You guys should run 2x marsh song

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by GoldTiger, Oct 25, 2016.

1. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Given the current state of the meta I find myself quite often giving up my own font or even mid font at some stage in the game. Sometimes you cant avoid it running 2x squishy pingers, slider, snap ancient etc. MS gives you enough power that you can afford to give up the early game and still come out on top. Often even if you don't draw lose with champs that have staying power mid, you can still draw lose spells as FS crutches so hard on bubble/phs/reverb/cannon etc. May hurt finding space but I'd probably drop erode (unreliable vs FW the main one and generally not great value/tempo) and a champ if you run more than 16.
    I have given my case and I hope you all adopt it as not enough people run 2MS, it has been carrying me hard and is OpieOP ty.

2. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

MS won't matter if UD gets its super duper spells cast in order (boundless vitality + mandate of sheoul + drain vitality)= game over ur fckd.

3. GoldTiger

That's a 100 nora combo. At best its more like pick 2. Even then that's about equivalent to the cost of a PHS for a champion, so I don't think it's too bad. As I said this would come under a poor draw if you didn't hit something like moog in to mid for example.

If they spent 70 nora to kill a 70 nora champion, dropping a marsh song and giving up mid for a turn to cleanse drain/kill boundless/ deploy isn't a loss given drain and boundless don't last for more than 6 and 4 turns respectively.

4. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Another way to utilize nora gen in FS is to run alot of champions with high resistances (+2nd defensive ability) and nora weave. Swampguard Crusher, Giant Crustacean, Salaman Investigator.

5. GoldTiger

That requires you draw two runes when you need them, and also that they are positioned correctly, and also that your opponent makes more than 4 attacks with the BG they are using (bombs/special attacks etc.). You can drop MS at (almost) any time (generally).
    It's really hard to drop noraweave when you've dropped your own/mid font, but not so much ms. Noraweave is a more of a get ahead/win more rather than come from behind/get ahead/win more rune.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  6. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

16 champs it's too much on the current Pox...

Words from the experts! (link to a thread about this)

7. GoldTiger

Exactly why I said you should drop them for marsh song
    PS link not working

8. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

You said more than 16.

You should drop 15° and 16° aswell.

Also there is no link, that was intended.

9. GoldTiger

Not necessarily. I still draw lose sometimes with my collective bg with 2 shrwdders,slider, chipped Boulder, moog@100, fish kisser with manic ,geekal@90 etc. Doesn't matter if you have a high chance of drawing a tune t1 if they are all fat slow or expensive. So there is some merit to running 15 and even 16 depending on their BG. Also if I were to drop my 15th champ I would be left without a tank spot and I only have about 2 hard tanks otherwise.

As I said more than 16 is almost always wrong but if you aren't giving up necessary spells and gaining A HEAP then I would say I'm right in this case regardless of what the experts say in regards to simply drawing a rune t1

10. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Pros said it, not trying to argue about it.

11. GoldTiger

Damn does my pro insight not count ://

12. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Not for me, I haven't seen you around here, and you don't even have an avatar (of most importance).

13. GoldTiger

Should it matter if my insight is correct and makes theoretical and game play sense?

14. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I'm not a pro. For me, pro saying is god saying. You don't seem like a god to me. Prove me your miracle!

15. GoldTiger

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  16. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

17. GoldTiger

18. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

19. GoldTiger

Originally my bros account although we share the same runes. Use either depending on which avatar I want to use. Both accounts don't have much play time and ya my new nick sucks but what you gonna do when youre hyped for diablo 3 at 10-12 years old.

20. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

I can agree on the viability of marsh song.

Anima26 and Skullferno like this.