zeventretch or spirit of the mountain

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by calisk, Jun 28, 2017.

?

would you put zeven in your deck instead of spirit of the mountain assuming you must pick 1?

1. zeven

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. spirit

10 vote(s)
    58.8%
  1. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

let's pretend zeven costs as 100 nora

that's 29 nora less then his default build, and 19 nora more then spirit of the mountain.

zeven = 100 nora
    spirit = 81

would anyone play zeven over spirit?

just food for thought, I would of put zeven up against spirit at his normal cost but that's a joke so figured i'd make it a little fair for poor old zeven

2. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

Lets just say if Kento was 200 nora and zeven was 100 Id add 2 kentos :)

3. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Zeven needs to be 150 nora and a raid boss tier unit. What are these 129 nora memes for? He's a being probably in the top 20 lorewise strongest living champion tiers and he's been unplayable for years now. Making Zeven viable with a good rework would also open up the doors for SP/ST clops to be quasi viable.

4. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

@MrBadguy for a cyclopean wizard from the greatest empire on Poxanthuru that was revived by an evil wizard, just to kill her ultimate form years later, and who formed an army of cyclops to go against the Voil, I think he's pretty much up there with Maxxarekk. What makes him that strong is that he lived longer than any living being is meant to (demons are expected to be reborn weaker so meh), and specially to cyclopes that's a big deal.

Sok has said that he has no plans to make Zeven competitive, and that's most likely for the best (unless he's meant to be "normal" in a rework). On the other hand, since Shield can no longer protect him, maybe something could be worked out, but the ST/SP clops theme does need more runes, specially on the ST side (somehow).

EDIT: Voted Zeven because firk SoTM

5. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

heh way to taint the sample XD

6. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

i've never ran spirit ever. Ran Zeven a few times and he's actually been pretty good. though i always cant help but feel i could have just deployed 2 cyclops maulers and got more value for less nora

7. Lushiris

Aegis just doesn't have good value on a ranged champion,because needing it probably means it won't be enough to keep him alive.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    Braxzee likes this.
  8. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

I think Aegis should be modified not removed. Its Zmans signature ability. A complicated way could be he grants Aegis and ST units get their Aegis part and SP units get their Aegis part. This way it can help Cyclops on some level. Mass teleport helps the 2x2 units. I know it is not Cyclops specific but Zman can provide range and movement issues for them.

I always thought since Zman was a story telling diplomat, you could remove Aegis and give him the Truce spell as an ability and this would allow Cyclop champs to move into place and make up for their low speed. He is very expensive and an ability like that may cost more lol

9. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

mass teleport is actually a fairly new ability for zven braxzee.
    originally he had a charged based teleport that let him go anywhere on the map and people would stall out the game with him til he could teleport near the enemies shrine and destroy it with a couple of whacks.
    and i don't think zven was designed as a theme enabler for cyclops. ( and i also disagree with you about him being diplomat )
    as his core identity was(and still is) being a super champ.
    if it were me i'd just made him better at his job.
    make him more expensive but worth his cost. (i wouldn't even mind paying 150-200 nora)
    he should be incredibly strong to the point of being game winning for his cost.
    but not totally unbeatable.
    as zven is the very definition of a super champ he needs to be able to do his job properly.

Gnomes likes this.
  10. free20play

its not that aegis is bad but that zvens damage and threat level is too low for how high his cost is.
    infact aegis is an incredible ability and i certainly don't want it removed.
    what zeven needs is more damage/speed and or ways of killing stuff.
    as we can all remember that zeven worked well back when he had old rampage and cleave available to him.
    the problem zeven has today is he lacks the damage to compete/threat to compete.
    also i'm honestly surprised at you guys thinking this isn't the real issue.
    as giving zven better defensive tools doesn't matter if he can't be a threat.

11. Braxzee

I was going off of his lore and his quote on his rune card to go the storyteller route. I know he used to be a super champ with teleport based on charges and was built to basically be a round timer and as soon as he had the charges game over.

12. free20play

if we really wanted to make zven do his job properly we'd give him back his melee range.
    give him something like range 1-6,1-7,1-8.
    give him higher dmg and speed.
    some more combat based abilities.
    and or maybe combat awareness 2 or shielded or even both them together.
    give him like 150-200 ish nora cost.
    give us more revere zeven units out in play. ( so we could have a chance of actually playing him in a game if we are winning )
    do a small rework on revere zeven instead of just being a stat boost have it do something else.
    also give us some zven specific runes. ( not for him alone but for his theme whatever it is )
    that would give bonuses/effects and most importantly reasons to run a zven bg.

13. Braxzee

Well if you are looking for more offense you can get it with a simple buff spells that could put him closer to the 150 nora range. Run him Split with ST/FS Bubbles and pilgrimage and furry friends and spell protections from both ST and FS.

14. free20play

except well you can't run bubble/backfire in a proper zeven bg if we are trying to make use of his aegis.
    another thing is if you were to use a 100+ noras worth of buff spells,equips on any champ ofc they'd end up being strong.
    but the thing is zven is supposed to be an extremely expensive super champ who should be strong to begin with.
    so the fact we need to spend all of this extra nora to make zven work seems wrong in my opinion.
    rather then wasting deck space/slots for those runes i'd rather have zven be strong enough on base to work.
    i just find it strange how you can throw a 100+ noras worth of buffs on a 60-80 nora cost unit and have it outcompete a 130 nora unit(zeven) even when they both receive the same buffs.
    i'm not gonna name the runes(since there are too many) but as someone who makes superchamp bgs i find it strange how true this is.

Gnomes likes this.
  15. Lushiris

I agree with @free20play , I think that as a powerful wizard he's more likely to fight for peace than being a pacifist himself (hence why he created a resistance to the voil).

What he really needs is something to replace Frost Cone, since I never thought it made any sense on him other than saying "hey he has ST flavor because he has a Frost ability"; I don't mind that but maybe he coulld have more options.

The second issue would be having Aegis reworked, maybe to something simpler like "While you have SP champions deployed Zeventrech has Oblivion Shield" and "while you have ST champions deployed Seventrucks has Absorb" (disclaimer: these ability examples are purely fictional, as they would probably be crazy OP, maybe ;)).

16. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Capture.PNG

Thats my zeven bg. but i would not go making SP/ST cyclops really a theme... rather have the constructs fleshed out more

17. Braxzee

I see it now too.....Good point ZMAN is more of an infiltrator to lead a resistance and attack for peace.

18. Lushiris

Pox has room for them all, and I'd love to see complete themes instead of new ones, but I feel many people wouldn't enjoy if that was the focus of expansions.