seeing opponents nora, new ui

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bambino, Sep 28, 2016.

1. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

at first I was like what? but after thinking it over ,, I think its a good move,, heres why, kinda,
    in the same way a damage calculator would be beneficial to the game,, the only difference between a calculator and the way it is now, is a pen and paper. doing math during your turn uses time and takes away from planning and play, but the information is not hidden after all, so mousing over and seeing results would speed up gameplay , help players, and have a sleeker look to the game :)
    And your opponents nora is no different, we all know how much we start with, gained by shrine, relic, bonuses,, runes are shown to show whats spent,, etc and again , pen and paper,, its not a secret.
    so cutting out labor and giving players as much info during game play is always the way to go.(of course aside from trickery and stuff)
    I think it will move the game in a brighter direction. I didnt like the idea,, but it is a good idea.
    good call sok.

Anima26 likes this.
  2. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Just run Black Ops?

Lushiris and SPiEkY like this.
  3. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Well, hidden spells are a particular problem for this approach. You could show the assumed amount of Nora that would update once the hidden stuff is finally revealed. But overall it's unnecessary.

4. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

No, a million times no.

5. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Yes, a million and one times yes.

Goyo, newsbuff, Qucas and 1 other person like this.
  6. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

New strat, save up 100+ nora. scare the opponent with the thread of spell spam if they even so much as try and engage you

7. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Once you get above 100 nora it should start bleeding and eerie organ music should start playing.

poinl, Pattn199, Qucas and 2 others like this.
  8. bambino

nothin a lil blockade cant handle.

i dont normally put nora affecting runes in my bg,, cuz mostly im guessing and dont wanna burn nora on a bad guess, ,, but in this way , I might take more advantage of them.

i think it was said before that hidden spells wouldnt show mana usage until after the effect. well see , I guess,,

9. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

This, 100%.... a pen and paper isn't going to tell me he cast whispers of the mind or a spell block.

10. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Ima just start Runnin Refute again.

11. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

So the nora would be subtracted from the opponents display only when the spell triggers... I like it.

Goyo and Anima26 like this.
  12. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

bambino and yobanchi like this.
  13. bambino

a pen and paper will not tell you if your opponent cast whispers,, nor will not having a pen and paper tell you if your opponent cast whispers.
    if sok hides sub nora from hidden spell use,(which I hope), then even a calculator wont tell u your opponent cast whispers. ,
    nothing will have changed.

getting my ass handed to me in pox is not a problem, ,, not knowing why I got my ass handed to me is frustrating. .
    dam/nora calculator, , a clear combat log of whats goin on and why,, I think these things are so important,, keep new players playing and wanting to get better, instead of leaving frustrated and confused.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  14. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Ugh, no.

Tweek516, JellyBerry and SPiEkY like this.
  15. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Run Spellswallower/tempo, spell seals, there are many ways of finding out if your enemy runs spells. But since everyone's too busy making their BGs ridiculously efficient for easy wins, gotta blame what you lose to.

aseryen, SPiEkY and Pedeguerra like this.
  16. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

If you could see your opponents nora, SP would have to reworked.

17. bambino

@OriginalG1 ...you cant see your opponents nora as it is,, but u can calculate it if u pay attention,, so again its not a secret,, its just doing it for you. (aside from hidden effects and stuff)

this is not my idea,,, sok says this is the way the game will be, come new UI. so I guess im just interested everyones thoughts.

as far as using spell seal etc...yea all that stuff will still be viable,,
    this is not an "I just lost to " thread...truth is I haven't played in weeks, RL in the way, and I always blame myself after a loss.. just nice to know ,why my rune took 6 dam before my turn even started,, or why didnt my opponents champ take any dam. (referring to combat log),, all happens so fast.
    you guys are seeing the game through eyes with almost a decade of experience. .

phd,, not a bad idea,,,

18. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Believe it or not, this would be a direct nerf to one of my decks. It relies on shadowspawn and equalize to make it difficult to ascertain how much nora I'm banking so I can surprise powerturn.

poinl likes this.
  19. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Then they nora drain u...

20. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

No...when they deploy a champ it would just show the total after it was deployed...not following.