Zealot here...

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Iskandak, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

Sigh, nvm. Thanks for making Drunk theme bad again though

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  2. Nora That

Nora That I need me some PIE!

Not only that, but Axeraiser tried to argue with me that warding on Bastion the avenger is better!....
    Really?
    Can't put an rd on him, can't use might of IS on him, can't mark of redemption him to hit those no khan do champs, or those with block. Can't div touch him when he's in trouble... Tell me again how that is better?

3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

They were necessary nerfs.

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Here's the actual conversation:

upload_2015-9-13_13-40-22.png
    upload_2015-9-13_13-40-36.png
    upload_2015-9-13_13-40-55.png
    upload_2015-9-13_13-41-19.png
    upload_2015-9-13_13-41-30.png
    upload_2015-9-13_13-41-57.png
    upload_2015-9-13_13-42-14.png

The fact that you interpret this as Axe trying to tell you Bastion is better is just silly.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
    Axeraiser, Sirius and Ozariig like this.
  5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

"Axeraiser... would u consider taking me on a date?"

Sirius likes this.
  6. Nora That

and my point stands, he claims harder to kill with warding.... again no rd, no impervious, no might, no friendly spell at all that he NEEDS to survive

7. Nora That

8. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

He doesn't need anything to survive. If you position/use him correctly, he's golden.

9. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

I'm still sad about drunk theme. Before st semmirs carouse wasnt a problem. Even intoxicated was better on a dwarf brute. Now because of beardmaiden carouse and st semmirs got a taste of their own medicine. Beardmaiden is now way overpriced and carouse as a whole is just sad :p. Yes it needed a nerf. But kicking every skill in the shins made me sad :p.

st semmir was op. I have no idea how it is now as noone plays it.

Carouse was not op before st semmir (I kept whining about its cost till it dropped to 5 nora) But 2 cd is just sad.

Keg toss, yes it needed to be done. But noone plays it anymore.

Intoxicated: one of my all time favorites. Running it on dwarf brutes made them brutal. Since its nerf you can remove all brute classes if you like, it doesnt do anything for them anymore. Even windfury when he just got brute intoxicated lost its brutalness. You can remove brute from windfury now (as brutes were all hand combat, and give brewmaster brute as he is handcombat) doesnt have any impact.

This was what my thread was about. I removed it because I wrote it very mad. Now Ill clarify with a bit less zealotry

Nora That likes this.
  10. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Eww warding....really Axe? That is really bad.

Edit: is Poxbase wrong in its pricing? Warding is 2 nora and unstoppable is 3. So the argument that it was to good for its price ( Which can easily be true) is some how not true for a 17 nora ability with warding?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
    Nora That likes this.
  11. Nora That

explain to me how he is golden?
    simply spewing bs to disagree with me is not a good enough reason

12. Nora That

and if he's golden why aren't you running him?

13. Tarth

It shouldn't be discounted that it was overly efficient, but mostly when you take into account CA: Devastate+ unstoppable+ incite synergy on top of the cost effectiveness of the ability. Just saying, it IS a bad ability to have in general on what is suppose to be the resilient( which would of been better even) clan in a theme which kinda relies on target spell buffs aka Inauguration,MoI, MoR, RD, etc.

EDIT: Pre nerf bastion should not be used to justify a nerf of this level to the warchief ability. Bastion has always been OP due to CA: Devastate on a easy to move and strong champion; Well before Warchief ever existed he was breaking mechanics. There were loads of more effective ways to nerf him then the removal of a synergy ability other units can use while being balanced. At the very least it should of provided a better replacement ability.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
    Nora That likes this.
  14. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Actually I still run him in Barbs and in my good stuff BG.

I take Battle Leader in meta, Aid Defense in Barbs.

15. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

16. Nora That

having him still in a bg you have not used at all since the nerf means nothing

17. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

So many golden lines. My favorites, aside from the "f u" s Nora That uses as half his lines (which I like ironically) are:
    "my god
    Nora
    you just went full potato
    holy sh!t"

And of course the "axeraiser... would u consider taking me on a date?"

Pure gold.

Nora That likes this.
  18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I've used my Barb BG twice, and my good stuff BG about as much as I've been using my Strux BG. So plz do keep trying to prove me wrong.

19. Tarth

Are people actually defending/ok with the warding change or just arguing over bastion being OP/good ?

If the former, I want to point out Warchief Inauguration, THE warchief spell, is unable to target 1/3 of the warchiefs it has synergy with now; Kinda bad design don't you think? When your Stone clan bounces, you then lose the ability to target that unit, which is about half of the power of the spell/Theme synergy, Stacking the cast on the target chief.

If you are all *****ing about bastion, who the F cares, he will still be dumbly overpowered ot completely mitigated with CA: Devastate. He would need actual changes to not be a gimmick.

20. Daerthalus

Daerthalus Devotee of the Blood Owl

I agree that adding Warding was not the way to go, but I also agree that it was too efficient.

Tough 3 is Worth 15 Nora.
    Stone Clan often grants Tough 3 + Unstoppable and bounced around on death for only 10 nora.

They needed to do something, personally adding warded would not have been the way I'd have gone, due to the non-synergy with the rest of the IS buff spells, especially Warchief Inaugeration.

The alternative would have been a cost increase. Would increasing it to 15 or even 18 nora have been better?