Sunder

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Dec 10, 2014.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

When this champion makes a successful basic attack the target becomes sundered. Just was playing a game when my opponent attacked my earth golem with immunity physical and i became sundered? Either the text needs changed or the ability itself, the champ was northern cross templar who is physical damage just so thats clear and he had no equips. How was the attack successful when he did no damage and on top of that my champ was immune to physical damage. If anything the attack was an epic fail and his champ should have taken damage for being so stupid.

I think the text needs changed along with a lot of abilities that don't fully explain themselves.

2. OmegaDrake

OmegaDrake The King of Potatoes

If I swing at a mountain with a weapon, you better well believe I'm going to hit it, and therefore the attack is successful.

However, no mountains were hurt in the making of this scenario.

3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

An attack can be successful but do no damage.

soulmilk and SPiEkY like this.
  4. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Tricky mechanics, but working as intended.

5. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

A lot of newer players though will read successful attack and in this kind of scenario think that means damage was dealt. All i would like to see is maybe something added to the text saying damage does not have to be dealt in order for this to be successful. Their are to many runes in this game with abilities that are not descriptive enough or have confusing text, making an already complicated game for new people even worse.

6. OmegaDrake

OmegaDrake The King of Potatoes

To be fair, before when we also had entirely too many abilities per champ, we did have these incredibly long and convoluted explanations. Ultimately, for newer players, having a paragraph description for each of the myriad of skills in the game was difficult to put it mildly. Also, a successful attack doesn't imply damage, just that it occurred. If it didn't immunity: physical wouldn't even need to proc. I would be down for a compendium with more in-depth descriptions of the skills though. I recall that used to be a thing that either existed, or was in the works. Something like that.

Goyo likes this.
  7. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

I always use arrow eater to explain this.

If i attack an arrow eater champ with my ranged sunder champ, arrow eater will proc right? Why is that? Arrow eater procs because i successfully attacked your champ. Therefore sunder procs when i hit your arrow eater champ from range.

Now if my champ was blinded, my attack would miss and the attack would be unsuccessful. Therefore both arrow eater and sunder would not proc.

RedScarlet and sharang2 like this.
  8. OchiK

OchiK The King of Potatoes

Ah yes earth golem an amazing little font contender, well as long as it was your font and you deployed him there, otherwise by turn 16 he's probably just leaving your shrine zone :p

Speaking of him and lumbering are there any ways to remove lumbering from a champ?

9. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

That kind of sounds like an error on their fault.

What would you like the description to be?

10. scrampy

scrampy I need me some PIE!

In the past you used to have to split with other factions like KF and use butterfly wings to remove lumbering (Princeleaf shrine rush comes to mind). Now with blessing of almara you can provide him with the support in faction. It seems to be a decently popular combo too as it grants him added tankiness/damage with aerial supremacy.

11. OchiK

Oh really? Does flying itself counter it? Or something specific about those spells?

12. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Flying champions are not affected by Lumbering (they do not lose the ability though).

13. OchiK

[​IMG]

Just speaking to the earth golem defender of fonts. Obviously a bot so it does pants on head type stuff but nothing wanted to attack him when I slapped granite bracers on him. He literally just stood there and slowly killed champs all 70+ turns of this game.

I was testing rune interactions and didn't build this to or expect it to win but since he stalled the entire enemy BG at the middle font I snuck up with these and killed the shrine.

[​IMG]

Got a pretty elemental war staff for my troubles too :)

OriginalG1 likes this.
  14. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

There are specific requirements for damage, such as applying dots. A successful attack simply means it did not miss.

15. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

16. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

Where is the world coming to when people use their freaking phones to take a picture of the computer screen? !

17. OchiK

Because I don't understand how your magic boxes work!

Lushiris, Baskitkase and Netherzen like this.
  18. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

he took a photo... of the screen. lol i love it.

Agirgis1 likes this.
  19. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

yeah earth golem got nerfed cause lumbering is on moga cannon.

20. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

That is an example of how sweeping nerfs to catch one rune are a bad thing. But as far as bad things go, it's not their worst.