Questions about Tortuns

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Psilokibes, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Psilokibes

Psilokibes Devotee of the Blood Owl

Hi all,

I am new player, still farming runes and gold until I can afford to make my first deck.

I have watched many games from other players and i liked the Turtles/pirate theme. Sadly I don´t own any of the runes i think I will need to build a deck for this kind. Anyway I want to ask you if the tortuns are competent in the meta game or their AP extra cost for attacks make them useless.

If any of u play them or have some deck ideas, i will be gratefull if u can post ur decks.

And another question about FS: have they any flying unit? but no Slick and Buzz ( :( too expensive for me now)

2. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

3. Psilokibes

thx, it helps a lot. i will check this and try my own. Only that it will take long to get all the runes :p

4. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

FS Flying champions in alphabetical order:
    -Angel of Nourishment
    -Dreadwing
    -Muck Dragon
    -Pox Harbinger
    -Screaming Leviathan
    -Shock Pomfret
    -Salaman Daredevil(running start)
    *other fs runes which are able to "grant flight"
    -Draksar Psion(grant flight)
    -Quagmirrian(grant flight upgrade)
    -Tome of Arcanis(equip only a wizard) will give the wizard the ability "grant flight"
    *grant flight is temporary and must be renewed every few rounds.

5. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

Tortuns are kinda meh.
    They got overly hardcountered and then nerfed with their racial, which basically enabled them to be good, a while ago though.
    If you want you can push and pull and just try hard to get to the top with them but it is rather unlikely. At higher ranks they are just too inefficient compared to other setups.

6. Psilokibes

thx for the info about flying units. They seems nora expensive or out of my range (angels :rolleyes:) so i think that the Draksar Psion could be my option. The muck dragon will be great if it doesn´t have 5 SPD...

I am just starting in Pox Nora, so the higher ranks seems really far away for me, hehehe. I just wanna have fun and play something interesting with options, but it is true that the fact that they pay 1AP extra for every attack seems very dissapointing...

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  7. Tricky1

Tricky1 I need me some PIE!

Should we return turtons racial into a passive ability once more? they toned down significantly the rate at which the counters are available. Also I always hated how they made it so that it wasn't just an on and off switch like dark raven form or something and made it to a pre -courser to power turning. Sorry about not addressing the actual first post. But I've yet to see tortuns post revamp that don't revolve around privateer.

8. Shell Dorado

Shell Dorado The King of Potatoes

As it stands, Tortuns do have the potential to be relatively viable, but at a high cost, requiring expensive exotics and difficult to obtain runes. Personally, I love playing them regardless of their power-level simply because the idea of Turtle-Pirates is amazing. However, it took me a long time to obtain the cards I needed to succeed. If you're willing to invest the time, FF KF and FS/FW seem to be the way to go presently, but I like to mix it up.

Traditional FS/KF (http://poxbase.com/deck/ChYcukCo7CyOcyDCyAcyGCyUCimcufs4Zs6Os4KS2ts6gs5+r3nr2YrWr2aE2weM)

My favorite to play, FS/FW (http://poxbase.com/deck/ChYCawCo7Cg1cyDcyAcyGcuQCyUCimcufs6Zsgs33s12Sns4fs5ar1IR2Pe3oe2w)

Fun but not competitive FS/SL (http://poxbase.com/deck/cjDcjFcu_ChYCgBcukCo7cyOcyDcyACyUcims33S2-s7usYS1HS5jr2qr2aE1Oe23)

9. Psilokibes

Thank you very much Dorado!!

Your decks are great. But it is like u say: very hard to get the tortuns (lot of exos) and they are not OP precisely =p.
    The idea of FS/SL is something to think about: tortuns and dragons?? Sounds great XD

Shell Dorado likes this.
  10. Shell Dorado

Shell Dorado The King of Potatoes

That is a pretty neat idea. The two ideas I've had were the mutant-themed deck that I have now, and a sand-themed deck that I'm working on presently :3

11. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Drop the Gunbattery, really... they are not good, and you can put other better Tortuns in his place, I suggest the Slamhammer or the Inventor (wich is amazing) but its you who decide ;)