proof why kf ff bonus is not op

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by polltroy, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Sammich

Sammich Member

Okay, guys, go ahead and ignore the detailed explanation for why your argument holds no water, and continue to harp on faulty logic I already shot down. That's fine. It's all good.

2. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Is this for real?

SPiEkY likes this.
  3. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Dunno, Boghoppers had a spell that basically was half of this, and I don't think it's even close to playable.

4. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

Its what they say. And its also op with +1 speed for KF in FF, but forKF in spil BG, its no longer OP with spell that makes the same. For same Champs that needthat +1 speed tomake them OP. And +4 dmg spell for all champs for 10 turns is also not op they say. Only +1 SP in first turn seems to be op.

Maybe they could make an ability that gives -1 speed to all friendly Champs first turn if u have it in runedock, but at same time gives +4 dmg starting fromsecond turn to all Champs. Acc to these ppls logic, such an ability should be more negative than positive?

5. Leogratz

Leogratz Devotee of the Blood Owl

As a FW player I seldomly got to split a single elf... Those skinny dancing little things are really resilient when packed together.

6. Leogratz

Leogratz Devotee of the Blood Owl

Let's try to put it on another terms: every 4 turns a champion stays out, you get a free mobilization. Does that seem OP enough? As for that spell you use as reference, he problem there, as it was said earlier, is the lack of an immediate effect. Set it to grant 1 speed for 10 turns and a single AP point at the moment you use it, which emulates the KF bonus better, since speed takes place at the start of a turn, and it will be 2x auto.

7. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

The KF bonus is really strong, but it's not even close to Mobi. 4 AP for all of your champions at once is extremely powerful as a powerturn. +1 AP every turn is an awesome bonus but it's not the equivalent of a powerturn.

DarkJello likes this.
  8. polltroy

I disagree. simply because to get AP from a spell and to have higher speed is not comparable. Speed is calculated by enemy the turn Before with accurate positioning etc.ap grant from spell is a surprise act andmost ofthebonus is from the surprise. Thats why the best comparison is a similar spell with UD dmg bonus. I Think everyone agrees 30 nora for +4 dmg in turn 2-10 is quite op and AUTO INCLUDE.

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

But if it was 50 nora for +4 damage it'd be Bane Shift.

I can take random numbers and make my point.

Sealer0 likes this.
  10. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Why waste a bg slot and spend another 30 Nora when your units already have a speed advantage and a nice amount of damage and range?

11. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

This is now a wasted thread . . . . unlike the ones I make. ROFL

12. polltroy

Its not random, if u read the whole post, you see the comparison is between KF FF bonus for 10 turns, delayed 1 turn, and UD FF bonus for 10 turns, delayed 1 turn. For the KF FF we have the EF spell that does exactly that for 30 nora. So if this spell does not find use, but all agree a similar UD spell would, it means KF FF bonus is at least not more OP than the UD one.

13. polltroy

If the KF FF is so OP, why not spend those 30 nora in any KF split deck to get the same effect for 10 turns as the FF bonus?

14. polltroy

This is not a wasted thread, because it shows the racism and bias in the POX forums. It seemed before this thread everyone was in consensus that KF FF was OP. And no one said UD FF was OP. Even SOK seems to be of this opinion, considering his thread about how to change the FF bonuses. But by simple logic, now everyone with a brain bigger than a pie can understand that the KF FF bonus is at least not better than the UD FF bonus, based on how peuple value it when they build decks, not based on arbitrary meta kid trolling comments.

15. KingJad

As mentioned before the tactical advantage of having +1 speed on deploy is significant and The spell only gives +1 speed to champs already in play unlike the faction bonus which does not discriminate on who gets extra speed.

Edit; 1 speed for 10 turns isn't the same as 1 speed as soon as the game began if the spell had preordained it'd be completely different.

16. polltroy

Its why the comparison is against the FF UD bonus with a similar effect. Im pretty sure everyone agrees speed does not ONLY matter the first turn? Because if this was the case KF FF bonus was always before inferior to the IS and ST AP bonus plus their normal FF bonus on top.

Or lets make another theoretical experiment. Who would want this ability for free? 1st turn +1 ap, all following turns -1 speed. Would you put this on all your champs if you had the chance? 0 nora cost. Because if not it seems speed is more important later in game than the first turn actually.

17. KingJad

your correct it does not only matter but the impact isn't as severe as it is in early game, because the course of the early game sets up the mid-game and possibly late game if your opponent can survive your initial charge

18. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

But it's not similar. The UD bonus is completely irrelevant in the early/developing stage of the game whereas speed is everything. That's why nobody ever played Eriluun's Favor : why spend 30 nora when I could just simply deploy another of my Firking 8 spd champ and completely take over the board.

Like your stupid hypothetical UD bonus 30 nora spell, yeah sure that thing would be pretty good late game when the board is stalled but would anybody in their right mind ever cast that on turn 2?

Apple oranges retards etc

SPiEkY, XFurionsX, Sammich and 3 others like this.
  19. polltroy

So you agree to put this ability for free on all your champs? Because speed only matters first turn?

1st turn +1 ap, all following turns -1 speed. 0 nora cost.

Because if not it seems speed is more important later in game than the first turn actually.

20. KingJad

What? That's not even....