Suggestion: Add a visible terrain effect to all faction fonts and avatars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Osidan, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Osidan

Osidan I need me some PIE!

As indicated in the title, I think it would be neat if every faction font and avatar had a visible terrain effect to show the radius.

For UD, I suggest ash tiles, for SP mud and for FS full water.

Thoughts?

poinl likes this.
  2. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

it would kill the aesthetics of forglar swamp's shrine.

3. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I allways wanted this. Although mud for SP is a mistake since it's half water. You don't want your runes Drowned in your Font, right?

I would go with Dirt for SP, Sand for SL and Ash for UD as you said.

4. Osidan

Yeah, drowning wouldn't be nice, so dirt it is. SL already has sand.

What about FS?

5. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Lol, does it? Long time I don't sit and play. I feel so dumb.

For FS is water for sure. Dunno why it wasn' t implemented already.

6. Osidan

No worries :)

7. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

I really dislike that there is a difference between dirt and sand. Dose not make a lot of sense. (Dirt vs sand not being the same compared to grass, vegetation, and jungle all being the same.)

I think it was reached a while ago that SP should have chasms presence.(lol) Ooze could do it, or rock could SP's deployment presences (rock/stone shared with IS though :/). Maybe an unstable ground that only affects enemy's for 1 or 2 damage similar to UD's searing deployment zone.

Ash seems better then lava for UD but the benefits would be great for ud. Just give the existing searing aura a visual presence similar to fire wall?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
    Morfeas likes this.
  8. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

I support this thread.

Osidan likes this.
  9. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

I heavily support this thread and not because I'm fat.

Osidan likes this.
  10. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

I'm against adding terrain effects to fonts for purely aesthetic reasons. All of the existing font bonuses have synergy within their factions(SL sand, ST snow), even the IS and KF stone and grass terrain has things that synergize with them (domain/hidden abilities).

Ash spaces for UD would either be completely useless, or too strong if they granted evasive like the breath of ash spell does.

11. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

A lot of them spoil the aesthetics of the maps for me.

IS in particular is a really ugly hard edged flat grey against the beautiful detail of the maps. FS isn't much better.

Even without changing other fonts it would be nice if the terrain tiles could get a little of the artists attention to make them look nicer in relation to the maps.