so warogg is he ever gonna be nerfed or will he see the same abuse as aa

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Dec 7, 2014.

1. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Unstoppable doesn't worth with Transfusion.

"Target champion loses all AP and the nearest friendly champion gains that much AP."

I think it's actually coded so if the champ doesn't loose any, then the target doesn't gain any. Will have to test in a min, or so.

EDIT: Just tested, Doesn't work.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  2. HannibalFee

HannibalFee Devotee of the Blood Owl

it's unstoppable

IMAGIRL and sharang2 like this.
  3. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Further information on my thoughts about Unstoppable.

Status Immunities are situational at best. By far not as important as Damage Immunity, but when its working it is great. Unstoppable gives 7(+) Immunities. Stunned, Slowed, Ensnared, Paralyzed, Rooted, Knockback, and AP loss. I costed Stunned, Slowed, Ensnared, Paralyzed, Rooted, and Knockback at 1 Nora each. Where things get tricky is the loss of ap, specifically the lack there of.

Immunity to AP Loss provides extra combos, and immunites with Berserker, Dictate, Punish, Punish Aura, and a number of other things. So I costed it at 2 nora.

(An argument could be made that Knockback also helps against numerous abilities, but that is not the focus, nor are the combos if any that great. Though it can be a life saver against Gale Forces, and its ilk.)

For me they are getting all this for ~1.14 nora each. Putting the cost at 8. Not 3 which would make it a +5 nora nerf should it come to pass.

I believe this nerf not to be essential, but warranted. I also believe this will affect many who do not need the nerf. Those when found can have their cost manually adjusted back 5 nora so as to not hurt them. This will make 8 Nora for the cost of Unstoppable the standard. Touching up champs that need it giving them a +5 nerf. Whilst ensuring that in the future the cost should not be an issue.

I also suggest that champs with Berserker 2/3 should be looked at individually. Abilities like Multi-Attack, Exertion, Blood Rage, and the like that mitigate the limiting factor of Berserker. There might be some that need some tweaking.

4. Puppetchan

Puppetchan Member

Most of those immunities are to effects that are attached to secondary attacks. It doesn't prevent a champion from effecting you so much as it prevents a champion from using its non-basic attack against you. An 8 cost ability to shield you against a select number of secondary attacks is a sandbag in a lot of situations. The situations where it is not a sandbag are mostly limited to synergies within your own deck or the champion itself. Nerf silly combos like berserker/unstoppable instead of sandbagging everyone.

Besides, just from a pragmatic standpoint, do you really expect the devs to properly manually adjust the price of all the unstoppable champs that don't deserve the sandbag? I mean really?

5. sharang2

sharang2 The King of Potatoes

I can't stress this enough: It's not eight different immunities. I keep trying to explain to you why unstoppable isn't eight immunities; it's essentially three, and you're not accepting that - this is why many other people on the forums have taken to ignoring you; your suggestions tend to be very extreme and you are not being flexible about changing your viewpoint. It's not like being immune to acid, fire, sonic, poison, disease and psychic. These are not damage types. They're all variations of the same two status conditions: Stay put, and lose your turn. Until you stop thinking of it as eight immunities, you're going to be stuck on this; and you're going to be pushing for Unstoppable to be INSANELY overpriced. If you added 5 nora to the cost of every unit with unstoppable, it would make every champion with Knockback, Stun, Slow, etc. MUCH better. Right now, Unstoppable exists as a catch-all solution to weaken the power of crowd control; which is currently at an acceptable level. If you suddenly MASSIVELY overcost it, crowd control becomes very, very powerful; and we're suddenly looking at a meta which is MUCH less fun.

I repeat: Crowd control is not fun. Unstoppable is designed to make it so that chain crowd control strategies are less effective. Tripling the cost of unstoppable will make un-fun strategies more effective. This is Firking terrible. If you ever played WoW in Vanilla; the only thing that could kill a rogue or warlock was a warrior due to having three sources of CC immunity, everyone else lost control of their character for fifteen consecutive seconds and then died, and Warriors were not all that fun to play. This was Firking terrible. Unstoppable mitigates unfair, unfun strategies. There is ONE champ who is abusive with it. Adding 5 nora to Warogg is a million, billion times more sane than nerfing some thirty champions who have it base or upgraded. Imagine a meta where Grim Well is in EVERY Firking DECK. IMAGINE TRYING TO CONTEST FONTS.

RedScarlet likes this.
  6. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I understand that. However I also understand that if I am only immune to Paralyze, I can still be Stunned. If I am Immune to Ensnare I can still be Slowed. ect... If this ability only gave 3 Immunites then that would be something. Just because the effects are similar does not mean that its only 3 immunties. It is still technically 7 Immunites. And until such a time where the similar abilities become one, this change imho is necessary.

Also if you want to be REALLY technical Knockback 1 cost 2 nora alone. Your getting the rest for 1 nora. I am being initiate, and reasonable.

Also, language, not necessary.

7. sharang2

Imagirl, I'm really getting frustrated here. You're going to be the first person I'll have ignored on this forum if you can't come up with something new to say. I'm asking you to consider a future where AP denial strategies, which are horrible to play against, are all effectively discounted by 5 nora. Have you ever played against a turn 2 Grim Well in your natural font?
    • Unstoppable is problematic on 1 champion. You're suggesting devs nerf it across the board; then manually adjusting 5 to 7 other champions who have it on base; and you're making it a horrible choice for an upgrade on most of the other champions.
    • Unstoppable reduces the effectiveness of unfun strategies; by allowing a line of counterplay that normally does NOTHING cruel to your opponent, and in the scenario that your opponent is playing a strategy revolving around an unfun strat, allows you to actually play the game to some extent.
    • Unstoppable does not have eight different immunities. It has, essentially, three or four: 1. Immunity to loss of your turn. 2. Immunity to loss of movement. 3. Immunity to loss of AP. 4. Immunity to knockback. These are all thematically similar. If it were phrased as "immunity to loss of control effects, movement impairing effects, slow, and knockback." it wouldn't come off as such. It would, however, be much more difficult to understand.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
    RedScarlet likes this.
  8. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Sharang2, and I had a LONG conversation on the client. I have been convinced that I am a Firking idiot in this matter. I tend to debate until I see a point that completely changes my mind. My skimming abilities seemed to have fun ignoring a few key points Sharang2 told me. I concede. I was entirely wrong. Please ignore my previous posts on this subject matter.

RedScarlet and Burcho like this.
  9. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Isn't sharang2 your alt?

10. sharang2

We are Borg.

11. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

It's gonna sound rough, but this is why everyone else thinks you are obnoxious and daft.

IMAGIRL, RedScarlet and SPiEkY like this.
  12. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Now we need 5 more sharang2 to take care of all the criers who needs some tutoring too.

sharang2 likes this.
  13. sharang2

Wow, that's really flattering, actually.

14. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

its sad that ud have very few efficient champs left when warogg and preistess get nerfed compared to other factions i really like ud but when you realize that uds bonus clutches itself its frustrating

15. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

warogg + sp = why is this unit a beast. Which also leads to my point why are half the units in this game race confused ? Fist of bastion is a beast because he rides a horse sorta silly.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  16. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

What about pit dragon? He is in the only faction where with 20 damage for 65 nora, he is not x2 auto include.