Your client is absolute an absolute joke.

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by BurnPyro, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

i did go to hp and that is the one I installed the first time, my pc rejected it because my driver was customised apparently

i used the hp support feature to update it like that

3. Senshu

Just to get this straight, you went to HP and used their driver diagnosis software and when you tried to install the driver they recommend your PC did not recognize the driver as being valid?

So is the other link I posted for Intel the driver you downloaded and installed? Did you get any errors with it?

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

5. Senshu

That is the info I needed. It looks like that is an older driver version. Can you provide a link to the driver you did download?

Try this driver and make sure to restart your computer after installing. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24973/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-8-1-64-bit

After, installing the new driver and restarting preform the same action I mentioned before to get the driver version. This is to verify the driver is actually being updated. Also, let me know if you have any problems with installing the driver as in errors.

It could be that HP is running some sort of proprietary boards which require drivers provided by HP. If that is the case and you get errors every time you try to update your drivers through the HP site you may need to contact HP customer support.

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Ive tried downloading that driver twice now and it gives me an error both times.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers...2/model/5271273#Z7_3054ICK0KGTE30AQO5O3KA30R1

the intel one, seems old, but i figured i'd give it a go since it's the recommened update or whatever

so should I contact support or try and find another driver that works?

7. Senshu

Did you try installing the Intel driver I linked you to? That should be the newest version available.

You should probably contact HP support about updating your drivers.

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

9. Senshu

Yeah, that is exactly what I wanted to know, thanks. It sounds like this is purely an issue with HP and you will have to contact their technical support.

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Dammit.

Ive always had a really good experience with hp products. Anyhow, thanks for the heads up, ill contact support and pray they'll be able to help me.

11. Senshu

Laptops tend to have this issue with proprietary driver support.