Zombies got no damage

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by super71, Feb 25, 2017.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Been tossing around a zombie bg, and consistently run into damage problems. Locust cloud helps and risen moga disease breath helps, but it just doesn't seem like they have the power to get kills really.

What are some current zombie bgs you all run ?

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

actually made mine yesterday. [​IMG]

there's plenty of good damage there. fairly slow though

super71 likes this.
  3. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  4. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

That seems like a 2014 BG, are the new runes bad?

5. super71

Honestly that normally does work for me, just so happens I ran into someone running dragons with x2 reinforce and barbarians with x2 reinforce, otherwise that would have worked perfectly.

Also do you have anything to add to the thread or no ?

6. themacca

theres new zombies?

7. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

I think i confused the new skeletons with zombies.

8. super71

Thanks, how are the corps a pults holding up any good ? Or are they still flinging 10 hp corpses?

If i'm a new player and I read this unit has fling corpse, i'm gonna have no idea if that's useful or not. Description could use an update.

9. themacca

15 hp if banner is out. so they fixed it adjusting to always be 10

10. super71

Worth it for a 55 nora relic though ?

11. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Zombies win by HP on board. Corpse fling is for damage, cc, and zombie apocalypse. It's a great include IMO. There's alot of competition, but I don't think it's useless

12. themacca

I reckon so. There's so many things you have to deal with against zombies. Dealing 8 damage a turn aND putting out yet another body every turn is absolutely worth it.

super71 likes this.
  13. super71

Cool man thanks, is that your latest zombie bg above ? I tried running a zombie bg built around corpse pile, bag of filth and crypt guardian it didn't really pan out to well. I'd like to see zombies with more relic abilities as it seems fitting with their slow play style and low base damage.

I'll try a game or two with your above bg with a few tweaks and i'll get back to you.

14. super71

@themacca After playing a couple games I won 1 and lost 3 in a row, 2 of the games I just messed up and the third one had an odd bug. I find myself not running zombie behemoth, on most maps he just get's in the way and his 5 speed and size makes him annoying to maneuver. I also took out flesh blight because manic with lumbering is just a no go for me, he's got a lot of health but little damage and doesn't sustain very long even with 66 health.

Any alternatives to flesh blight and behemoth ?

15. themacca

im not sure tbh. i dont see why you wouldnt run those 2 both being pretty decent damage wise and about the best in the game as far as nora to HP goes. hard to think of replacements for them

16. DiCEM0nEY

If you need more utility, try bladed corpse. Black pearl works with zombies, as does shatter.

17. super71

Behemoth with his size, and speed and with zombies already slow speed it makes for positioning around him very annoying on most maps as zombies don't have a whole lot of range. Flesh blight is good in theory, but with lumbering and manic you get maybe one attack off before he's sniped and the manic ability is buggy as hell and frequently moves you in odd directions.

Playing yesterday their was a nora globe next to the enemy champ, flesh blight moved at the end of the turn grabbed the globe, didn't hit the champ which would have killed it and then went back to his original position.

18. DiCEM0nEY

Wai

19. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Elsari night will help you position your units against a large amount of rage opposition. Elsari night will also give your zombies crushing charge, allowing them to break though a line or engage champs that are slightly out of range. Use caution if you use this spell against UD.

corpse-a-pult is a must have, it usually acts as a surprise zombie and can get the swarm ball rolling. Bog hopper zombie is great include if you have one.

20. super71

I have elsari night in there. I actually really enjoy corpse a pult and it goes through arrow eater and it's a nice surprise 8 damage for some hp on the board.

Never been able to get a bog hopper zombie sadly, I have almost every limited but that and k'thir giving tree, fan faire always seem to allude me.

Although bog hopper zombie i complete trash now lol, not a single reason to run him other than you can spam him endlessly with fw bonus.

5 damage
    4 speed
    1 range
    1 defense
    22 health

Lumbering, pretty weak limited edition rune.