proof why kf ff bonus is not op

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by polltroy, Jan 21, 2015.

1. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

Eriluun's Favor. This is the proof. In my 6000 or so games i have never ever seen this spell used. Not even once. Not by kf FF or kf splits. So this spell gives KF FF bonus for 10 turns. Stackable. Lets compare to some other faction FF bonuses. Lets take the UD one. It gives DMG +4. So lets assume same spell, all friendly champs get +4 dmg for 10 turns for 30 nora. Hmm, does anyone think this spell would not see play in 6000 games? Oh wait there are many spells and items who give similar effects, but only to one champ and not to all of them and that cost even more than 30 nora. So it means all this complaining about KF FF being so powerfull is again just meta kids trolling to make the game more plain and booring so they can take away those few trick players who can challenge them not only in patience, but also in brain and creativity. (Yes kf is a creative faction with quite some interesting spells.)

Conclusion: kf ff bonus is considered by majority of players to be much less good than UD one. Not by words but by action. Just count the number of uses of dmg buffing stuff and then compare to nr of uses of the kf speed spell.

As a note, I rarely play KF FF so i dont even think im biased in this, I used to like to play kf splits back in the days when cool stuff like the mirror still existed.

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Sigh, this guy

Bhruic, RedScarlet, Agirgis1 and 3 others like this.
  3. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

4. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

wtf is this thread. they need to do to kf what they did to fist of bastion. that will fix the game.

Woffleet likes this.
  5. Indijanac

Indijanac I need me some PIE!

Mobility , debuff , dmg , ranged monsters , melee monsters , best utility spells in game , 8 speed champs , 123143254234 illusions that you can't deal with ... List goes on and on
    You name it they have it in current KF meta , just observe normal KF deck and tell me that's ok.

Woffleet likes this.
  6. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

You're an alt. Mdub doesn't have a forum account.

7. Sammich

Sammich Member

The problem with your comparison is that the two stats are VERY different. All champs having +1 Speed means that, out of the gate, you have a leg up on getting to fonts and managing fights. The spell drops +1 on all champs, replicating the bonus... but only for those champs that are out at that moment. That means that you miss the majority of the early game tactical bonus that the +1 speed provides, and when you DO give things a bonus, you don't actually see any benefit until turn 3 (barring other shenanigans).

+4 DMG dropped on all your champs is, conversely, incredibly powerful in a pinch because you immediately see the benefit, and can prepare for the big drop. The damage bonus has little to no early effect.

So, essentially, the reason you've never seen it played is because the KF bonus is a persistent benefit that functions in all stages of the game, but would not be worth the effort if it only came out later in the game.

Think about it like this. Say faction bonuses only turned on after 10 turns. Would you really want +1 speed? Not really, it would be situationally helpful but would have lost most of its initial tactical advantage. Would you want +4 damage? It probably wouldn't have done anything prior to it activating anyway, meaning it would be great.

N0w flip it, and have the bonuses active for only the first 10 turns, and then they turn off. +4 damage is utterly useless, but +1 speed is absolutely priceless.

See what I'm getting at?

RedScarlet, Woffleet, Dagda and 5 others like this.
  8. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

I don't need to change anything. It just works every time
    [​IMG]

9. polltroy

so with your reasoning, +1 speed was always equvalent to the old +1 ap buff st and is had. But thise factions had other faction bonuses too. So it means before they were changed, with your reasoning, kf bonus was inferior.

yes i agree to some point that damage buff is same turn benefit but sp buff is next turn benefit. So then imagine a spell that gave +4 dmg to all champs for the next 10 turns, starting from next turn. At 30 nora. Can you honestly say this spell would not find its use in at least a few out of 6000 games? I woikd def love this spell for all my old offensive garu decks as well as alk the rush decks. I used to use dugon like that, just he gave +2 and 4 turns and cost 82 nora... and many times i deployed him the turn before i needed the dmg buff.

Now lets look at the sp FF bonus. Would you pay 30 nora to have a potential 8% +4% nora returned on champs deployed and died for 10 turns? Sounds like a quite good deal to me, pretty sure such spell would find its use in a few of those 6000 games for sure. What about +10 hp for 10 turns to each champion? Not so bad as well? Or 6 dmg less from spells for next 10 turns? Can imagine those spells for 30 nora can find its uses now and then too... even if effect is delayed till next turn.

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I genuinely am intrigued by how delusional one must be to keep this rant going when your faction is top tier.

When even Sokolov tells you to get your Bane Shift together, you just need to step back and re-evaluate what you're doing.

11. polltroy

My faction? I usually like to play split, so dont really care about FF Kf at all, just tired about this racism from cou cil and the meta kids like yourself, always trasching on the interesting stuff.

12. Sammich

Sammich Member

You're really not understanding the tactical advantage of a STATIC speed bonus across all champs when they are deployed, are you? With ST, you're talking font/shrine bonus. Awesome, and yeah, OP - guess why they're changing it?

And yes, all of those benefits, which AREN'T HELPFUL (aside from SP's 8% return on deploy) until fighting starts, would make great spells that I would use. If I could spend 30 nora on a first turn relic that gave every one of my champs +1 speed, and then exploded after 10 turns, It would get played every game.

The point is, +1 speed is a huge tactical advantage when you don't have to pick which champs get it, and have it available from the start of the game.

Woffleet likes this.
  13. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

KF doesn't split well with me.

14. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

KF split sucks that's why. the faction bonus is overpowered and the split faction bonus is worthless.

15. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

Sir, first, EF (Eriluun's Favor) came out as a spell to help Tortuns, which is why you see a Tortun on the picture. Tortuns our broken mostly and not run, which is why you do not see the rune in play. Second, it is waste of space to have EF in your battle group when your entire build has +1 speed, which is another reason why you do not see. Third, AP gen comes in all sorts of equips and abilities. EF is nothing but AP gen. How many times in your builds do you use AP gen? Probably more than 1 in 6000. EF is not a good AP gen choice at the moment compared to other options like Horn of Order or Relocate Ally.

16. polltroy

well EF is EXACTLY KF FF bonus with delay 1 turn. So if this is super powerfull, we should see at least all the split KF decks have twice this spell? Because i can assure you if the UD version with +4 dmg existedas a spell, i would run 2 of them in every bg i could...

17. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

No, it is a useless spell at the moment.

18. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Fight in Formation (which also costs 30 nora coincidentally) gives Battlemaster 3 to all your champs. That's 2 dmg and 1 def to everything, roughly half the UD and SL bonus combined. Which mean both are bad and probably cancel each other. That spell never sees play.

Checkmate atheists

BurnPyro likes this.
  19. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

For IS, can I please have a relic that causes all champions to have +1 speed but take 6 more spell damage? We don't even need a spell like Elune, KF can keep that.

Trollpoy says its not OP.

20. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

So, to clarify, +1 speed on champs is OP but NOT if a 30 nora spell gives another +1 speed for 10 turns???