Zeventrech BG :D

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by Gajeel, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Gajeel

Gajeel The King of Potatoes

Please share tips/advice :D
    Just a heads up, I'm fairly poor, and this is the first iteration

upload_2017-1-7_21-16-8.png

2. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

With Obelisk and Wish, I'd replace for another Equipment

ST - Keeneye Crown, Shield of Mirrors, Flag of Unification
    SP - Tempest Crown, Slaver's Whip

Hyaenid Feshwrangler may also be a good choice, Consume units with Jakei Pilgrimage is good combo imo. You could also add Strig Warlock to benefit from the same combo, plus it's good for swarm.

3. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

Ascendance
    Your build is titled Ascendance, and it seems as if you are attempting to go that way, but you need some help. First, Ascendance works off the ability Intensify (After 10 turns, this ability is removed and this unit is Cleansed and gains +20 MAX HP, +1 RNG and +1 SPD permanently). This is a great ability; but you need to make sure your deployed champs last 10 turns to reap its reward; so make sure you have the right balance between melee, range, and support. Second, your main character is Zeventrech. He is very expensive; so when you drop him, protect him. With that said, he is very strong when he's on the field, especially now with Mass Teleport, which is a huge powerturn. This skill alone can win you games. Learn how to use it.

Now, based around Zeventrech's abilities and Ascendance, I recommend the following. This build works around Intensify, relocation, and attack combinations. This build is weak in tanks but excels in range attack. The runes here can be expensive, so you'll have to farm your way to getting them. (I recommended using the UD Fire build for farming by playing the dailies and skirmishes.) Below, you have the champs and my recommended upgrades along with spells, relics, and equips. After, I mention some of the combinations and combo strings you can get out of it. This build has so many ways to damage a champ you'll need to carefully think through and play around in order to see how all of them work. After a while, you'll be able string two or more combinations together for insane damage output.

Champs (16)
    Angel of Chaos (1) - This angel has Intensify and Pull on base, so she fits in nicely. Run her with MB on UG 1 and Hunter Walker on UG 2 to maximize her roll. Use Pull to bring enemy champs closer and use it often. Drop MB on enemies for AOE needs and to lower defense.

Angel of Perseverance
    (1) - This angel has Intensify and Perseverance on base, and select DT on UG 1 and Regen on UG 2. This champ will last a long time and be hard to bring down once you drop her, but she is ranged, so keep her somewhat secure. With all her built in defense, you can be a little aggressive at times when you need the damage output.

Arroyo Echo (1) - This unit's signature Dread Field skill is great defensively. Run it with Impenetrable on UG 1 and Gale on UG 2, using Gale as often as possible.

Chronomancer
    (2) - This is a central unit for you. Get her out quickly but keep her out of trouble. Use her Haste and Stall abilities often; and when possible, use her signature Spell Shift ability to cycle through spells quicker. Maximize her UG lines with Teleport 2 and DC 2.

Cyclops Blastmage (2) - This is also a central unit for you. Blastmage's relocation effects are critical to understanding your combos and strings. Run him with Teleport 3 and PD.

Cyclops Stormcaller (1) - This unit excels in AOE output. Run him with LS 3 and LB.

Cyclops Warwizard (1) - The Warwizard is a great all around champ. He can attack from range, create AP with Alacrity, Teleport 2, and Pull enemies closer. You'll find him useful if you protect him.

Dawnmist
    (1) - This is a funky unit and a bit of a gamble but can be a game changer. She combs extremely well in this build. Select Weighty and Freezing Aura or FB as his upgrades.

Frostfall Icewisp
    (1) - This unit is for combing as well as utility. Give him Any on UG 1 and Shatter.

Hyaenid Ascendant
    (2) - This is another central champ to your scheme. His base skills are okay, but his upgrades are the better parts for this build. Give him Intensify, which plays into your scheme, and Pin Down for comboing.

Shardseer K'aeyun
    (1) - This will be your greatest single unit damage dealer outside of Zeventrech. Her Savage Exploits skills works in combo with other units to maximize her output. Select MA 2 or PS on UG 1 to maximize that output and Perseverance on UG 2 to keep her with the Ascendance theme.

Sonic Elemental
    (1) - This little unit also combos well with everything here. Give it Sonic Burst and Absorb.

Zeventrech (1) - This is your main champ. Get him out first if possible because, otherwise, you may not be able to afford him later. He'll deal a ton of damage with his attacks, but his greatest skill is Mass Teleport, which is an AP gen and troop movement ability.

Spells (6)
    Gale Force (1), Havoc's Touch (1), Ice Strom (1), Pilgrimmage (1), Spirit Channeling (1), Swap (1), Whispers of the Mind (1)

Relics (3)
    Cleansing Emerald (1), Halberd of J'thir (1), The Resistance (1)

Equips (5)
    Cyclops Eye Belt (1), Phoenix Anklet (1), Staff of Ascendance (1), Vicious Harpoon (1)

Combinations
    1. Drop Resistance or equip Eye Belt to give slam to elementals, Arroyo, Dawnmist, Icewisp, and Sonic.
    2. Cast Channeling on Ascendant to give him Race: Elemental, an AOE, and Slam from Resistance.
    3. Use Homing Sense on Dawnmist and Slam from Resistance with Force Barrier on Dawnmist.
    4. Use Pull, Gale, Portal Blast, or Slam with AOEs or Lightning Blast for multiple unit damage.
    5. Use Pull, Gale, Portal Blast, or Slam with Deafening Aura on Sonic Elemental.
    6. Use Pull, Gale, Portal Blast, or Slam with Dread Field on Arroyo.
    7. Use Gale, Portal Blast, or Slam with Force Barrier on Dawnmist or Pin Down on Ascendant.
    8. Use Haste on Chronomancer and Chill or Frozen effects with Savage Exploit on K'aeyun.
    9. Cast Pilgrimage on Chronomancer to get Heal Mass 3.
    10. Cast Swap to activate Portal Blast on Blastmage.
    11. Gather champs together around Zeven and use Mass Teleport to setup any of these combos.
    12. Gather champs close to target on cast Alacrity on Warwizard.
    13. Equip K'aeyun with Eye Belt.

Strings
    1. String Combo 1 and 7 together or 2 and 7 or 1, 2, and 7 or 1, 2, 3, and 7.
    2. String 11 and 3 together or 11 and 12 or 11 and 7 or 11 and 4 or 11 and 6.
    3, String 13 and 5 together or 13 and 7 for serious damage output.

There are so many ways to pull off these combos and strings. Have Fun!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    aseryen likes this.
  4. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Certainly going to make some Zeventrech bgs as well, although Split Hero focused bgs is further on my list of bgs I want to make.

5. Gajeel

Gajeel The King of Potatoes

I dont even run this bg anymore lol. But thank you for your tips.
    I've invested all my capacity in buffing the Crones instead. They tend to last the full 10 turns since they have both shield and impenetrable with the staves on. They also have drain, and I focused on cheap meat to keep stuff away, and a few heals. They end up getting to 20+ dmg, and then they just destroy the other player. Ive beat a few limited players already with it, however its definitely not the smartest bg lol. I kind of blame them for losing, they should have known to focus on my kanens. I dont think i would have won against good players. I just wanted to give ascendance a try. Zevens cool and all, but hes just too big of an investment, and against things like FW with essence drain, and loss of life attacks, hes really not all that tanky either.

6. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Always run dawnmist with wandering.