Yeti bg

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Wolvon, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Wolvon

Wolvon The King of Potatoes

Can someone post a good yeti bg ? One I can use for rank

2. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

I was actually looking for the same thing lol!

3. TheBulwark

I dont have the runes atm, but I would guess prolly like painters and keeper of memories are auto as yetis dont have a ton of good ranged and then curates are their only source of heals. Most of there melee are solid but efficiency-wise risen yeti and mutant yet are the most bang for your buck with the apostate being close behind. I would say that the scout should be a one of for his utility. Also Cubs seem like a solid cheap enabler if you are not runing cheap efficient champs to begin with. Finally I have always liked wailing yeti and as yetis seem to be in short supply of good alt damage I would do that as a two ofI have to say I am always of the cheap/efficent mindset, so someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I would go with:

2x Keeper of Memories
    2x Yeti Painter
    2x Risen Yeti
    2x Mutant Yeti
    2x Yeti Apostate
    2x Wailing Yeti
    2x Yeti Icelard (again alt damage and strong and tanky)
    1x Yeti Curate
    1x Yeti Shaman
    1x Yeti Scout
    1x Crystal Phoenix (Cuz why not?)

4. TheBulwark

here is what i have atm
    upload_2018-3-30_0-7-45.png

5. TheBulwark

Update here. The mutant yetis are a good cheap unit, but you have enough other tanks that do more for you that they are unnecessary (not to mention you don't want too much phys damage). In place I am adding another shaman and curate. I am running curate with heal 2 to get to the heal mass faster and keeping them at 60 nora. Icelord is amazing as having unleash on a tanky unit with charge and calcify is awesome. He and Risen yeti are great melee units in general with their melee abilities but are especially great since they impact the board immediately with unspeakable, letting units get scented for longer and adding immediate damage mitigation (Not to mention its a global ability). Apostates are amazing as well since they also can get to the battle quickly and do boatloads of damage. Rounding out the melee units is the wailing yeti. He is great since he has some range and alt damage. I view him mainly as a font contester due to frightful blows and deafening aura. Keeper of memories and painter are amazing in general and the only real decent ranged units yetis have. Shaman is the final unit I am running (now trying as a two of) since he fills an interesting niche support role. Imbue stun has proven helpful and healing here and there and swap can be great. Overall in the few games I have been testing, I really like the yetis. You can play them in many ways and can probably have a wide variety of champions and have a successful BG. They deal a ton of damage and don't have to worry about bgs with a heavy stealth champ base. And since even the undead can feel fear now, their racial is never a drawback. As you can tell, I have opted for a more fear based bg, but you can do whatever you would like and probably have success. Notes: I need to play more to get used to the synergies better and figure out exactly what spells go best. If you have any suggestions let me know
    upload_2018-3-31_9-46-19.png

6. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

How can you guys forget by far the best Yeti. Yeti Ancient. Escalating Rage and MA 1 all for 70 nora. Its basically Riftwalker on crack price wise.

7. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

heh...I've been asking other yeti players the same thing for years now, ancient is amazing but nobody ever uses him but me

8. DissolvingBonds

DissolvingBonds The King of Potatoes

i'm a returning player havent played since 2016 when the yeti BG's got nerfed hard. glad to see they are making a come back and are viable again :)