SL/SP Elemental/sub-sand Deck

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by OmegaDrake, Dec 10, 2014.

1. OmegaDrake

OmegaDrake The King of Potatoes

Hello!

Been gone a while, randomly played a couple games here and there. It's a terribad deck, but I've been having fun with it for the past 5 or so games I've played. Lots of AoE (dat 5 sources of sand spray), decent mix of damage (but no magic ATM, so please god no AA), tonnes of mobility, and having 2x Skybreakers out will stack for + 2 speed (and other times none at all, even with an elemental in range of both of them... so.) Also, loaded with awkward ranges, but it's a time.

Without further adieu:

2x Acid Elemental (currently Acid Bomb 3+ greeting)
    1x Draksar Ravenspeaker (Pawn, Regen 2)
    1x Sandstalker (Regen 1, Sand-Fall 1)
    1x Dune Walker (Regen 1, Grant: Tunnel)
    2x Mud Elemental (Resist Phys 3, mimic def)
    1x Peaks Dew (Splash, Tidal Wave)
    2x Peaks Ifrit (Fire Acolyte, Fire Aura 2)
    2x Peaks Marid (Jolt 1, Hit and Run)
    2x Sand Elemental (Tunnel Sand 1, Trail Sand)
    2x Sand Spitter (Tunnel Sand 1, Domain: Sand)
    2x Sand Hunter (Tunnel Sand 1, Sand-Fall 1)
    1x Sandstalker Lord (Desert Walker, Sandstriker)
    2x Skybreak Dragon (Evasive 2, Elemental Zephyr)
    1x Varu Dragon (Multiattack 2, Sandstriker)
    1x Cleansing Emerald
    1x Headshrinkers Totem
    2x Rock Trap
    1x Cyclops Belt
    1x Diamond Mace
    1x Ol' Sok
    1x Lightning Storm

Thoughts? I'm probably going to remove the acid elementals, because loluseless. Probably for some good ol' DB/Quickening or another spell of some sort. Also, yes I know this is champ heavy :p.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  2. OchiK

OchiK The King of Potatoes

I can only really speak to the sand side, btw welcome! But I would cut the acid elementals they offer nothing and your djinns also cover the elemetal theme and cover your mobility and anti-physical. Also a sand elemental and a sand spitter.

I'd add another sand stalker lord as they'll be a large and key component to mobile sand generation, and if you want another sand stalker. I prefer my lords with hidden: sand instead of sandstrike and then equipped with dunewalkers mantle. This will get them literally every offensive sand buff plus perma stealth. So they'll have sand fall, hidden:sand, sandstrike, domain sand, and dessert master, his attack and to a lesser extent his defense can get into scary levels, only downside is that he like a majority of sand units are physical damage.

Dunewalker is one of those champs where any of his 3 path 2 upgrades could fit in a sand deck, you already have a lot of sand units with tunnel sand and other mobile units so I don't know if you need grant sand tunnel, I'd personally go with sand strike for the extra damage and use his own tunnel sand ability for surprise attacks and escapes. Just me though.

So cut,

Acid elemetal x2
    Sand elemental x1
    Sand spitter x1

Add,

Sand stalker lord x1
    Sand stalker x1 (optional)
    Dunewalkers mantle x1 (optional x2 of you want to go all in on sandy pants theme)

This will afford you 1-2 extra spots for DB and Quick.

Someone else will have to speak to the SP side.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  3. splitstax

splitstax Well-Known Member

You deck has some good points, but you should not split a sand theme with any faction. Sand is FF SL only, and it is e very strong theme to play. If you want to split an Elemental deck, go with ST. It has much better synergy with Elementals.