You created ingame mods

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Oct 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

I was hoping you learned from sony's later experiences and weren't going to re-implement one of octopi's dumbest decisions they ever made. The only thing that came close was the premium membership. I guess it now begs the question, are you going to bring that back too?

2. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

how many people can the server take?

3. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Apparently not even 300 people.

4. Vote Kanye 2020

Guess there's no magical merit for us too see

Nebron and BurnPyro like this.
  5. Nexx

Nexx I need me some PIE!

It does bring up the question; Why bring player mods now, during unstable matters, rather than later when the game has a higher player count, is balanced and player mods will actually be needed due to the high population?

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I was the first to tell Senshu he looked good with his new haircut.

7. Pasiphae

Pasiphae The King of Potatoes

I like the player mods. Considering what some of the more childish players spout in the lobby I think it is nice that some of them get a time out now and then.

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Man up and use /ignore. Takes you 30 seconds and doesn't make you look like a little b*tch.

devrn likes this.
  9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Player mods doesn't really work. KTCAOP might be the exception but really, he's here today, gone tomorrow so what real impact will he have? And as for the rest of them, it's just going to be stupid. Shortly will come the screen shots of these mods acting like they shouldn't and it will get shut down. Not seeing why it needs to be rdiscussed further. Time will show DOG how naive they are.

Pedeguerra, SPiEkY and BurnPyro like this.
  10. Pasiphae

Pasiphae The King of Potatoes

In my experience it is the people who needs to be moderated that has this sort of reply. And adding you to ignore seems like a very good idea concidering the post I have seen you make here on the forum so far. Dont bother replying I´ll take your advice and spare myself reading any more of your posts by using the ignore function.

11. Vote Kanye 2020

12. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Says someone who wants to have sex with a bull ... Right

Cydna, BurnPyro and Vote Kanye 2020 like this.
  13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

So now you can use the ignore button, why not ingame? There you go, your own argument dismantled.

SPiEkY likes this.
  14. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

I believe the reason for introducing player mods now was to help handle common queries and be a presence to help new players as the steam re-launch has meant us having 300-350 players online most of the time. Mods are not here to ruin your fun or make sure nobody swears in game, we are a presence to new players with the capability to shut down spammers/ragers/massive trolls.

If you do think a moderator is acting inappropriately take a screenshot and send it to senshu.

15. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Do you really need to be a mod to help people, though?

I mean, I'm constantly helping these new steam-tards and I don't need a fancy yellow name to do it.

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

And why do these guides need mod powers and people dont just use /ignore like other games?

Edit: Firking sky pie

SPiEkY likes this.
  17. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

And that is the type of no constructive response that has pushed us to start adding moderators. We wouldn't have them if certain people weren't creating an inhospitable atmosphere.

It seems like there were complaints from you before about a lack of moderation and now you have it then you don't like that it is there.

18. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

This is very much the case. Thank you Moles.

19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

This is the nature of the internet. More police won't change that.

If you want to punish those people implement an ingame report button, but don't delude yourself into thinking that mods will stop the nature of people in an anonymous competitive environment

SPiEkY likes this.
  20. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Well, Pox has always had a mature atmosphere. I assume you want to change that to a more, well, polite environment? I'm not sure how I feel about that ...

SPiEkY likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.