Zombie racial

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by gillo, Mar 2, 2014.

1. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

What do people think about adding braineater into the zombie racial? Maybe give the abilities in steps like the yeti one. So for 3 you get latch on, for 5 you get swarm and for 7 you get braineater. It won't affect play too much, since most zombies are easy to kill (could be tricky with the reconstitute one, but we're talking 7 champs, not counting fleshweaver). Zombies are not competetive anymore and they need some love, especially if Coragh is made unique.

2. gillo

I have no idea about coding, but they have similar racials, so I guess it won't be too much of a big deal.

3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

It doesn't look like it would be a issue, but "zombies are not competitive anymore"???

4. gillo

I'd like to see you make a zombie deck and do well with it. I've tried, and did not.

5. GabrielQ

You can't expect to do well with every theme.

6. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

The racial looks fine to me as it only adds attach/swarm.
    You could argue to remove attach from the racial and add it along with the flavorful brain eater more liberally through zombie champs.

IE festering corpse gaining attach.
    Ghoul, behemoth, corpse golem gaining braineater... etc...

7. gillo

Funny how I can do well with everything, except zombies. I guess they're just not made for me.

8. GabrielQ

Well, that's a possibility, Tinydragon used zombies a short while ago if that is proof of something

9. yobanchi

What are the issues you are having with them and the racial specifically?
    If its just that the theme is underpowered in your opinion then powering up the racial may be more of a shotgun approach.

It may be more constructive to suggest a couple champs in the theme to be revisited to help the shortfalls your encountering.

10. GabrielQ

Something I see with zombie battlegroups is that they are always more powerful if you include serkan on them, and that's bad.

11. yobanchi

That may be due to zombies not having good range options.
    They basically have the fairy, high warlock, and Moragen sorta.

Perhaps updating the fairy is in order.

On the Serkan note, he plays well with any death benefit or meat generation strategy which zombies are at at the moment.

12. GabrielQ

Also, repurposing into serkan is a powerful and easy to achieve combo.

13. GabrielQ

14. gillo

I just thought braineater would be very flavorful and the reasoning behind giving it to them, is that zombies aren't at their greatest atm :)

15. gillo

16. GabrielQ

I would say that your lack of range was something that affected the bg greatly. And the overall font capping capabilites of your champions seem subpar, you have some compound first turn draws that can help to alleviate that but I'm not sure it would be enough.

17. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

The Zombie racial is fine imo.
    A few of the ranged options could use a little support, but overall Zombies is not a bad theme.

18. Nexx

Nexx I need me some PIE!

Zombies are still viable. They're not even close to their expiration of viability. If you can play the theme well, I doubt you can be stopped unless you're against a BG that completely ROFL Stomps yours. But, you really can't expect yourself to succeed in every theme, sometimes it's just not your style.

19. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

You know? The theme will have a radical change with the change for a simple reason: High warlocks.

Can not think on any other theme that rely so much in a particular legendary as zombies. Maybe lonx and the chieftain, but do not feel is even close. Rather than addressing the racial, which is fine in opinion of many people, we should focus on requiring a solid change to some existing zombie to fulfil the HW role. Not asking for another champion with cast repurpose, just a zombie with alternate damage and middle - long range and some survivability.

Dead fairy comes to mind, except his damage is magical and very expensive for a fragile champion.

20. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

A Buff or recost to Dead Fairy would go a long way.