Nerf Vex

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Falko35, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

If I play her early and the opponent can't rush me, It may or may not single handedly win me the game.

If I don't play her early (need to cap 2 fonts, need to contest middle font, need to do ANYTHING apart from sitting and waiting on my butt) she is a dead rune slot.

If I don't draw her early she is a dead rune slot.

If I choose to play her anyway at some point which is not the first 2 turns, I either have already won, or she will lose me the game.

Edit: Don't take 2 words out of context of the whole post, I specifically stated that in many cases she is either dead rune slot or a losing deploy, why you took only one of these and made a post about it is beyond me, but it just looks like you want to argue something over the internet, which pisses me off and makes you look like a *#¤%.

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Rework is probably in order. Even if she is dead as often as she is strong, that kind of play instability is frustrating for BOTH players involved. I don't think she is an offender to balance per se, but the power dynamics involved in the rune lead to some wild swings in its effectiveness, wild swings which some games can - to the experiential detriment of either player - hinge upon.

3. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Bastion is a 100 nora gimmick melee unit. But He is OP while Vex is Not?

what.

4. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Yeah in a perfect world we could basically trash "most" of the current hero concepts as just stat bombs with over-efficient board presence...in favor of deep focused theme enablers.

5. sharang2

sharang2 The King of Potatoes

Bastion probably shouldn't be a paladin; he's just so well supported as a rune that is pretty efficient in a vacuum. Making him not regen from Consecrated ground (a heavily undercosted mechanic compared to Regen) would go a long way, without actually touching any of his stats. I think everyone in this thread is saying that Vex needs a rework, or at least the overwhelming majority, so I don't know who you're directing your question at.

6. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

Don't talk to Iajabmaka like that. Show some respect.

7. sharang2

sharang2 The King of Potatoes

My mistake.
    Great, magnanimous and wise Iajabmaka;
    As your humble serf, I request you consider that your subjects are more or less in agreement with you on the matter of Vex being vexing. Please, forgive me; for I am a lowly worm, but your mighty ally Bastion is pillaging my meager crops and burning my fields. Do you think you could ask him to stay off the consecrated ground? I'm sorry to even ask; and your great and wise vizier, His Eminence the Seneschal 1kiwi1 has advised me against even putting myself forward, but the peasants are starving in their lowly, non-IS huts.
    Your eternal and humble servant;
    Sharang.

Vorian likes this.
  8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

SPiEkY and Netherzen like this.
  9. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

I like the idea of heroes being unique. I believe that Vex is balanced with deploy charged 2 because I have tried her out with that.

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Except when I draw it early on a turtle map and make you cry.

11. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

I believe that X is balanced with Y because I have tried it out with Z. . . and still lost.

Best. Designer. Ever.

12. Osidan

Osidan I need me some PIE!

I would agree with a nerf.

13. OchiK

OchiK The King of Potatoes

Remove ability, give it something else. A charged breath or other charge ability would make sense given it's kit.

Or I suppose if they can't think of anything might as well just slap regen on it right? lol.

14. Thbigchief

- Just specialize the three dragons.

1) Make one a skywing deck hero
    2) Make one a dragonkin deck hero
    3) Put a skeezer on the back of one for dat skrub deck

sharang2 likes this.
  15. OchiK

OchiK The King of Potatoes

1 & 2 are fine but 3 is an affront to all that is good and decent in the world. Obviously number 3 needs to be make one support a sand BG. Duh.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2014
    SPiEkY likes this.
  16. OmegaDrake

OmegaDrake The King of Potatoes

I'd argue for:
    1) Vindrax--> Draksar
    2) Valdac--> Skeez
    3) Vex--> Dragons in general, with no pref for skywings vs other dragons.

My thoughts, anyways.

Edit: New Member? Bah humbug.

17. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

SAND BG HERO

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2014
    SPiEkY and OchiK like this.
  18. Thbigchief

- Sand sure...w/e. Just something other then Best drag, ok drag, worst drag...

19. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

it's always "yeah, vex needs a rework"

let's not be mistaken. her core mechanic is innately broken, in that the effect that it has on a game is either far too much or far too little. we've all known this for a while. we've been saying this since shortly after she came out. i don't remember if you've been playing that long or not (i don't even remember when it was, so there's that), but it's how it is.

it's just that the thing about the SL community is that the players that play vex don't care if she gets reworked or not (they play her anyway. a lot of the SLers just like dragons, and some of them like broken things like vex. the key here is to understand that broken doesn't mean OP, it means needing to be fixed) and the ones that don't by and large just wish people would shut up about her because she's a waste of space and for whatever reason we're not as attached to our heroes as everyone else is.

maybe it's because they're all massive-ass dragons, and there's not really a lot of variety there. if i want massive-ass dragons i can branch out, even. we got plenty.

food for thought.

sharang2, Goyo, Sirius and 1 other person like this.
  20. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]