Sever summons should be removed from the game.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mw24, Mar 18, 2015.

1. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I like this idea, level the playing field and then inject some flavour into each summon with faction based abilities.

2. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

There should be more counters to summons at the moment there is just swarm but sever summons is almost auto win versus a summon bg. It is too strong of an ability versus summon and too much of a sandbag for the champion who posses it versus non summon bg.

3. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Besides myx and zombies I don't know any summon that are too strong. construct is a mediocre bg that doesn't even do well in limited, zombies are either really strong or get destroyed by certain factions who counter, myx are probably too strong but are a lot weaker on smaller maps and sever summons is auto win when used against them.

4. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Thats the thing, there should be no such thing as a summon bg.

5. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

what about giving a countdown once swcer summons is activates summons have 3 turns before they get destroyed?

6. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I've never considered f.corpses to actually be strong, they can be an annoying obstacle but with that speed and dmg they aren't exactly a big deal. The Myx on the other hand have great stats and abilities, i think they are easily the strongest summon. Some of the swarmers like Instigator and Polar Ant are much stronger too.

Give all summons short lived?

7. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

@potatonuts yea shortlived 1 cquse i don't want spiders or zombies to live too long they are more problematic that other summoned champs
    if possible give 3-4 turns rather than 6

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

There is no reason there shouldn't be summon bg. Myx summons are extremely strong but can be balanced. Only part of zombies strength comes from their summons, and constructs aren't that strong at all.

9. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

All I can see here is Sokolov making a joke about a discount for something that's free and Burn treating him as if he was talking about balance.
    It's a cruel world indeed.

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Dunno, it could have been interpreted both way. Either way, summons should not be as powerful as they are now I feel.

JellyBerry, Netherzen and iPox like this.
  11. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

If myx drones are to go down in stats, then remove all the pupae mechanic, and make them instant.

The whole deal with myx drones is that you get a big payoff if your enemy does not react in time. After the pupae nerf I don't see much of a problem with them, apart from coordinator being too cheap.

12. Sealer0

Also, there should be no such thing as a meta bg, a buildup bg, a buff bg, a superchamp bg.

In fact, all bgs should be the same.

voodoov and potatonuts like this.
  13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

They just shouldn't get SL bonus on top of 1-2 defense.

Sealer0 likes this.
  14. Sealer0

That's fair.

15. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Every time I see this "sever summons shouldnt exist" sentence I facepalm real hard.
    What.The.Firk.

Vote Kanye 2020 likes this.
  16. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

It seems like I originally stated it wrong. What I meant to say was that there should be no bg's that can win by simply summoning champs and wearing your units down one Drone/Corpse at a time. i.e Myx.

learnedone, Sealer0 and SPiEkY like this.
  17. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

not to be funny but does the concept of making summons MORE playable then they are now need a reply better then "WTF are you thinking?"

heroics, SPiEkY and Pedeguerra like this.
  18. Pedeguerra

Haha good one cal.

19. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

The only thing sever summons needs is a smaller range IMO.

There should exist strong counters to summons, just not absolute counters.

20. Pedeguerra

Thing is, badger, how often do you see a sever catching more than 1 summon?
    I mean, honestly, unless the player screws up really hard, you will be catching 1-2 summons max in that range, while the myx player (for example) is popping drones.
    Also, Sever is CD 4, which is not low.