You created ingame mods

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Oct 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

As I have stated in other places, moderators in general are more accountable for their actions than other players. For example, just like in this thread, the moderators have been highlighted and their words and their actions will be more closely observed by the community. In almost every game, when new player volunteers come in, there is always a bit of a rough patch, but overall both the community and the moderator will hopefully grow to work with one another instead of fighting one another. I should note that even with new player volunteers are not highlighted in any way, or even given any substantial powers in the game, that there has been that early tension.

In terms of banning accounts, player volunteers have no power over that whatsoever. I cannot gain access to your account nor restrict you from it. If you have evidence that a player is abusing other players or the rules, by all means submit it as a support ticket so it can be reviewed. From what Senshu has said in the past, SooWoo's main account at the very least I believe has been trade restricted, but if you have evidence, feel free to submit it.

I view one of my roles as a player volunteer to try to be present to help avoid these situations. I stand out in the community and hopefully I can use that bit to encourage players not to make trades unless they are even, not to make cash trades with other players, and the like. I also view it as a place to try to interact with the community more. I am a player volunteer, I am a player like all of you. It doesn't make me a better player, it doesn't make my opinion more important, it just gives me a platform to be more visible and it is my responsibility then to use that visibility to try to make a positive impact onto the game and the environment.

Again, if you feel that any player is abusing another player, including a player volunteer, that action from the greens *needs* to be taken, by all means submit a support ticket. I would hope on my end, you would come and talk to me first, personally, if you feel I am acting out of line or that I have performed an action that was in error. But again, we are more visible, so we are held more accountable. If you feel that I have done any action wrong, that report button should be under my post as well.

2. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

Nautme.

3. Nexx

Nexx I need me some PIE!

To be honest, the only player mod I believe is an actual player mod, trustworthy with the role, is KTCAOP, the rest just don't compel me as fit. (Considering the player mods have an actual negative history with the community.)

4. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I'll second that

BurnPyro likes this.
  5. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I'll third that

BurnPyro likes this.
  6. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Hm. Burn is right *universe starts cracking*, giving power without onus is never a good idea. Although KT's point about acting as a beacon for new players is valid and needed, I don't think you need any kind of mod power for that. I'm pretty much going at pros vs cons here, and the potential cons are catastrophic.

I only had one conversation with Axe where we agreed in a friendly way that HBoV is OP, so I guess other people might say more about him, KT is an amazing guy hands down, his contribution to Poxnora over the years cannot be ignored, and I've never seen him snap. I know Moles is an old player (I did play against him in 2008), and we all know that although he doesn't play much he's very active with his great videos. I forgot who else is a mod so that's it.

So, regarding the mods themselves I don't really oppose any name(no difference if I did though), but it is a risk because they still have little to lose if they go overboard. It's nothing personal but again, my belief is that power should be given to those who can be directly affected by its misuse(the greens).

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Fourth me in

And Lush baby, don't fight it. It's k.

SPiEkY likes this.
  8. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

This game more than needed in-game mods one of the best things they have done, but i just hope they gave that power to players older than 15. No longer will i hear pointless racism in lobby which turns many players away. This is very good news.

9. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

The only people that are saying player mods are a bad idea are people that are jealous they themselves aren't mods. I also expected a thread from trollypyro like this, this also happened with alot of the vets when the council was created. Same story different page but always written by the same authors.

Axeraiser likes this.
  10. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Nice try, but I'd turn down the job if they offered.

11. Joker

Joker I need me some PIE!

Guys, i'm a bit confused,

I know this might be a ridiculous question but what is a player mod?

ty

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Oh and the "we'll get punished when out of line" argument isnt convincing.

If you hand out guns, then assure me anyone going on a spree will lose theirs, it won't make me feel safer.

Oh and super, I wouldnt want to be mod because I oppose of the concept. Nice try though, just like the time you claimed to be able to get top100 in one week with SP and barely made it past rare league.
    If someone is saying things you don't want to hear, man up and use /ignore. Little kids needing pampering should stay off the internet if you cant be bothered to use the ignore function.

SPiEkY likes this.
  13. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

You're helping

Thbigchief likes this.
  14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Ingame someone (in this case fellow players) who can mute or boot people from the game. They also cant be muted apparently.

Joker likes this.
  15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I make myself laugh.

I'm also sure he didn't mean myself.

16. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Tone it down, you're doing that thing again.

Thbigchief likes this.
  17. Joker

Joker I need me some PIE!

thanks

18. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Why should I pay attention to any posts but my own?

19. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Sign me up for the 5th

20. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

sorry, but how do you know I'm a mod? I wasn't even comfirmed myself.
    And the reason I don't log to play is the same reason I accepted to be in the council when offered: I'm not happy with the current balance of the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.