Which fonts are mine?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oxyous, Dec 25, 2022.

?

Which fonts are yours?

1. left side ones

25.0%
  2. top side ones

75.0%
  1. Oxyous

Oxyous The King of Potatoes

I say these ones, right? Or do I go for the 2 fonts on the left side instead of going for the top ones?

what do you all think?

upload_2022-12-25_20-49-35.png

2. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

All of them.

Serious answer: you go for the fonts you can either claim first or contest safely. That way you don't overextend yourself.

On a sidenote I highly recommend joining our Discord where we can actively help you out: https://discord.gg/hk5nFyD

3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

you need to count the spaces between the fonts and your shrine and your enemy shrine in order to draw conclusions of where you should deploy first and which fonts you need to go for.
    you can see an example of these tactical analysis here: https://forums.poxnora.com/index.ph...nd-kb-manic-pounce-and-relocate-charts.35751/
    I only did it for maps in the ranked rotation though.

4. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

i miss these maps

5. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

If you mean the one posted by OP, I agree it has a certain nostalgic cuteness to it, but if you just look at the amount of spots you can't park non-Amphibious champions against FS (Drown, Undertow), well it sucks that way. A bit similar to the Fire Lakes map for Fire Eater bgs. Unless the meta starts being flooded (get it? flooded) with terraforming builds, I don't see that map returning to PvP.

To the OP, I would refer to GabrielQ's link for the very basics but ultimately, Etherielin is closer to the answer you will use in practice. Some maps let you claim fonts 2 different ways and you pick depending on the speed of your deploys, whether you want to be aggressive or defensive, when you reckon your power spike is etc.

UD Rush wants to claim things that let them fight the opponent early before too many counters are deployed. Tortuns, or the recent FS Premonition Snaptooth Lockdown builds you've been seeing in ranked or FF Vengeful Serkan builds probably want to deploy such that it takes as long as possible for the opponent to do anything, so they have time to swarm skeletons and wait on their cooldowns, deploy pieces of their lockdown (for Premonition BGs) etc.
    And of course, Consume Resources BGs don't give a firk (yes I know no one runs these).

Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
  6. elvenbl4de

elvenbl4de The King of Potatoes

if lava plains is in rotation so should FS map

7. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

The quoted post fails to establish the equivalency of FS map and Lava Plains firmly enough for the proposed change, since both of them offer significant advantages to one specific BG, but on a very different level both quantitatively and qualitatively. In other words, you can't relocate opponents or instakill them just because you drew the lava map, though it does indeed help with damage and healing in fire eater BGs.

Similarly, the quoted post fails to establish why the logic flows in that direction, rather than in reverse. In simpler terms, why isn't this "if FS map is out of rotation, so should Lava Plains"?