Zombie BG help

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by stu king, Sep 19, 2017.

1. stu king

stu king The King of Potatoes

Hi everyone i recently started playing pox again, i had a UD spider bg which wasn't working out to good haha. i forged all the runes i had and was trying to make a Zombie bg as cheap as possible as i didn't have many shards, this is what i made.
    [​IMG]
    I know its not great atm, i was wondering what runes i should save up for and include.
    Thanks for any help

Attached Files:

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Buy the Dead Meat deck for 5k gold as soon as you get the chance. It has Coragh and Zombie Rotwrapper in it, and both of those are great. After that, start investing your gold in ST decks (Dancers in the Snow) and sharding those. You can find both of these decks under the "Decks" tab in the Marketplace.

As for the deck as it stands --

CUT

Bonecrusher -- too flimsy for its cost
    Necrotaur -- bulky and awkward, and although it's better than a lot of people assume, there's better
    Infected Zombie -- not a good champ unless it is coming out of Pile

Corpse Collection -- weak spell, doesn't do enough, and you don't need what it does

Corpse-a-Pult -- I can see running two Piles, but the second Pult is too much when you should be playing champs instead

ADD

Coragh -- incredible zombie, incredible champ regardless, durable and dangerous

Hungry Dead -- wonderful space control spell, and does excellent damage if you can pin things inside of it

Bone Circle Staff -- anti-summon tool, decent equipment otherwise, very resilient because of the bouncing
    Enervating Collar -- helps you kill stuff with spot Dispel

ELSARIN VEX -- never build a FF deck without a Warbanner, especially a deck that wants the bonus stats as much as zombies

stu king likes this.
  3. stu king

Great mate thanks! i was planning on buying the avatar and getting the warbanner that way but turns out i already had the avatar but no warbanner haha

4. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

Any thoughts on Serkan, Moragen and/or Xulos in a zombie deck?

Also, is Fleshweaver witch necessary?

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

In general, Xulos>Serkan>Moragen for how safe and strong an include they are. Moragen has Apoc and her AP gen can help out the theme, but she isn't a great champ. Serkan runs a bit pricey, but his Dictate build can have good synergy with all the beefy summons. Xulos is always strong.

Not necessary, but you would be foolish not to run AoE AP generation as powerful as her.

6. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

That's a great help, cheers.

7. stu king

This is what iv made
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I'd take out the 1x desecration and exchange with mystic altier.

2x zombie rot wrappers.

I wouldn't serkan. Focus on creating summons. I don't really like the dragon either personally.

I'd exchange them for more cheap meat, and pray the rot wrappers carry.

9. stu king

yea i have changed the bg a bit since posting that, im saving up for another rot wrapper

Attached Files:

10. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Here's all you need for an fw bg

Essence drain x2
    elsaria bazaar x1
    mobolization x1
    hungry dead x1
    soulreave x1
    bone circle staff x1
    x1 xulos

Champions- Really doesn't matter, just essence drain any tanky problematic champs. Rely on your cheap meat spam to carry you home. Almost every zombie is fairly reliable in one way or another.

11. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Essense drain is strong, but it doesn't solve every problem in the game. It's really effective on high costed units, but weak vs low costed.

At least include soul bane to your list of easy to play FW mechanics.

12. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Of course essence drain isn't useful against cheap units, it costs 50 nora ? Anything else though it's easy mode, I don't even really put thought behind picking champs for fw bgs anymore. Just simply pick all the easy kill spells and that's that, the rest is irrelevant.