You win by not attacking

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by JazzMan1221, May 30, 2015.

1. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

https://poxbase.com/deck/Cu7C8kc3qCozcioClvCzKC1Gcl7Co2S4Ns58S25S6fr1r8E3WE1d

Ok, maybe a little bit of attacking. But It's 100% optional. The "win condition" of this deck is getting your opponent so unbearably frustrated with their situation that they leave the game in disgust. There are a few combos here that make such a situation possible. I'll go over them one by one.

1. Vitality: Creation + Stitched Monolith/Dark Familiar/Bone Elemental

The point of this obviously to make whatever unit Bone Circle Staff is equipped to an unstoppable monster. Because Vitality: Creation works off of both summons and real units, it is incredibly easy to proc in all stages of the game. There are, however, some interesting ways to make things smoother. The first is Bone Elemental, who pops out a summon whenever he is attacked, thus gaining 2 HP. Then you just Consume to heal him back up! Stitched Monolith is a case where you want to play somewhat safer with him until he gets big. But with Strength of Body, Vitality: Creation can continuously increase his damage as he gains HP. For only 65 nora, it's impossible not to run this guy. Lastly, there is Dark Familiar, who already gets stronger the longer he is out. Again, Vitality: Creation bumps his power even more, and after Elsari Dusk procs, he's usually sitting at around 60 HP. No matter what you equip Bone Circle Staff to, it's going to be incredibly hard to take down later on.

2. Chronomancer + Nora Freeze/Doom

This one is relatively simple. Basically you use Spell Shift to make Nora Freeze have 100% up time, meaning neither player generates nora. Ever. Now this may seem counter-intuitive, seeing as how Nora Freeze will always cost 30 nora to cast so you'll eventually run out of nora yourself, but fixing that is just a matter of playing smart. If you start to get low on nora, keep Nora Freeze in your rune dock for a round. Even with only your shrine's base nora gen you'll have enough to cast Nora Freeze once, and have 15 nora left over for the next time. Doom is another case in which, while you may not always have it up and available, there's a good chance that the majority of your opponent's units will have Short Lived at all times. Again, keeping this going requires nora, so be smart with your casts.

3. Wish + Flag of Unification

Not sure if this one's a bug or intentional, but Flag of Unification can be placed on opposing champions, granting them the positives and negatives of the equipment. What does this mean? It means that if you keep spamming the Flags via Wish, all of your opponent's champions will be unable to attack or use abilities. If they shatter the Flag, you can always use Spell Shift to get Wish back faster. As long as one Flag remains in play, you'll be able to keep your opponent useless for as long as you please.

4. Focused Nexus + Frost Giant

This one is your ace in the hole. When you start to lose ground and the opponent surrounds your shrine, simply deploy a Frost Giant or two, transfigure, and cast Focused Nexus. While your avatar remains on the Nexus, any damage it takes will be split with the Frost Giants. But since they have Resilient, unless the opponent is attacking with a 20+ damage unit, they will take no damage at all! This strategy works best if you have a few other units on the Nexus as well; the more you have, the more the damage gets split. Use this when the opponent thinks they have you cornered, and it will infuriate them all the more.

Those are your basic combos. Note that they can be mixed around depending on what the situation calls for, and what level of frustration you wish to inflict upon your hapless opponent. Since Focused Nexus lasts for an astounding 20 turns, Spell Shift enables you to have it up 100% of the time, provided you have nora to cast it. The rest of the runes are filler, and just generally stall-based. Aspect of Infinity shines after she duplicates a few times; take Force Barrier and Balance on her to draw the game out longer. Force Barrier's cooldown is very low, and with more than one Aspect around, you can permanently wall off a large section of the map.

Broken Bones and Crystalis are your spammy units. Use them to quickly stack up your Vitality: Creation. Crystalis is especially good for this, since it's a guaranteed unit every turn. Don't worry about their low HP/general uselessness. Use them to get those stacks going, and potentially wall off your shrine from attackers. Trust me, they replicate faster than bunnies in mating season, and offer a bit of healing to boot.

Culler is there purely because she has Vitality: Creation base. Her Bone Traps are good stallers, and she can be quite the annoying healer with Transfer Life + Consume. Lastly, Elementalist is just a decent unit who happens to boast Deploy Charged. Being able to Freeze things on demand is a good skill to have when you want to be annoying, not to mention his frost beams make for great poke.

One thing this deck desperately lacks is nora gen. Tomb helps, and even though it's harmful to your own units while in a split, nora gen is absolutely necessary for this deck. If you don't have nora, you can't keep your stall combos going. Even without Tomb, the deck is playable to a degree; it just takes a huge amount of nora management skills. You'll often find that you lack the resources to obtain fonts, especially in the early game. Worry not! Even if you're down by 2 fonts, all your deck requires is time. Breaking an opponent's mind is a long, slow, painful process that cannot be rushed. Just give them a little prod whenever you can and they will eventually crack under the pressure. Once that happens, victory will be yours. :)

Joker and Engleberry like this.
  2. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Can I just point out that about 90% of what you've talked about in this deck can be done in FF ST?

3. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

Yayyyy! I love the bg's you come up with Jazzman. I have built it as-is and am in the process of testing it out and getting familiar. Seems super awesome, I love the wish/flag module and will probably be taking that to other types of bg's/win conditions.

4. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

I've since swapped out one Nora Freeze and the Focused Nexus for 2 Runic Seal. Tbh I'm still toying with what spells would be best for Chrono to keep available, but the basic reasoning here is that Focused Nexus requires you to transfigure (at which point you've probably gotten too far behind for it to matter) whereas Runic Seal is castable in shrine form. The point is still the same (i.e. protecting your shrine) but Runic Seal's protection is a massive 50 damage that is stackable; much better protection IMO. As for the Nora Freeze drop, I've found myself hating it for its faults more than liking it for its strengths, so I decided to cut back on one. I've still kept the singleton in there just in case, but I feel like the main combos should still be Chrono + Doom, Bone Staff + Monolith, and Flag + Wish.

5. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

I'm having insane fun with the Flag+wish/Doom + Chrono modules. The 2hp a turn is kinda meh to me, but it's a nice time bomb while you stall out with flag/wish. I've noticed that once you've turned all of your opponents champs into useless hp shields, they just get parked in your font forever.

I now have a BG that so far only comprises of chrono, wish and flag. And am toying with all the different things that can go with it. Awesome job jazz!