Zombie bg players?

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by 0wn3ddude, Dec 6, 2016.

1. 0wn3ddude

0wn3ddude New Member

good day fellow poxnorians,

i was wondering if there are still any zombie players out there? I recently created a new zombie bg and i was wondering if people have some tips or want to share their bg. Also this thread is open for discussions. Feel free to share your opinion!

happy poxing!
    0wn3ddude

P.S.
    i want to share my bg but i'm a forum newb and i don't know how to share an image of my bg

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Just make a jpg of it, or fill the thing out in Poxbase if you can. Print Screen your rune manager, paste the imagine into mspaint, crop out the BG section, and then paste that directly into the text box for the forums.

3. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

I am by no means a master of Zombies, but this is what I currently am running. The style is very simple: Wait till you have a bunch of zombies out, kill something to swarm it. Repeat as necessary.
    FW BRAINS bg.png

4. SireofSuns

Another way to get the image is to use something like: "ScreenGrab!"
    It's fairly easy to use, though I use it on FireFox, and I'm not sure it exists for other browsers.

5. 0wn3ddude

0wn3ddude New Member

ah thanks guys! i figured it out, here's my current zombie bg zombie bg.jpg

6. SireofSuns

Looks pretty good, how have you been doing with it?

First, stuff I'd remove:
    I'd take out Mairdreth and one Corrupted Ancient. Mairdreth just isn't really worth it normally, and 2x Corrupted Guardian isn't good for the cost.
    Unless of course, you're trying to build a non-cheap-meat Zombie bg (which is generally the norm).
    I'd also remove Pestilence, at least one Bag of Filth, and I might remove the Cursed Blade. The reason being that Zombies aren't really conducive to equipment. Pestilence is just meh overall and doesn't have much synergy with Zombies, Bag of Filth is better suited to a Disease focused bg (and requires moving around, and Zombies tend to be slow). Cursed Blade is really only good if you are encountering a lot of high damage/defense super champions.
    Lastly, 2x Infected Zombie is a bit much, especially since you can also get at least one (usually one because the enemy will target it) from Corpse Pile. He's also high cost.

Now to add [7]:
    At least 1x Wandering Zombie, he brings so much meat onto the table for his cost, he's a great road-block.
    I'd put in 1x Zombie Headchucker, he's one of the few ZA champs with range which makes him VERY good to have.
    Definitely get a Soulreave in there, it'll help with getting past defensive stuff.
    Probably add 1x Fleshweaver Witch, she brings a lot of nice utility to Zombies.
    I'd add either 1x Hungry Dead or 1x Grim Well. Both of these help slow down the opponent so that you have time to build up or get somewhere. I prefer Grim Well, but I know that Hungry Dead has been seeing more play lately in higher tiers.
    And then I'd add 2 of the following in any combination:
    Fleshblight Zombie: he also brings a lot of meat with very low cost (58 nora at lowest for 66 HP!).
    Zombie Behemoth: Also a LOT of meat for his cost, a very decent tank with some decent damage (56 nora for 73 HP at highest cost!). Replace with an additional Coragh if you can though.
    Risen Moga: These guys are our little balls of ranged death. They come in handy.​

That's it, but again, it comes down to what you're trying to make. Most Zombie players are looking for the best nora to HP ratios, and want to overwhelm the enemy with that.

As to some of the stuff I have that I didn't suggest for you, but feel free to consider:
    Bladed Corpse: I like him as an early deploy. He has 6 speed and can dish out some nice damage, so I use to him to contest fonts early on. Later in the game, I can redeploy him (because he dies, but that's okay!) for Shatter (our only Zombie with it).
    Lost Queen: She's actually quite handy. She can Cocoon your own champs (or herself) to protect them and give them a small boost in stats (+1 speed is amazing!). I always give her Entangle on U1, for some nice ranged harass and to slow the enemy. In U2, you can also give her Regal Presence for a damage and HP boost to nearby friendly Zombies!
    Necrotaur: He's flying and decently hard to take down. I like him around for maps that are hard to get around. I run him with HA 3 and Hunter: Diseased.
    Risen Yeti: He has Frightful Aura, which makes him and nearby friendly Zombies tankier! He can be quite tanky, and can deal some nice damage if annoyed. He's not a Zombie, but that doesn't mean he can't help them out! He also has Unspeakable, which is good for toning down the enemy for a bit when you need it.
    Reflesh: It's 30 nora for a 10 HP heal on friendly Undead in AOE 3. It's come in handy quite a few times, and in FW is hard to turn down (only 2 HP worse than Petrichor, and we're supposed to suck at healing!).
    Soulbane: If I need to take out an enemy champion pronto, I use this. It also Curses all enemy champions if it kills, which is nice for Zombies!​

7. 0wn3ddude

0wn3ddude New Member

Overall i've been doing pretty decent. I usually deploy mairdreth when i'm winning to thin out the enemy with his aoe attack and anti spell aura( actually a decent support) guardians are great tanky rushers with their starting 8 speed or for contesting fonds. Which brings me to the bag of filths. They run around alot. Thanks for the tips tho, i will definatly refine my bg :)

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

If you only deploy something when you are winning, then it shouldn't be in your deck. So, consider how often you actually field Mairdreth -- if you never feel like she's a good deploy when even or behind, then cut her.

SireofSuns likes this.
  9. 0wn3ddude

0wn3ddude New Member

alright, based on the tips i got i've made some adjustments and a cheap meat bg (bladed corpse for shatter, since i had trouble with finding anti equipment stuff in FW) zombie bg adjust.jpg cheap meat.jpg

10. SireofSuns

Let us know how it goes with those!

11. 0wn3ddude

0wn3ddude New Member

Will do! You guys will hear from asap

12. Ioden

Ioden The King of Potatoes

I have my list down to 19 champions, but have been going in circles trying to fit in a second Dead Fairy, Headchucker and Rotwrapper (for 6 range champions). Not too sure what to take out.

Festering Corpse - 30 A
    Bile Zombie - 39
    Afflicted Corpse - 44 A
    Zombie Behemoth - 54 A
    Fleshblight Zombie - 56 A
    Risen Moga - 58 A
    Bonecrusher - 59
    Wandering Zombie - 60 A
    Lost Queen - 62 A
    Abomination - 62 A
    Bladed Corpse - 63 A
    Zombie Headchucker - 65 A
    Mute Stalker - 66 A
    Infected Zombie - 69
    Zombie Rotwrapper - 73 A
    Dead Fairy - 76
    Mairdreth of the Rot - 82 A
    Moragen the Lost - 85 A
    Coragh - 90 A

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Cut it.

Run 2.

14. SireofSuns

I'm curious what do you think of the bg I posted?

15. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

coragah two heads has shatter if he dies

16. KrissR

KrissR New Member

Struggling to post image -

2x Afflicted Corpse
    1x Bile Zombie
    1x Bog Hopper Zombie (for that cheap first turn or I need Zombie number 5)
    1x Coragh
    2x Dead Fairy (1 with Decay 1 without)
    1x Death Harvester
    2x Flesh weaver Witch
    1x Mute Stalker
    2x Risen Moga
    2x Wandering Zombie (Great Zombie)
    1x Zombie Behemoth
    1x Zombie Rotwrapper

2x Decay
    1x Essence Drain
    1x Festering Wounds
    1x Soulreave (haven't used in a while might swap out)
    1x Steal Life

1x Corpse Pile
    2x Corpse-a-pult
    1x Elsarin Vex
    1x Unholy tomb

1x Cloak of Skulls
    1x Festering Helm

I often play Zombies and this works well for me.

17. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

bone crusher is really good, that stun ability ignores defense.