Yet Another Draksar Battle Group....

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by haroldkin, May 1, 2017.

1. haroldkin

haroldkin I need me some PIE!

I've finally dipped into the PvP pool since returning to Pox. Lots of fun, but a big wake up call with so many new runes and themes since I left, (basically, Broodcall to present). I keep bumping into stuff I just don't know how to counter. Last night it was a Stitched deck, which just ground me down to a nub. I could keep up with the deploys, even had the upper hand, but could not keep up with the summons. If and when I could clear a Stitched remains, I rarely had the AP to get the globe. Man, those Stitched were awful. However, I'll chalk it up to inexperience and presume they can be countered with the right deck.

This is what I'm playing at the moment. Any suggestions for changes would be appreciated. Very keen for an answer to summon spam and Stitched counters.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  2. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Draksars are fun and really good, think you should look a bit at @Axeraiser SL-meeta cheese http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/current-meta.26652/

But on the draksar i think you are missing draksar psion, love that little dude.
    Draksar High Priest is also very fun, love that Mutate ability :)
    skip Taint in pvp, its buggy and gives +4dmg/champ instead of +2, its annoying. and with draksar fury you dont really need it.
    should try to remove 2-3champs, having 18 of them is fine while figuring out which to use, then go down to 14-16, especially with so much nice support spells/relics that SL have.

Your problem against stiched could be the same as i useally have, its having to little AP on the board, i tend to run a little to expensive champs so having 4 and not 5 champs out is hurting more then i'd like.
    test to just have regen-1 on champs, it cuts cost a bit.

skeezick alchemists could easily be switched for a Dunes manticore, saves 20nora on one change, and then run 2 sandstorm spells, reducing enemy dmg and healing your manticore is great.

3. haroldkin

Thanks for the feedback.

My deck began as a straight-up Fury amp deck, packed with as many Violent champs as possible. That has gradually given way to more utility and I put Taint in to compensate for those champs without Violent. I'll give it a go without.

I don't have High Priest though I do have Morph. I like Morph but always have a hard time fitting her in. Mutant Doctor looks fun as well, but same problem finding a slot.

I'll admit I haven't run Psion much, will have to get to know the little guy. How do you typically run him? Shrive and Backlash both look good. Shatter Summoned is obviously the counter I was requesting, but Telekinetic Thrust looks quite nice as well.

I see the value in Dunes Manticore, but he's not quite a 1/1 swap for Alchemist. Alchemist is obviously there for Grant:AP potion, and is a pretty decent ranged champ too. Dunes is pure support. However, making room for another Sandstorm would be nice and reducing the cost to 25 nora, (and lowering the cooldown as well?), is a good bonus.

I'll admit I've always had a kitchen sink problem with card games. So many fun runes, so little space. Heck, I even want to run 2x of all my favorites, (like I'm doing with Marine at the moment; that guy is great). Realistically, I know I'll never play them all in one game, but I still have a difficult time trimming down to essentials.

4. Scrijordan

Scrijordan I need me some PIE!

So how does look like i am currently building one

5. haroldkin

? Can you not see the image I posted?

6. Scrijordan

Scrijordan I need me some PIE!

7. haroldkin

Here is the initial deck I posted:

1x Blackscale Centurion
    1x Draksar Beserker
    1x Draksar Consulate
    1x Draksar Doomsayer
    1x Draksar Hunchback
    1x Draksar Legionare
    2x Draksar Marine
    1x Draksar Persuer
    1x Flagellum of Chains
    1x Judge Torien
    1x Rip Demon Alpha
    1x Skeezick Alchemist
    1x Skeezick Whorl
    1x Valdaci Bolter
    1x Valdaci Guardian
    1x Valdaci Shieldwarden
    1x Wyrm Priest

1x Burning Sands
    1x Fight in Formation
    1x Magnetize
    1x Quickening
    1x Reforge
    1x Sandstorm
    1x Taint
    1x Tornado

1x Dragon Artificer Portal
    1x Sundered Warbanner
    1x Venom Trap

1x Dragon God's Staff

8. haroldkin

I then made some changes and this is what I'm currently running:

1x Blackscale Centurion
    1x Draksar Beserker
    1x Draksar Doomsayer
    1x Draksar Hunchback
    1x Draksar Legionare
    2x Draksar Marine
    2x Draksar Psion (New, replaced Judge Torien and Draksar Consulate)
    1x Draksar Pursuer
    1x Dunes Manticore (New, replaced Skeezick Alchemist)
    1x Flagellum of Chains
    1x Rip Demon Alpha
    1x Skeezick Whorl
    1x Valdaci Bolter
    1x Valdaci Guardian
    1x Valdaci Shieldwarden
    1x Wyrm Priest

1x Burning Sands
    1x Fight in Formation
    1x Magnetize
    1x Quickening
    1x Reforge
    2x Sandstorm (Removed Taint and added 2nd Sandstorm)
    1x Tornado

1x Dragon Artificer Portal
    1x Sundered Warbanner
    1x Venom Trap

1x Dragon God's Staff

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  9. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I've been playing draksar and one of my favorite runes is draksar knight right now.

8 damage
    6 speed
    1 range
    2 defense
    50 health

violent
    regen
    ready- extra ap before going into a font to engage, or getting to the font
    essence capture- So i've been throwing serpentor scale armor on him and giving him strike and assault from sl slum market. I would engage ranged units, get the attack and damage boost from violent and assault, getting the 3 nora from scale armor and the nora from essence drain plus the zeal speed boost and extra ap from heart strike. At one point he was running around with 10 speed.

Also x2 draksar legionare is very very good in draksar, the damage mitigation from sl bonus+ defender + enduring aura really helps especially when knight as regen 2.