Yugioh is up Bane Shift creek

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by themacca, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Nekroz. As soon as I see one of their cards I disconnect and look for the next match. No thx.

2. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

I don't know much about them because I wasn't interested in playing again but from the few things that I did see they seem like dragon rulers all over again. A super expensive deck that sorta plays itself and dominates the meta.

3. Boozha

It has some ridiculously powerful effects and keeps hand size up very effectively. Anytime you clear the field they rebound immediately and exhaust you hard in the process, also burning YOUR hand. No fun at all.

Shaddoll are fun, though, and Satellarknights, and Burning Abyss, and Constellars (kinda suck in comparison). My favourite deck was mist valley, but the limiting of Divine Wind of Mist Valley ruined the theme ... it was probably done because of Yokai, but damn, dat collateral damage.

4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Admittedly, they were way worst BEFORE they got the deck limit opposed on red eyes darkness metal dragon.

5. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

REDMD was at 1 before hieratics were ever released though. I started playing a few weeks before hieratics came out and ended up buying a box so that I could make a deck. I kinda lucked into pulling a gaia dragon and atum along with 3x all the core stuff so it was hella worth xD

6. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

-goes to play my classic E Hero deck against my other indentical classic E Hero deck-
    Classic E Hero vs Classic E Hero might be the most enjoyable matchup to play apart from possibly Goat Control vs Goat Control.

Ohmin likes this.
  7. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

It must have been around 12 years ago, when me and my brother bought the starter decks of Kaiba and Yugi. I choose Kaiba and he Yugi. We spent the whole day only playing against each other and it was pretty fun. Although I always thought summoned skull was too strong compared to other cards. For example Kaiba had that judge thingy as strongest 6 star with 2200 atk. My favourite card is probably King Dragun, which I opened in a pack. Haven't played in a long time though. I have no idea what synchro cards are. But reading this thread I kinda want to dig up my old decks and play a few games against my brother...

Also, I remember trading my Scapegoat (from starter deck Joey) for Mirror force. Looking back it feels like a scam on my part lol.

8. soulmilk

Synchro Creatures are white colored cards that are in the extra deck. (Formerly known as Fusion deck)
    You combine 1 Tuner creature with non Tuner creatures. (Some creatures have the word tuner written in the creature line, like Dragon/Tuner)
    The synchro creature might say "1 Tuner creature + 1 or more non tuner creatures."
    This means you need to tribute from your side of the field 1 tuner creature and non tuner creatures that together exactly equal the level of the Synchro creature. (1 Level 2 tuner and 1 Level 4 Creature = Level 6 Synchro.)
    [​IMG]

XYZ Creatures are black colored cards that are in the extra deck.
    You combine 2 or more creatures of the same level and put them under the XYZ creatures as sort of like ammunition, called XYZ Material. (The XYZ creature discards them to activate effects.)
    A XYZ creature can example say 2 Level 4 creatures, meaning you have to combine 2 Level 4 creatures on your side of the field to summon the XYZ creature, and then put the 2 cards under the XYZ creature.
    [​IMG]

Both of these are pretty similar to Fusion, so they shouldn't be hard to understand.
    Then there is something called Pendelum creatures.

Pendulum Creatures are put in the main deck.
    You can summon or set them like regular creatures.
    You can also instead play them as continuous spells in a new zone called the pendulum zone. (There are 2 of these zones.)
    If a Pendulum creature would be put into the graveyard from the field, instead put it on top of your extra deck face up.
    Pendulum creatures have something called a Pendulum Number, the number can be between 1 to 12.
    If you have 2 Pendulum cards in the Pendulum zone as spell cards, you can perform an action called Pendulum Summon.
    Pendulum Summon says this: Once each of your turns, you may special summon as many creatures as able from your hand and face up pendulum creatures from your extra deck that have a level between the 2 numbers of the pendulum creatures in the pendulum creatures to your side of the field.
    (The number Between the 2 Pendulum Spells are called the Pendulum Scale.)
    [​IMG]

Pendulum creatures are quite confusing and the mass special summons creatures makes One Turn Kills very frequent, which is what many players complain about.

9. Boozha

Synchro is cool, XYZ (which is, btw, pronounciated "excess", whatever) is mostly okay, too, but Pendulum really ... went a bit off the rocker. Not necessarily OP, although Qliphort probably are, but very, very, very confusing and utterly and ridiculously complex

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I feel like the Pendulum mechanic would make sense after playing with it a bit, but that sure isn't readable.

11. soulmilk

This should make a bit more sense.

12. Ultima

Ultima I need me some PIE!

Its Bane Shift now IMO. I play but rarely. I have a nice anti meta skull servant deck that can one hjt KO under right conditions. Or mill my self out and make them unkillable via spells and effects. Making combat useless since my kings are buffed up 5k and more. I prefer magic but the constant changing meta bleedsbmkney. All thought I'd like to hop into it now since goblins are coming back.

13. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Interesting. I've not seen all of this yet, busy on Netflix, but it caught my eye while I was multitasking. Check it out.

soulmilk likes this.
  14. soulmilk

Azneyes is the only Yugituber I currently subscribe to. < w <

15. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

soulmilk likes this.
  16. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

I play Yu-Gi-Oh on Duelingnetwork. I was actually ranked pretty high last season, and I mainly played a deck that was out of meta, Neo Space. I also played Burning Abyss on the side as well.

Anywho, Pendulums are ridiculous right now, and I can already see the new limiting system. "Cannot use Pendulums in rank rated games." How I can't wait to see that message.

17. soulmilk

How is Yu-Gi-Oh right now?
    I haven't played since Pendulums was released, but it's not because of Pendulums I took a break.
    The game started feeling like who can combo off first. (This started happening around when Atlantean was released and it felt like it only got worse afterwards.)
    Soon afterwards I noticed Raigeki came off the banlist. To me it sounds like the game have become too much about OTKs if Raigeki is considered a fair card.

18. Boozha

Shadoll are ruined, Qliphort got a few nerfs, Nekroz got a nerf, the much more potent board clear Exciton Knight got banned ... lots of changes

19. SkeletonKing

SkeletonKing The King of Potatoes

All I know about Yu-gi-oh is...
    When it first came out, I bought one pack to see what the cards looked like, and got a Blue Eyed White Dragon thing, and some kid offered to trade me his Gameboy Advance for it.
    I said "Ok" and never looked back. :D

BurnPyro and soulmilk like this.
  20. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

Guys, if you want to play Yu-Gi-Oh online, play it on http://www.duelingnetwork.com/

It's actually a lot more convenient as it portrays the style you'd play in reality. (You yourself calculate the LP lost, and the entire thing is pretty manual and not run by an automatic system, which actually makes it fun. Although, there are rules.)
    You also get access to EVERY card, and have the ability to create ANY deck. Tournaments done are usually hosted by this site.