How to improve on our current themes.

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Axeraiser, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Hey guys, current plan of action is to work on improving themes in general. So if you have any suggestions for any of our themes post them below and lets see if we can't get them improved upon.

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Copy of a post from a few weeks back. Reasoning in Blue

Paladins:

Abilities:
    Death Sentence - This champion makes an attack against an opposing champion within 3 spaces, at 50% damage. If the attack is successful, all negative conditions are removed from that champion and it loses 5 HP for each condition removed. Basically just adding a small range to the ability. When Judgement was changed across the board it hit Council Elder enough that he doesn't see play anymore. Hyaenid Executioner may prevent this from happening though.

Inquisition - Cost to 6 from 8 - Inquisition is a decent ability but seems over costed for the effect that it brings.

Champions:
    Ironfist Inquisitor / Isran - Tarth and I have been asking for this for a very long time. The sword in her artwork even has Sword Breaker teeth. >.>
    • Sword Breaker to base. Paladins have no Disarm unless they run the spell (Waste of a slot IMO) or go outside theme and run Terraformers (Without Tremor). Sword Breaker would give us offensive disarm while keeping the current vulnerability against negative equipment.

Angel of Mercy - Bringin it back. Supposedly she is getting Boost on U2 instead of Commander next patch.
    • Improve Range added to U1. U1 currently only has 2 abilities so it wouldn't effect her power any more since other upgrades are more likely to be taken. It brings back the Synergy with Blessing of Al'Mara and other Angels.

Archangel of Al'Mara - This one goes out to you Baskitkase. Pretty straight forward. Reorganizes her upgrades and brings back the old Attack Charged 1 build.
    • Aerial Supremacy to Base.
    • Charged Attack to Base.
    • Abuse Charged removed from Base
    • U1: Blessed (Default), Purified, Charged Heal
    • U2: Attack Charged 1 (Default), Abuse Charge 2, Race Charged

Charger Knight - Brings the cost into line a bit (Would be 4 less) as well as moving him back towards being an Initiator. Alternatively drop his range to 1 instead of 1-2 and keep current stats. Would drop his cost by 5.
    • Damage to 12 from 10
    • Speed to 6 from 7

Brubaker Brothers - Really just moves things around and pushes costs into alignment as well as making them not so helpless when the other is dead or not deployed.
    • Speed to 6 from 5
    • HP to 51 from 56
    • Blessed removed from Base
    • Sibling to base from U1
    • Brubaker Resistance - Cost to 6 from 8
    • Brubaker Bond - Cost to 6 from 10. (Now gives Unstoppable and Charge 3 when within 6 (From 4) spaces from each other)
    • U1 changed to Carouse, Block 1 (From 2) (Default), Blessed
    • U2 changed to Opportunistic Assault (Default), Power Attack 3, Hold the Line

Ironfist Paladin - Hopefully would let him see some play and would give him a support role similar to Dwarven Handler.
    • Speed to 6 from 5
    • Defense to 2 from 3
    • Blessed added to Base
    • Lay Hands moved from Base to U1
    • U2 changed to Aid Defense, Righteous Shield, Regal Presence

Ironfist Warsaint - The original tank healer. Doubt he will see much play but he wound be more viable.
    • U2 changed to Defensive Stance 1-3
    Northern Cross Fanatic - Would give Paladins/Inquisition a cool tank. (Co-op with Anotherblackman )
    • Class to Paladin, Brute from Paladin (Brutes are fist fighters)
    • Damage to 10 from 12
    • Impatient removed from Base
    • Unleash added to Base
    • U2 changed to Evasive 2, Evasive 3, Scrapper

Spells:
    Burning Crusade - May finally see some play.
    • Now gives Mark of Al'Mara instead of Brand

Divinity's Touch - Prob not necessary but was curious about what people would think.
    • Does not cause Awestruck to Priests or Paladins?

Smite Enemy - Ta-Da!
    • Cost 40 - Target champion takes 10 fire damage and becomes Branded for 4 turns. If it is already branded it takes 15 damage instead.

Spell Ward - Now our expensive runes dont have to worry about getting drowned all the time. Note that this would effect opposing runes too.
    • Cost 40 - All champions in play gain Shielded for 8 turns.

3. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

Constructs:

After the Boost nerf, most of them have been left with laughable damage output. There would be nice to have some source of Commander in theme.

Possible champions that could receive Commander (as a shoebox buff):
    Lodestone Construct
    Lodestone Armory

4. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Thoughts in red. Might edit this later with some ideas of my own too.

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Good thoughts all around.

Peoples main issue with Inquisition on Isran is that no one will consider taking it over the other options and it makes Templar a tad too expensive. The ability is great. It is just a hair too expensive.

Angel of Mercy: Assuming Improve Range went on U1 and Boost is on U2 most people would likely run her Divert/Boost or Improve Range/Boost.

Charger Knight: I really like that idea. I miss using Break the Line as it was kinda his signature thing and Thunderous Charge makes sense to take the spot on U2. I doubt it will be taken over Heavy but it is flavorful.

Ironfist Paladin: Good points.

Warsaint: He would get kind of expensive with Blessed, Empathy and Enlightened on base. Maybe drop like 5 HP to offset (60 is like wtf expensive and 55 would drop the cost by 5) and he would be golden.

Spell Ward: AoE3, Drop duration to 6?

6. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

We need one or two range 6 options in dorfs. Sharpshooter, +1 min and max range.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

What if his U2 was changed to Farshot 1, Piercing 1 or we find a way to work Hunters Blind into his kit?

9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Lol. FS 1 is Firking trash, you should know that. Move one Firking space up.

2-4, hunters blind is an idea immentioned during one of his reworks. I'd say range 6 (and aim) would be more versitle but that would work.

PS1, 2 , 3 is annoying but you are forced to take PS1 just to get him at a semi playable price point.

10. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

IS is so good they are boring as is, why change?

11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Translate that to English for me and I'll respond.

12. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

I disagree with the charger knigth change. He's fine at 7spd.

Smite is oke

Spell ward: well should it be a pally spell theme? Then add: If a paladin or a priest is deployed it gain shield for the remaining time. Or something like that.

the other changes are fine.

What about +1 max&min range on dwarven magister too?