What made you decide to keep playing Pox?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sepulcher, Sep 11, 2014.

1. GIFTbr

GIFTbr Member

I start because the game it self have:
    - Tactics in game play.
    - Turn and AP based action.
    - (until SOE ruin it) creaton of BGs and Runes (200 cp to lvl up stats and abilities).

I stoped because:
    - SOE take over and after some months they shiet on what i liked.

I back because:
    - News about DoG. taking over the game again.

I stoped again because:
    - SOE messed up too much, need a BIG fix to make it fun again.

I back again because:
    - BIG revamp that are making the game with the soul that make me start playing.

2. KelRama

KelRama The King of Potatoes

the hot chicks.

Anima26 likes this.
  3. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

I knew immediately I would like the game and immediately started spending hundreds of dollars on it. The first time I saw this game was at an SOE Block Party in San Diego, CA, then the next day at Comic-Con in San Diego. At that time my whole family, myself, wife, daughter and son all played Everquest, Everquest II, Star Wars Galaxies, Vanguard, Pirates online CCG. I have given a LOT of money to SOE in the past but I do not regret any of it. The time we spent together as a family was great bonding time throughout their teenage years and beyond.

We first started playing as a family when my daughter was 13 and now she's 27. We still play online games together even though my kids are 150 miles away and have their own families. I can also say with confidence that Everquest is one reason my kids were able to get hired immediately out of High School. Chatting in the online games allowed them to learn to type 80-100 words per minute and their first jobs were data entry. My daughter still works for that company and she has been promoted several times and now she travels around the U.S. as an account manager visiting the largest insurance companies in the U.S. It all started with Everquest. Before Everquest she did not want anything to do with computers. As for my son, he is a couple years younger than his sister and has written several fantasy and science fiction novels and he's waiting to get published. I also credit our online gaming experiences for expanding his imagination. However, I could not get them to stick with Poxnora and I also wouldn't encourage them either because I did not want them to spend their money on this game. They didn't have extra cash to spend like I did at the beginning. OK, OK, I know I bored you guys.

If I remember right the first expansion I experienced was Heroes of Maljara. I probably bought 10-15 boxes in that expansion. I never thought of this game as a f2p, I have spent a LOT of money on it. I still enjoy playing it. My biggest draw is building and playing a wide variety and range of battlegroups. I play casually and for fun. I also spend more time in the forums than anything else, next I would say would be the Rune Manager, then the Rune Checklist, then the actual game client. Inside the game client, I do as many of the dailies as I can and they take first priority. Next would be single player games, either for farming gold or trying new battlegroups. This is what I really enjoy doing. I then spend a good amount of time watching Ranked games. I don't play Ranked, but I do watch. I have forgotten more than I know, which isn't much. My memory is shot in my old age, not from illegal drugs, but I think from taking a pounding playing football and pain killers in my later years to dull the pain from my football injuries. Again, I don't regret any of it.

4. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Musta been fun to be able to complete nearly a whole group with the fam. I played with military buds, Everquest was the first great game, I've never had the experience since that I had in Everquest.

5. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

I have a great story about what happened when my wife first started playing (she was the last one to succumb to the addiction). We had four computers and desks set up in our living room/dining room, so all four of us were in the same room. My daughter was off playing EQ with a group of friends in the Dreadlands. My son and I were teaching my wife the ropes of being a healer. We three were in a tough fight and some of our opponents broke off from our tank (my son) and started attacking my wife's healer and she was getting quite stressed and freaking out. So, my daughter decided she was going to get up and help her. She quickly typed to her group, "Be right back, my mom is dying!" So she helps her mom, and gets back to her group and sees her group chat, "Oh, no! I hope she's OK!", and "We'll pray for her", and the sort. It was hilarious! She told them, "No, not in real life. In the game!"

Thbigchief and Baskitkase like this.
  6. Queegon

Queegon I need me some PIE!

I'll be in the minority, but I stayed because of trading. Starting with chaff and working my way up to get at least something worthy of even running in a deck. Liked that possibility more than actual playing.

SPiEkY likes this.