Yeah... This is why this game needs more hands

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MikeLin, May 27, 2016.

1. MikeLin

MikeLin I need me some PIE!

I agree because gold accumulation is so bad, and people only buy extended set box which is 32k

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

The goal is to encourage players to explore other factions and to play more games :)

But in either case, the initial implementation would probably just be first game.

3. Pattn199

Pattn199 I need me some PIE!

que up nuwbs.

4. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

3k gold token packs isn't helping, can tell you that right now. Nothing discourages people more than wanting to build a new bg and being locked behind a token wall.

Do a daily login rewarding tokens ? @Sokolov

DrakeArron likes this.
  5. MikeLin

Why not just remove it permanently. lvled vs unlvled champions creates an unfair advantage.

DrakeArron likes this.
  6. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Don't even start up this debate again, just about everyone wants the cp system removed, it's not looking like it's gonna happen anytime soon.

7. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

tokens for naming runes, future esthetics, tourney, league, draft fees..not gameplay

.early packs (exos worth 250 etc) given free to every acc, tradable or not, idk, , re-release sets as lims for collectors. u join a game and have to put in 2 months work just to play the game the way its meant to be played.
    change HA quest ,like: kill champ with hero, or no champs can die in a skirm, do 75 dam in one turn, fin off a champ with a spell,,, at least some thought would be required to complete each skirm, at least a bit..
    dont know why you think playing 40 matches with 4 priest is helpful or fun, .
    tedious at best.

super71 likes this.
  8. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

Hrmmmm. I WAS going to mention my thoughts on the f2p system, when I realized this thread has gone way off topic. I mean, I'm okay with a thread doing that personally, (hell, at one point on another forum I made a thread whose entire purpose was that), but this would be such a huge discussion and possibly debate that I'd think it would need it's own thread. Also, I'd rather not have a mod close down the thread in the middle of a debate due to being off topic.
    So, @Sokolov thoughts?

9. MikeLin

This thread is going to be a place where I dump new player feedback as screenshots and us discussing it.

10. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

Why not just give new players a crap ton of shards for their first few games played, so they could spend like 10-20k in the forge making runes?

11. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

They wouldn't even know which to make. It's also a bit of a brutal method. I'd give them a panel of deck lists (formatted like in the rune manager) with rundowns of what the deck is good at, of somewhat equal value, and they are allowed to pick one to own as untradeable, but customizable runes.

Would be nicer if they could be tradeable, but people would just farm making new accounts.

st3ck likes this.
  12. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Why not just make LE versions of a few Exos to give out in Starter BGs? <.<
    Sure, those LE's would flood the market and basically make those specific Exos worth nothing, but they also wouldn't be able to be sharded/alt abused.

13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Actually static doesn't mean CANNOT be changed, it denotes a lack of force or influence as in describing something's current state as unchanged or not moving. A better word could be chosen or possibly a more complete explanation.

14. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Fair enough. I definitely think that a better job could be done highlighting the nature of the "free decks" but just wanted to point out that the claims that it was stated that the decks could be changed were false.

SPiEkY likes this.
  15. Sokolov

While the messaging can certainly improved, I want to point out static does have a "little or no change" definition:

upload_2016-7-7_6-13-40.png

Specifically though, part of the reason I think (I wasn't here then) it was chosen over other words is that the decks aren't just unable to be edited by players, the players simply have access to the decks. The deck's contents, if changed, changes for everyone - the goal was to be able to update them so they stay relevant without having to adjust player's accounts. So while the player cannot change these decks, WE can.

In short, these decks are functionally very different than the normal decks you make yourself, or the theme decks you purchase. The word "static" certainly doesn't explain all of this properly, but the standard "locked" also isn't quite right.

In either case, as mentioned in another thread, the Public Deck idea is likely being phased out in its current implementation, though some of it may remain (for example, maybe everyone always has access to some "Free" decks, but there'd be no separate queue for it, and the decks given out during the NUX would not be these decks).

One of the goals I have for the NUX is that a new player should get editable decks as soon as possible, open packs frequently, and be able to update their decks in their first session of play. The current flow of obtaining decks that the players cannot edit, and having to save 30k gold to get a box is not a good experience.

(Note: Assuming it does get phased out, players who previously spent gold to unlock them will be compensated in some fashion, either a full refund or something of greater value.)

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  16. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Agreed, just noting why someone reading it might not get the full idea of "locked BG" communicated to them. How they would think from that wording that it's completely unlocked is a mystery.

Lol Sok, continue to pathetically blame/share blame with the prospect.

17. Sokolov

You can make a new thread if you like (probably the best idea), or use this one (I don't expect it to be closed really), or message me directly if you prefer.

18. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

Alright, thanks for the info. Just figured I'd check with you to make sure ;)

19. MikeLin

Screenshots 3(Not an new player, but the ideas are all the same):

upload_2016-7-14_20-40-5.png
    upload_2016-7-14_20-40-57.png

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  20. MikeLin

Screenshots 4 New Player:
    Free customer feedback bros. This was an interesting one. @nepyonisdead
    upload_2016-11-5_16-29-51.png
    upload_2016-11-5_16-31-22.png