New online competetive turn-based tactical customizable strategy game!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by newsbuff, Mar 14, 2014.

1. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

You asked for it first, so I guess you get it. Be aware, they're doing a reset tomorrow so buy your packs now but don't get too attached to the contents.

2. Capricis

Capricis Member

Thank you! Take this as a token of my appreciation...

3. tangmcgame

Add me as a friend. My name is tangmcgame, because obviously.

4. Capricis

Capricis Member

Hm~~ Having trouble creating the account. I'm on their forums though and it looks like it could be a problem on their end. Will add you as soon as I get an account working :)

5. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

It looks cool

ninoG likes this.
  6. tangmcgame

7. JaceDragon

8. Capricis

Capricis Member

I can barely contain my outrage! After discussion with the devs, it appears you had the GALL to give me a used key! Everyone look at the meanie! Give me back my token of gratitude, meanie.

9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I thought Duelyst wasn't going to be F2P?

10. Sokolov

But yea, definitely looking forward to checking it out.

Tactics genre tho... is pretty tough. There have been numerous attempts to get it to stick, and really, for all the areas that PoxNora lacks in, it's one of the few tactics games I know that has stuck around and garnered a real fanbase aside from . For example, one of the more successful ones on mobile is Hero Academy (which almost all mobile developers know about and have played), which launched in Dec 2011, it had a decent amount of updates for just a little over a year with the last major update being Feb 2013, since then it's just been 3 new versions which had nothing except things like adding support for new iOS versions and OS related bugs.

I mean, there's also stuff like Wesnoth as well as wargames, but it's the definition of niche.

Banner Saga did a great job making the genre visually appealing and all that jazz, and it was reviewed very well, but currently, more people play Pox than Banner Saga.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  11. JaceDragon

Wesnoth.

I can't say how much i liked this game.

Maybe the only game i played when i had my pc with linux

12. tangmcgame

Haha! Did I give you the wrong one? I'll send you the other. Sorry about that! I must have gotten them mixed up.

13. Capricis

Capricis Member

NP! Got one already. Devs handing them out like candy. Thanks for making me aware of the game! I tried to play it and it's amazingly slow, like 1fps and the game does not skip frames!!! So 1 turn in sandbox took like 5 minutes, ha. Ah well. I'll get a better computer soon.

14. tangmcgame

That sucks. Glad to help, though. This game deserves the attention it gets. I'm having a whole lot of fun with it.

15. Sokolov

So, great initial impressions... until I lost.

Because I pulled off what I thought was an amazing move, killing my own minion to get the killing blow on the enemy General. Unfortunately, the counterattack also killed my General, and instead of a Draw or a Win, I simply lost, despite the fact that technically the enemy General died first.

But yea, feels great already and it's only an alpha build :D

Kampel likes this.
  16. Sokolov

I don't understand artifacts. Enemies use their's and it seems to last as much as they need them to, in particular this one gives the General +2 DMG and prevents the first 2 damage. Then he just attacks over and over with it, while taking nothing from counter attacks and killing everything with ease. Meanwhile, I use an artifact, and it goes away after 2 turns even if it never triggered :(

17. Sokolov

Ok, after some testing with Juni, artifacts that seem to lose a charge when your General takes damage.

18. tangmcgame

Artifacts have three durability and lose one durability every time the general takes damage. That particular artifact of the Lyonar's is pretty hard to deal with because it usually absorbs one hit a turn without them taking damage. There are a couple of direct artifact removal spells (in Vetruvian and Songhai, I believe), but most of the time you're going through them the hard way. Anyway, spells or artifacts that you might think are meh are actually pretty good for pinging off artifacts.

19. Sokolov

Was playing mostly Lyonar and Songhai, facing lots of high cost champs that rolled me, soon as I switch to Vet with a bunch of anti-single target stuff, I play Abyssal over and over with 1/1 spam ><

Game is trolling me.

20. tangmcgame

Lol. I've been getting that feeling tonight. Doesn't help that the player base is so small that at peak times you get matched against players with tons of experience (and gold from said experience, therefore better decks). That'll get better as the game expands.