description (no duration marker for this one)
    effect.petrified.description (with duration 2)

18. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

onus imment defeat effect-thingy

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  19. gatmo

gatmo New Member

Angel of Nourishment is shown as "champion.name.1464" by the game engine.

20. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

When using Draksar Broodqueen's Lay Hatchling I get: ability.lay_hatchling.activate
    I saw an "ability.ability.name.100.activate" occurence and I believe it was something that the Cyclonic Fesh did, but not sure (other champions in play were Voil Stormflier, Voil Conqueror, Draksar Broodqueen, Centaur Skirmisher, Elven Bard and Skywing Patrol; if it wasn't from Fesh, I'd check out the other SP champions first as it was the SP player's turn).

Whenever my Skywing Patrol lands a hit, I get: effect.sunder.start, with the complementary effect.sunder.end when the effect ends.

I get effect.natures_wrath.start when casting Nature's Wrath on something and effect.natures_wrath.end when the effect ends.