Why are trees still not dealt with? It just doesnt make sense.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Baskitkase, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I really need help understanding. Maybe there is something I'm missing.

Steps:
    1. You have a gross imbalance in existence.
    2. You fix the imbalance.
    3. Happiness ensues.

So, here are some options:
    • Devotee of De'Lol - Remove summons from activating this or remove summons from activating the +MAXHP portion.
    • Sacrifice of De'Lol - CD 2.
    • Grappler -10 or -15 HP.
    • Flame Skitter Form: 2-4, Marshal range can be 1-2.
    • Gift of Fertility really a good idea in a deck that is centered around summons?
    • Does greenhouse still stack? If it does, well, herp derp.
    • Also, all forms of double boost should be eliminated.
    I'm sure some others can offer some more pointed recommendations.

What really baffles me is why you cannot see, understand and deal with this in a timely fashion. It's really not that complicated.

Goodkeenan, Anrioch, Nemorga and 7 others like this.
  2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Don't forget AA.

Problem is still the same:

• Don't have magic damage? You lose
    • You have some magic damage? Get outhealed noob
    • Have a lot of magic damage? Cool it's still a superefficient champ with godlike stats

Honestly. It's mindblowing that we're going to have to wait another week or two for another patch, in which hopefully this time all this dumb stuff will be adressed.

P.S. Oh wait 5 changes per faction per patch? Yup KF still riding free wins for the next month.

3. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Willowing removing all vuln:fire while boosting everything

Dryad getting 17-18 dmg after first 2 deploys and a summon

Lifegiver 50 nora, 4-7 range with root. Check hp.

Patriarch 60 nora, evasive everywhere, over 60 hp and plenty of def.

Gnarlwood mid 60 nora, 6-11 (potentially 12) range, huge hp and stonebomb to knockback.

Heal and cleanse on every 3rd champion.

Balanced.

4. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

At least everybody's having fun.

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It's not even the trees with their insane stats and summons. It's all the devotee of d'lim crap behind it getting to insane damage and hp levels.

Fan fact: you can still switch forms on tree caller, switch back the the cooldown on your summon tree is reset.

Just when you thought summons were in check

6. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

They want to fix them in "steps"

7. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

To be fair, skitter form is an awful excuse for not costing properly the woodmarshal giving him a proper range. I don't think anybody likes that.

Gorebucket, Xirone and Morfeas like this.
  8. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

The AA thing, ruined him for me. I always ran the unit. Was runnable/the best of the titans and even post revamp and nigh 120 nora cost, he was the first thing winning me games, it's crazy how efficient he still is. I think the new nerf was wrong and I find it really problematic for us to continue this Y champion is OP due to X ability, let's nerf X, and basically A-T units take collateral damage when some of them were arguably UP.

Incorporeal does have a problem though, slap a protection on AA and it pretty much is Immunity - All. Incorp needs more counters for how strong it is (especially since the few we have, like solidify, have cases where they infamously do nothing).
    They should make incorporeal be affected by psychic damage to start with.

Xirone likes this.
  9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

@Legato

Its not incorporal, it's ghost. Incorporal would mean you could do a fair bit of non magic damage to it every other round. Now you can hit the champ once with any sort of damage, even trample or an aura and boom, he's a ghost. It's a such an incredible 'counter or lose' rune it's rediculous. Some magic damage doesn't even work since you just heal it up because why not.

Mindblowing what KF is getting away with currently.

10. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

You're talking about Ethereal, I'm talking about the condition.

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

derp herp

12. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Ancestral Avenger is stupid. Devotee never needed the new clause for HP generation.

That said, Burn, I'm pretty sure that ST beasts are much worse. And I don't even own Tusks.

Fix KF and ST, they've both been pretty insane in various forms since the revamp.

13. Sealer0

Super efficient units all around the theme shouldn't be ignored. Patriarch should be like 80 nora, and would still be perfectly runnable.

14. TheNidhogg

Lol, no it wouldn't. Focus on the balance issue rather than making outlandish claims.

Now Oakthumper on the other hand..

15. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

St is not worse than kf

16. Sealer0

Wait, are we still talking about the tree with 1 to 1 hp to nora ratio, abillity to gain more than that, easily get 5-6 defence and give everything around him evasive 2?

Okay, balance issues: The defences and utillity of treefolks are too big for the nora spent on them. Their weaknesses are too easily mitigated from within the theme (mitigating damage amp/vuln:fire from tanglefoot. Immobillity from take root countered by huge defence and lots of cleanse/heals and kf speed bonus) there are too many summonings within the theme. Units are undercosted for what they do, and how tanky they are/easily become.

17. TheNidhogg

The 8 damage, 2x2 lethargic one? Yeah. I might pay 70 nora for him, but never 80.

Goodkeenan likes this.
  18. Ballballer

Nid.....are you defending trees atm? Because i have this wonderful little pitchfork that im itching to use

SaintKiwi likes this.
  19. TheNidhogg

Maybe try and read what I type

20. Ballballer

*ballballer sharpens said pitchfork*