Young Turks reveal the truth about USA Police Violence and it's roots.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BurnPyro, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

You're misinformed if you think I'm joining this discussion.

I went passive aggressive for my own ammusement, jello was like, bro? Then I was like, yeah bro. Then Gres was like, umad? And then I was like, nah bro. Then you were like pencil+lots of time and I was like /skip.

Peese.

DarkJello likes this.
  2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

None of that changes how I feel about what you said :D

3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

If a feeling is had on the Internet but the one guy doesn't care, has the feeling ever been had?
    #Tree/Forrest2015deepthoughts

DarkJello likes this.
  4. Sokolov

Yes, I believe so. At least I feel it in my feelers that I am feeling feels.

Then again, maybe this is all an illusion.

DarkJello likes this.
  5. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Now this thread takes a turn down Interesting Ave, finally.

DarkJello likes this.
  6. Sokolov

7. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

You're so witty, cheeky and clever. Let's just solve all the problems right now. Sokolov for office 2016! Nominations for VP?

8. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

My belly is huge, my brain has delay, you guessed it right I am from NA.

DarkJello and Geressen like this.
  9. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

The big one for me is the Patriot Act. Civil forfeiture and Eminent domain are a couple others. It is improving, but in most states physician assisted suicide is illegal. I feel that the fourth amendment is a shadow of its former self. The public defender system, which is supposed to guarantee a fair trial, is highly ineffective. People that have done nothing wrong are encouraged to plead because the system is so overloaded that they don't have time to mount a proper defense.

I suspect this is more global, but your personal life used to be separate from your work life. As long as you were doing the job you were paid for and not showing up drunk or on drugs, you kept your job. Now there are employers that are checking online presence to see how you behave outside work. They're not just looking for drinking and drugs, but political statements as well. I had a job interview a few years ago. They asked for my Facebook profile during the interview. When I said I didn't have a Facebook account, they didn't believe me and ended the interview.

DarkJello likes this.
  10. Runegod

Runegod I need me some PIE!

A lot of anger on this thread lol I was merely stating my opinion. I don't always agree with what cops do or how they handle things, but i've never been in a life or death situation before. Neither have any of you, crime is also much higher in the u.s. and a lot more people own guns and it's more violent over here. Jobs for cops are much different over here.

I do think they should use stun guns and alternate options more often though or at least attempt.

11. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

I don't believe that you need to have been in a situation to judge it. I've never jumped down a tower, are you going to insinuate my analysis of the pavement going to kill me is unfounded because of that?

12. Runegod

Runegod I need me some PIE!

Idk how tall is the tower, if it's 2 feet and you died you done ****ed up.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

if it's 2 feet i'd call it a pillar or a stone slab or platform or something not a tower.

also people can die from just falling over and cracking their head open like a raw egg.

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

lol'd

IMAGIRL likes this.
  15. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

2014: CRIME in the UNITED STATES

Overview
    • In 2014, the estimated number of murders in the nation was 14,249. This was a 0.5 percent decrease from the 2013 estimate, a 3.2 percent decrease from the 2010 figure, and a 14.9 percent drop from the number in 2005.
    • There were 4.5 murders per 100,000 people. The murder rate fell 1.2 percent in 2014 compared with the 2013 rate. The murder rate was down from the rates in 2010 (6.1 percent) and 2005 (20.8 percent). (See Table 1/1A)
    • Of the estimated number of murders in the United States, 46.0 percent were reported in the South, 20.5 percent were reported in the Midwest, 20.5 percent were reported in the West, and 13.1 percent were reported in the Northeast. (See Table 3)
    https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/u...2014/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/murder

Murder Offenders

Race

Total White Black Other Unknown

Total: 13,897 4,367 5,173 225 4,132

% distribution: 100.0 31.4 37.2 1.6 29.7

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/u...murder_offenders_by_age_sex_and_race_2014.xls

[​IMG]

http://fhgov.com/Business/Demographics.aspx

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

what is jello doing now? is he trying to be racist again in a turnabout way?

17. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

Not sure. I think he is bragging with the exceedingly impressive murder rate of 14 249. With 298, we didn't even hit the 300 murder mark last year.
    What a shame. But then again, the United States have almost three times as many inhabitants.

18. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

my countries murder rate is around 0.9, same source suggests the US one was 3.8 and there was a similar declining trend to the us so ...

if there were only a 100 000 people here there would be no murder as 1 person would only be made like 90% dead.

19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

What I'm getting from this is, good job Obama.

20. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

He's not my president.

(because I'm a dutchman, not because I m some sort of ******* US person)