Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MrBadguy, May 30, 2017.

1. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

19madfox95 and super71 like this.
  2. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

Nope. I did buy YGO legacy of the duelist on steam. Was a pretty cool game. Didn't really watch any anime after the original + a bit of GX. So playing through the stories was nice. 5Ds was cool. Haven't played YGO in 10 years or something and the game did a good job of introducing me to all the new mechanics. Altough I didn't like pendulums. Duel links seems cool, especially since it looks like it has an actual playerbase compared to LotD. But I satisified my YGO urge for a while with that game.

BurnPyro likes this.
  3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

YGO legacy of the duelist was pretty fun on steam

it's just a thing you casually play though while tripping out over the nostalgia

4. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Yeah, I also played Lgacy of the Duelist on the PS4 some time ago. What caught my attention in this game is that on top of the normal gameplay system(though card slots are reduced to 3 from 5), all duelists have abilities they can unlock. For example, Yami Yugi can start with the field spell Yami at the beginning of the duel or just do what he does in the show and draw any card from his deck he wants every time his life points are reduced by 2000(out of 4000 total). "Destiny Draw" is the name of the skill but it's basically just cheating. Not all skills are that useful but there's some funny ones like how Joey can have a low chance of surviving at 1 life point until his opponent's next turn or always land heads on all his coin flips if his life points are under 1000. Characters also narrate every move they do and even have animations for some signature cards like Dark Magicion for Yugi, Red Eyes Black Dragon for Joey, Blue eyes for Kaiba and so on. Game's been a lot of fun so far, didn't expect some free phone game to have this much content at all.

BurnPyro likes this.
  5. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

6. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

Good stuff.