What if avatars started the game transformed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ragic, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

And change the transform ability so that it also allows the avatar to become a shrine again and vice versa (with appropriate cooldown).

thus each player on their opening move would have to find a place to park their avatar (deployment zone cant overlap with font deployment zones). this gives players the ability to determine the distance between their avatar and the first font. Thus no hard coded advantage for certain champs on certain maps. It also makes the avatar mechanic a more integral part of the gameplay.

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

No.

Everything avatars - in avatar form - represent, I would rather see removed and contained.

3. Ragic

dude they wont even remove tokens from the game. avatars are here to stay, at least this idea lets them address a persistent problem with the game. think of all the problems that have been centered around maps. Do you disagree that this idea could mitigate them?

4. Sammich

Sammich Member

Huh. That's actually really interesting. Certainly worth the thought exercise. Is there a too easy way to generate 1st turn AP that would allow font cap immediately with the shortened distance?

5. Gust Gord

Gust Gord Member

Sounds like fun lets test it

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

All this changes is that you sit closer to your first font, both players. Which isn't the problem on a lot of maps.

The few maps that this would matter does not compensate for the horrendous gameplay it would come with.

7. Ragic

well we have avatars now. what is the horrendous gameplay that you mean?

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I forgot who I was talking to.

It's a bad idea. I'm out.

Goyo likes this.
  9. Ragic

remember a transformed avatar doesn't generate nora. so it would be turn 1 move avatar and shrine up. turn 2 deploy champ. turn 3 cap font. the only difference between this and the way it works now is that each player would get a 'pre turn' to set the initial position of their avatar so as to lessen the chance of falling behind in capping the first font. I suppose you would also have the option to bypass the first font and go for a middle font position or even stay transformed and see if you can charge the enemy shrine though I doubt that will be a winning strategy for anyone.

if youre worried about the avatar itself capping the first font then I would suggest to simply make it so avatars cant cap fonts.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  10. Ragic

and I forgot asking you to go into detail violates your one liner rule.

11. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Avatars that are transfigured generate 25 Nora.