You didn't watch the presidential debate last night

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BurnPyro, Sep 27, 2016.

1. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I'm gonna need a clarification on what you mean by this. Surely you don't believe that upholding the law is offensive, right?

I'm gonna need a source for a claim like this.

I disagree here

Neither does Trump unless you take quotes out of context and add in some assumptions. Interestingly, though, Hillary has expressed that she would go to war with Russia, so I'm curious as to how you feel about that.

I guess we just have a different world-view, then.

Darrkt likes this.
  2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I'm curious as to which specific issues you feel he has flip-flopped on

Darrkt likes this.
  3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I suspect it'd be easier to find examples where Trump is actually consistent. That said, most politicians "evolve" over time.

Tweek516, BurnPyro and JellyBerry like this.
  4. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

And in the debate another candidate(we have like 5) was like "dude wth u doing here, u were in jail"

5. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Well, for example, during the debate he denied having said that global warming was a hoax perpetuated by the Chinese, when he had said that in a tweet from 2012

6. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Well, sort of. He was referring more to the overall concept of man-made climate change being a myth started by the Chinese government in order to cripple US manufacturing, which might be true.

7. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

wat

Spieky

you are breaking my heart

Tweek516 and Geressen like this.
  8. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Trump says a lot of stuff that seems to always be taken out of context then I guess?
    not a good quality. but hey it is your foot being shot, not mine. :D

pfffft, you believe anything Hillary says?

9. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Oh my god how long have you had brain damage?

Kampel likes this.
  10. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Correct.

Fair point.
    Methinks you're misunderstanding what I'm getting at, I'm not very good with words, so I may have phrased it poorly.

11. Boozha

Please rephrase and mend my broken sludge pump, then

12. Darrkt

Darrkt New Member

Relying on stereotypes to define people is the most ignorant thing you could do. How is voting for trump going to affirm these stereotypes?

13. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Well, we're all aware that the Earth's climate is changing. What Trump is suggesting is that it's being exaggerated, as far as the future effects are concerned (the timescale, that is), and the reaction of the current western governments adding tons of regulations was unwarranted, for the most part. Part of this has to do with the fact that countries such as China don't follow such regulations, or lies about following them when they agree to any.

14. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Most people asume americans are stupid. this is the stereotype. I'm just saying afirming the stereotype would be a weird move.

15. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Nay, I purposefully avoid looking into these things so North America is both dead and alive until something happens. Schrödinger's 'murica, if you will. Not that either of the outcomes is exclusive to one candidate anyway, we'll see.

I do admit that the fact that Trump has gotten as far as he has is a bit weird to me, but then again so are many things which seem to be part of North America's culture, and quite frankly, South America isn't much better off when it comes to soap opera-like scenarios in politics.

Kampel likes this.
  16. Boozha

Yeah, he's suggesting that, but evidence disagrees. That many Chinese factories are not following regulations has other, more logical, less idiotic reasons. Why would US scientists go with the invention of man-made climate change? Moreover, why would European ones? It'´s absurd and illogical, the veneer of an argument.

Geressen likes this.
  17. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Quite probably, and it's not one of the issues I fully support him on, to be honest.

18. Boozha

But ... you are supporting the deranged man?

19. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

aparently it's far more important to be rich on a dead planet than to be alive and poor.

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

The two sorts of voters in the US summed up