My Board Game Collection

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by newsbuff, Mar 10, 2016.

1. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

I read a review of Suburbia, maybe I will pick it up if i remember too.

2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

that's my fault. I see a thing that will react when poked, I poke it.

you look terribly right wingy also forcing people to speak english seems pretty unamerican to me, seeing as depending on where you live it could be that not even your state has english as the official language.

3. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

i think integrating immigrants is important. otherwise you end up with conflict. and who said anything about forcing ppl to do something? I'm a libertarian, I support maximum liberty including free immigration

4. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

SPEAK ENGLISH.... who what force wha?

5. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Your definition of force is someone telling you yo do something? interesting. do you not think people should speak dutch in the lowlands?

6. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

It's great, and if you like it, Suburbia Inc. is generally regarded as a must-have expansion for it. I think it's much better than castles of mad king ludwig, which is a similar game from the same designer (and currently far more popular)

OriginalG1 likes this.
  7. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

has any one ever bought a board game online? Like used. I dunno if I would ever trust that.

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I have bought new online (from individuals), and also completed trades of used games. Haven't had an issue.

Fentum and OriginalG1 like this.
  9. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

no local hobby shop worth supporting? how very capitalistic of you

Geressen likes this.
  10. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

why are you telling people to do something?

can't you respect their FREEDEMS?

11. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

freedom is fine

freedumb is not

12. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

I've done lots of trades on boardgamegeek.com without any issue at all. Also did a sale from reddit's bg forum. plus i ebay and craigslist a lot over the years. people are pretty trustworthy in my experience

OriginalG1 likes this.
  13. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

well, because some things ought to be done and others oughtn't. that's just a fact of life mate. and you didn't answer my question about your beloved netherlands

14. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

they speak dutch, french, flemish, frisian, and german in the lowlands ( as the low countries also known as the Benelux are comprised of Belgium, netherland, and Luxembourg) however in the Netherlands official documents are written in Dutch and sometimes Frisian as those are the official languages . however people can speak whatever language they want.

15. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

netherlands doesn't count, they are too mixed up.

in america we speak english

16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

and spanish, french, german, Dutch and navajo and inupiaq and many other diffirent native american languages I can't remember.

you gonna go to alaska find all the inupiaq people and tell them to ****?

or maybe in inupiaq territory you better play never alone without subtitles?
    [​IMG]

Dutch people don't even speak Dutch if you want them to:
    http://www.expatica.com/nl/insider-views/How-to-get-the-Dutch-to-speak-Dutch-with-you_104164.html

http://www.likeasponge.nl/you-speak-dutch-they-reply-in-english-what-can-you-do/

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-th...-back-in-English-although-you-can-speak-Dutch
    http://www.athomeabroad.nl/the-dutch-culture-blog/speak-dutch-with-me

anyways anyone know a board game that has excessive plotting and backstabbing pottential?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  17. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Never Alone is a great atmospheric game. Not sure who recommended it to me.

Geressen likes this.
  18. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Battlestar Galactica is generally regarded as the best 'hidden traitor' game. It's one of my favs as well.

Geressen likes this.
  19. Sokolov

Battlestar Galatica really captures the "feel" of the universe well. You do feel like you are always one step away from being blown to bits.

20. Sokolov

newsbuff likes this.