Zephyr Shield v. Nokhan Do

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Xirone, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Nokhan Do (8 Nora)- Attacks against this unit miss for 2 AP. This effect can trigger up to 2 times per turn, and does not trigger if this unit is Paralyzed, Distracted or Stunned.

Zephyr Shield (18 Nora)- When this champion moves 4 spaces in a single turn, the next successful attack in 4 turns against it misses. This effect stacks up to 3 times.

With Nokhan Do, one can prevent two attacks each round for 2 AP/Attack. If you save 4 AP each turn, two attacks can be mitigated. Conversely, Zephyr Shield requires movement and 4 AP/Attack to mitigate an attack. Unlike Nokhan Do, one can save stacks (up to 3) for a later turn (within 4 turns). Also, Zephyr Shield triggers even if the unit with it is stunned. Lastly, a champion with Zephyr Shield can be countered by limiting its movement whereas a champion with Nokhan Do can sit still and do its thing.

With that said, does anyone else think Zephyr Shield is overpriced in comparison to Nokhan Do? I am biased because I want Wind Sprinter to be a viable champion, but I think so.

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Zephyr is very likely overcosted 3-6 nora.

3. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

4. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Zephyr was extremely over powered at one point and was changed functionally but the nora cost wasnt.

Obviously has just been ignored since the revamp.

5. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

I feel like the skills are about as good as each over, both have their ups and their downs. Then again, this probably should warrant a price decrease for wind shield or something of the sort.

6. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Yeah, at one time it was super strong and worth the cost. Now, it seems like it is on par with Nokhan Do (as Elves Rules said each has their pros and cons) but much more expensive.

7. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Personally, I agree that Zephyr Shield is overcosted. Nokhan Do is pretty bad design so I'm not sure I'd rely on making that comparison to Zephyr, but I'd definitely like ZS to go down to the 11-12 range. I mean, 18 is just ridiculous.

8. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

Zephyr Shield at 12N makes the most sense to me as I consider it superior to Nohkan Do thanks to the ability to exchange movement for misses. Rushing into a font with stacks makes for a better contester than slowly creeping forward with Nohkan Do, for example. Zephyr shield allow allows for champions to use all of their AP every turn, while Nohkan Do does not.

Beasts for life and Xirone like this.