(NEW) Next Patch Feedback Suggestions

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by yobanchi, Nov 20, 2014.

1. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

i don't mind if he loses race undead if tjere another champ who can replace him with the ability

2. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

@Entrepidus If I don't speak my mind, I don't learn anything in the long run

Kinda better off showing you my initial reaction so you can show me why it shouldn't be my initial reaction.

It might look ignorant sometimes, but it doesn't mean I don't respect what you say

I also forgot about ghost stalker... omg....
    Here I was thinking dusk creep was the only vaccum that stealthed...

Entrepidus likes this.
  3. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

I believe the reason was mostly to combat the view of pay to play. But as stated I agree that they should be looked at and brought back into line to make them balanced but at least unique and fun to play.

Bonewing is a good example of blandness while angel of death simply needs more synergy.

@Entrepidus I've been working on trying to break the current necrosis and have so far come up with varying results. I do agree that the theme crutches pretty heavily on dusk at the moment but that's more to dead eater/soul collection combo in my opinion. Creeps would be better served with adjustment to their champs at the moment. Blinking, Mindthief, Bloodworm, and a few other anthropods/worms could use some adjustment.

As they become more powerful the theme may need to see Necrosis modified in the future to have -2 SDZ for non worm/anthro deployment. I've run across some success with doing some pretty crazy things.

The good part is once patches become more regular we can address the issues faster and for ALL themes so none are left out.

4. yobanchi

Thank you for the suggestions!

Dusk Creeper- I enjoy the tie in into the stealth theme. Worms, flavor wise, are basically worms that have eaten so much dead carcassas that they start gaining death related abilities and powers. I like startle but think he should retain at least some if not most of his globe interaction. Replacing Dead eater with Forage basically gives him a spot attack on deploy if globes are in the vicinity. Eventually I could see him loosing soul collection and gaining more stealth related abilities but now ins't the time for that transition in my opinion. (too soon) But I do agree that he's too cheep for the power combo currently with soul collection/dead eater. Once that is removed he may show up as support but I don't think he'll be auto 2x anymore.

Black Ops- Hmm... that's kind of interesting but there are currently only 4 champions in FW that have stealth.
    Mute Stalker, Nether Wraith, Shadowshank, Stitched Dreameater. Mute stalker is probably the best candidate and the other three are lackluster combos leaving this as mostly a split abuse rune.

Hmm... How about Black Ops- the next enemy relic deployed becomes possessed for 6 rounds. basically a defensive spot haunt. Could be interesting!

Mist of the Dead- Good Idea.

Mindthief- Will have to chew on that. While Gedden did state he hated Both adaptation and Brain eater both abilities are still on champs. I think it may be to test them to see if they do break anything as he suspects but so far I have not seen any problems arise. Especially with adaptation as it rarely procs on anything useful but that may be because Mindthief is soooo terribad right now.

Phantasmal- Portal is awesome in theme allowing him to portal in and out timed with etherial. Curse and Hex sweet is more beneficial then the nora leech in my opinion. Will think more on these two concerning your thoughts. I like Phantasmal's aura/ethereal/portal combos and think that spiking him with curse/hex for more ap options is good and will allow his dmg to go to 0. Having a creeper without a basic attack is fine if we are giving mind thief one. Also it balances out portal on him since he won't be able to snipe enemy relics.

TeaScholar likes this.
  5. yobanchi

Adjusted...

Dusk Creeper - Startle replaces Rend 3 in upgrades. (still Replace dead eater with forage upgrade)

Black Ops- For the next 6 turns the next enemy relic deployed is possessed for 6 turns.

Corpse Collection- Friendly Undead gain Assimilate and Harvest Organs until end of turn.

Myst of the dead-
    Shroud and Enveloping Mist.
    Enveloping Mist change- Opposing Units within 4 spaces of this unit have their range reduced to minimum and suffer loss of life when taking disease/posion damage for the next 6 turns.

Serkan's Touch - 40 nora add defiled to spell

Mindtheif Creeper-
    Path 1: Brain Eater, Dead Eater, Assimilate
    Path 2: Reinforcement 1 / 2, Reinforce
    Base: Attack Psychic, Necrosis, Reveal Race

TeaScholar likes this.
  6. chickenpox2

can mindtheif keep race undead so qe have more auto-include and make entrpidus's head explode lol

7. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

@yobanchi

Dusk Creeper
    If you'd prefer to wait for a larger rework of his kit, that's fine. It's why I asked what your primary goal was with changing him. I don't think trading out Dead Eater is enough given that he's still at least 1x auto for Improve Range, but there is a chance that some players will stay at 1x rather than opting for 2x auto with one each of Improve Damage/Range.

Black Ops
    It could also grant Ambush for 2/4 turns if the champion is Stealthed. Real Stealth champs permanently receive Ambush while pseudo-stealth champs get it temporarily.

As for your latest iteration, I'm not sure it would be worth running as it doesn't create DMZ, (eventually) destroy the relic or spawn multiple champions like Haunt. Similarly, the appeal of Dreambox is it immediately destroys the triggering relic to grant you a permanent copy while being able to contest/maintain fonts even if it never triggers. This version would need an additional affect of some kind that sets it apart from similar mechanics that already exist.

Mindthief Creeper
    Is the updated version in the OP for this complete? Taking what's listed, this is how it affects his cost:

63 NORA (starting with Reflection 1 + Initiative 1)
    +Reveal Race (6N)
    -Adaptation (8N)
    -BOTU (4N)
    -Paralyze (4N)
    -Shadowspawn (7N)
    -Reflection 1 (2N)
    -Initiative 1 (5N)
    +Brain Eater (4N) | +Dead Eater (5N) | +Assimilate (4N)
    +Reinforce (0N) | +Reinforcement 1 (6N) | +Reinforcement 2 (10N)

Range: 43N - 49N (Brain Eater + Reinforcement 1) - 54N​

He needs new abilities (and one rank of Reinforcement for the second path) to replace those removed or a stat boost to compensate. Unless, did you intentionally reduce his cost?

Also, as a side note: since you're aiming to clean up Blinking Creeper's BOTU/Race issue, do you mind adding Eye of Serkan's lack of Necrosis to that list of potential oversights? He desperately needs it.

I shake my fist at thee, sir!

8. yobanchi

Thanks for the feedback.

Black Ops- Ah so you mean to focus on the condition Stealthed and not the ability?
    Target champion becomes stealthed. If it is already stealthed it gains Ambush permanently.
    That could work with a low nora cost but invisibility is 30 nora so it may relegate this to trick bgs...

As for auto haunting there is a big difference not being accounted for and that is when an enemy places a relic within their owned font. They effectively contest their own font robbing them of a potential 24 nora and they are faced with either killing their own rune or waiting out the contest to regain the relic.

Actually now that I think of it upping it to 7 turns will make it more palatable as it potentially sucks up 36 nora.
    If they play the relic out of font then that means they are probably combat oriented relics which will become very relevant.

I think the differences vs dream box are comparable but diverse enough

TeaScholar likes this.
  9. yobanchi

@Entrepidus Yeah Mindthief creeper would be pretty efficient if I do say so myself. Cheap is good and the abilities are good enough to solidify his use in a Necrosis bg.

I disagree with adding more abilities. 5 is the standard that should be aimed for (6 for boon for undead or arctic).
    If anything additional stats would be the way to go but it would be nice to keep him as a low impact surprise factor.
    Worms/Anthropods need cheap expendable units to balance out the top weighted ones.

10. yobanchi

Eye of Serkan - replace detection with Necrrosis base

Black ops - Possess 7

11. chickenpox2

Im sure that if black ops become like haunting grip then alot of non fw players will complain

Black Ops

35 nora

Target champion gains stealth and combat awareness for 8 turns

i really think that combat awareness will help to protect and stealth to hide and both seems like elite abilities like elven shade
    thoughts?
    @yobanchi @Entrepidus

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  12. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

I don't mind this approach, my only concern is that the "top weighted" Worms aren't necessarily costly due to effectiveness (Putrid Creeper. . . forever alone. . .). Many of the more expensive Worms have some bloated abilities that could be trimmed down in cost, replaced or outright removed. That said, rather than remove Detection from Eye of Serkan, why not drop BOTU and Race: Undead, instead? Is he one of the Worms you think should have Undead?

Otherwise, the potential changes to Worms are already well beyond the couple tweaks I was expecting, so I'm more than willing to give what you currently have on the slate a try. I don't want to eat up too much space this patch.

13. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

its hard to make suggestions not knowing where the 'norm' is going to be with regards to power level and balance. do we suggest nerfs aiming towards what we THINK that magic spot is? it seems like a pseudo balance is being reached by giving each faction/theme some OP combo or runes. is that going to be method of balance in the future, and by suggesting nerfs to our OP stuff we are gimping ourselves?

I just wish they would set a standard that was clear. it would make suggestions more focused and constructive imo. right now I think we are all just wishing in the wind.

yobanchi and TeaScholar like this.
  14. Shivanic

Shivanic New Member

i still think black ops should be : target champ becomes stealthed and give a rank of detection permenantly, cause 1 it fits the flavor of card, the stiched shaman(?) in the card is spying, 2 FW has crappy detection options currently, 3 it's not too abusive as gain a rank of detection isn't as bad as say, ambush, ( imagine a spirit deck with spot ambush, yikes).

15. yobanchi

@Ragic Wish I could give you an answer regarding that but I don't have any magic bar or spot to share. Basically I'm trying to take community feedback and make a better play experience using them. I feel FW is on the bottom at the moment which I think gives us a good chance at addressing stuff like the bonus and themes.

FW themes that need help at the moment are vampires/liches/spirits to some extent.
    Spirits more so to get them away from SURGE SURGE SURGE which is skeleton/moga.
    Liches are kinda leaning towards suge/surge/surge as well to some extent.

TeaScholar likes this.
  16. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

What about Polluted Martyr? He should get Bloodless (or does that Cancel out Repurpose?)

17. yobanchi

@Covah Repurpose is a sacrifice effect and should cancel out the refund on soul sift. I'll try testing it out after work today.

As for Martyr I'd probably attack his tempo by placing propagate carrionling on him base and maybe swapping disease breath over to the other path or adding another thing like roar of the fallen so that he has 3 upgrade filled choices.

This will up his initial cost and fix something that has irked me for awhile. Mainly that he is counted as a WORM but doesn't have propagate base so you can choose to have him infested with the buggers or not.

18. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

What about sandbagging him with flight or running start(didnt he have that before?)?

19. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Huh, last time I checked this, I remember Sarinda being on the OP along with all the other heroes. What changed? How Korsean managed to get into that list? I'm not against buffing him a bit (even if I don't one), however, I'm baffled at Sarinda being kicked out of the "Hero team" to include the ambassador.

20. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

It's because Korsien is better than your favorite rapper.

D4rkSteel likes this.