I'm such a fan of letting clearly BS tier bgs exist for months

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Sep 3, 2016.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Who doesn't want to see decks that are absolute absurd and can be piloted by a monkey on a keyboard reading twitch chat become flavor of the month for ages

I don't know why I'm not playing voil or z0mbies right now. Apparently balance isn't a priority anyway.

Yes I just lost to a subpar player that made no intelligent move the entire game but shoving Firking over efficient HP and damage champs in my face all game.

And its pissing me off

TeaScholar, Pattn199 and profhulk like this.
  2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I think it's funny how many nerfs a theme can get and it still be considered OP. Are the nerfs just ineffective or is the BG that OP?

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Don't worry, right after the next patch, something else will be considered immediately "OP that has been allowed to exist for months" and we can complain about that deck instead.

Also, what happened to Trample and Moga being OP?

Seriously tho, when I nerf fast/immediately, people say I need to give it more time, or that I shoebox everything and change things too rapidly. When I keep it to a specific schedule (expansion, mid-term, expansion, etc.), people say it's too slow.
    :D

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
    Woffleet, Anima26, Qucas and 2 others like this.
  4. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Moga are still op, sp as a whole is over efficient.

5. Pattn199

Pattn199 I need me some PIE!

Etherielin likes this.
  6. Sokolov

It's true, both Voil and Zombies did get nerfed already recently, but some new changes/runes have helped them also. Still, the biggest complaints about them have really come in the last month or so since the new expansion. And they are already being slated for nerfs for the next patch coming with mid-terms. Don't really know how much faster we can go without just randomly patching every week or something, which is unrealistic.

7. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

nope you're just bad

Etherielin likes this.
  8. Sokolov

For reference, here's a short list of stuff that people were complaing about or that got nerfed/fixed with the expansion:
    • KF being bad
    • Wings of Steel
    • Hunter: X
    • More Summons consistency nerfs
    • Furbull Litter
    • Vitality: Creation
    • Arroyo Rift
    • Arroyo in general
    • Witches (Coven Nerf)
    While Zombies/Voil may have been good then, there weren't near as many nerf calls (super did complain about Sonic Flight costing, but that thread didn't really get much traction) or people playing them at that time.

Post expansion it was all about Spirits, Trample/Hunter and Avarice. Avarice got addressed and Trample/Hunter fell off the map (for one reason or another). Surge being removed from range is, in large part, due to Spirits (and Voil).

Of course, one thing that happens with a small community like Pox, that whatever the top dogs are playing is basically instantly OP and stuff people aren't playing might still be good but just aren't on the radar. Which is why it was Moga that was OP for awhile and not Voil/Zombies when certain people were playing Moga. Now that they have moved onto Zombies and Voil, we are seeing the complaints shift over to those.

But in general, it was pretty quite on the nerf front prior to the expansion. But it seems like more people are playing again so now there's more games, more feedback, and more data - which is a good thing, but let's not exaggerate the state of things or suggest that no one cares about balance.

Woffleet, Qucas, defypain and 3 others like this.
  9. Sokolov

Incidentally, while I am personally aware that Zombies are good right now and have plans to adjust some parts of them, very little has actually been said about them. So if anyone has specific feedback on them, do share :)

10. Sokolov

That was the plan, it actually seemed like people were pretty happy with balance in general but since the expansion launched there's been a ton of complaints.

So next patch is a few dozen balance fixes at this point.

Voil
    Zombies
    Spirits
    Moga
    Surge
    Bulwark
    Skywings

(Basically, whatever people are playing need nerfed right now. I didn't want to do so many nerfs, but at least some players seem extremely unhappy with the state of the game.)

Also, balance adjustments tend not to need code, but bugs/streamlining need engineering time which is largely sucked up by PS4 development.

11. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Looks like a good list to me

Qucas, JellyBerry and Sokolov like this.
  12. Sokolov

I like sushi.

Qucas, JellyBerry, darklord48 and 3 others like this.
  13. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Love fried sushi with avocado and shrimp...hmmmm...

[​IMG]

Qucas, JellyBerry and darklord48 like this.
  14. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

Buff Salaman?

:)

15. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

@Sokolov Do the surge removals include removal of Surge from champions like Dryad or Elven Prodigy? In the case of these two - Dryad in particular as she'll get hit by healing nerfs too - do you have any sort of changes planned to make them regain some of the power they're undoubtedly going to lose?

It's a concern we had over in KF forums. @Gorebucket will cry some manly tears of sorrow if she simply gets shoeboxed.

Qucas likes this.
  16. Pattn199

Pattn199 I need me some PIE!

You mean KF being retardedly annoying?

Qucas likes this.
  17. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I stopped playing, because of this and the careless design decision of throwing punishing aura on a bazillion runes. Jabs are out of control, Aspect of Violence is loltastic so enjoy peeps I am content to spy on forums for now.

18. MikeLin

MikeLin I need me some PIE!

I think people still don't understand how much map has in play with bg power.

potatonuts likes this.
  19. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I think this is more of a prevention nerf. Might not be necessary but it's most likely easier to give them buffs afterwards than to nerf them if they would become a problem without a nerf.

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

^