Why is patience so expensive?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WhatTheHex, Feb 27, 2015.

1. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

Patience this spell right here.

The fact that your or your opponents champs always become un crystallised in your opponents turn makes this spell pretty hard to use.

Now 50 nora seems a lot, was it less previous? If it was, what was the story behind it? Did someone end up using it extremely effective causing the nora cost to go up?

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Because trickbgs

SaintKiwi and SPiEkY like this.
  3. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Thanks to abusers of truce and patience there was an eternal (pacified, dormant) lock on your champs while your opponent could bomb u to death. This was particularly powerful when diplomats worked differently (they used to cause all champs to become pacified if two diplomats were out at the same time)

Patience itself is expensive because it is a virtue...not many people have it. In the world of video games, having patience to await an older game to get fixed isn't a priority because there are 1M other games to play...

4. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Because it is golden.

No wait.

Leadrz likes this.
  5. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Are you sure? It looks blue and black to me

6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I swear it's white and gold.

WHAT IS HAPPENZ?!

7. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Hahah it reached you guys? If Im not mistaken it started here in Brazil, my fiancee and 3 interns already have come ask me what collor is the damn dress.
    Its whie and golden, right? I mean, what the firk.

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I was praying that poxnora would evade this. Al'Mara has forsaken me.

9. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

The actual color of the dress is whiteish-blue/gold (source: reddit thread, too lazy to find it atm), but due to the oversaturation, it plays tricks on your eyes to appear a darker blue and black sometimes.

10. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Damn, so it started.
    My fiancee and the 3 interns (all female, btw) have claimed the dress is blue and black, and the trick is making it look white and golden. What the firk.

11. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

12. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

For science geeks like me.

When something have different shades of color in places where shadows would cause that color, the brain believes all of the figure must be in the shade.
    The brown part at top is actually not the same color as the one at the bottom, just as the top blue part is not the same as the bottom blue part. However the dress is colored in the same shades as shadows would cause.
    Your brain will try to fill in the gap of shades that it believe should be there, therefore either making the dress in darker or brigther colors.

Basically the same as this.
    [​IMG]
    Close one eye and block the view of the middle section with a finger.
    (Also important, look at the whole picture, it won't work as well if you can't see most of it.)

13. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

She's a witch!

Tweek516, Karmavore, KingJad and 3 others like this.
  14. soulmilk

Looking at this again, it's not working as good as the others.
    I found this one slightly better than the one I posted.
    [​IMG]

15. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

art imitating reality

16. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

The dress changes colors. It's really white and blue. I screenshotted the picture when it was white and gold and a few hours later it turned black and blue and I literally Bane Shift myself.

17. soulmilk

Your mind switches focus on if it wanted to focus on Gold and and lighten the blue or Blue to darken the Black.
    I don't know how to do that on command.

Witchcraft Time! Which way is the train moving?
    [​IMG]

18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Depends on what part of the training i'm looking at. If I look at the part closer, the train is going away from me, if I look at the furthest part of the train, it's coming towards me.

19. soulmilk

Are you sure?
    Try looking more at it.
    It can move both ways, no matter where you look at it.

20. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It looks like it's just jerking back and forth, but due to that you can also see it as one direction or the other.