proof why kf ff bonus is not op

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by polltroy, Jan 21, 2015.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Is possible to get banned for zealotry?

2. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

It matters ALL GAME LONG but happens to be an extra advantage in the early game.

Damage, defense, extra hp, spell damage reduction and dead champ cooldown reduction does not help me cap fonts.

How can you not get that?

3. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

His zealotry makes me want to switch factions.

On topic: The KF bonus is great but many champs in KF are based around it. At the same time, many would still see play without it. Trying to make it not seem like a good bonus only makes people hate us more. It is not like KF hasnt had the entire community after us for some time now. This is just adding more fuel to the fire. End of story.

Sammich and DarkJello like this.
  4. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

I'd you wanna keep comparing damage tho look at it this way speed gives you an advantage early, mid, and late while damage offers you nothing in the early stages of the game but offers you an advantage later

Final score
    Speed : 3
    Damage: 2

5. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

Dude, it was a joke hence the "ROFL."

6. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

The ironic thing is he only splits with KF. I have no clue why he's on this crusade.

7. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Speed translates to damage output throughout the entire match accompanied by the early rush benefit, crowd control, and the list goes on. I don't really see the point you are trying to make. Using a spell that happens to be part of said faction and rarely sees play in or outside of it is not a convincing argument that screams balance.

8. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Very good points sir.

To boys and girls from near and far:

The core problem is that many/most of those STILL complaining about KF do NOT want balance, fairness, or to save Pox from certain destruction. They want KF weaker so that they can win more. Period. I believe ALL problem runes should be addressed, but especially in KF. Why is that DJ? Because I know KF the best, thus I feel more confident making recommendations. +1 speed as a FF bonus is NOT evil/bad/OP if the runes are balanced accordingly. EVERY faction has zealots. EVERY faction has shoeboxed runes that can be bumped up and OP runes that can be bumped down. Savvy?

9. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

I have considered this a lot. I saw this spell a while ago, and thought it looked awesome. This was added to by everyone in forums complaining about KF FF being OP. When I started running this spell, I NEVER played it unless it was in a late game situation, and I was probably going to win anyway. It isn't good enough. What does it do? Maybe let you get an extra attack in? When a normal spell can just be a giant aoe normal-attack sized, i.e. natures wrath. In no situation have I been: "well, nothing really important I want to play or save up for, better make sure that these current guys on the map have an extra AP next turn". You're analogy was to UD FF bonus. The reason it would be played is the same reason for things like quickening or mobi. It's for power turns.

The main part is still, as everyone else has said, the early game. And quick note, using favour early game to get that font a turn earlier, means you've wasted about 18 nora.

DarkJello likes this.
  10. Sammich

Sammich Member

Guys, don't worry, he's clearly a bot. I mean, we've explained the same concept four different ways, and it still hasn't stopped him from spitting out the same flawed logic.

So, either he's a bot programmed to troll us into making him feel important, or he's got a few problems that he has yet to seek professional help for.

Netherzen likes this.
  11. G_Ro91

G_Ro91 The King of Potatoes

How did no body comment on the "much less good" part. Grammar doesn't typically get to me, but this one was cringe worthy.

Also, you say you rarely play KF, so was it just coincidence that you were playing KF today?

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

lmao

all this kid does is run KF rush bgs

polltroy.png

Netherzen and SPiEkY like this.
  13. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Where's De'lim at when you need him, someone set fire to him and be done with it.

Netherzen, xezno and ChiaoLung like this.
  14. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Peeps be hatin on KF cause weed is legal in the woods, but illegal in all other regions of Poxanthuru. Not our fault homeslices!! ;)

Sunutsu likes this.
  15. egami

egami Devotee of the Blood Owl

For some historical perspective (long time since I played competitively), the KF bonus has always been a sore subject for everyone; that includes KF players.

The last reference I looked at showed that KF tended to be the slowest faction in terms of base speed for champs you'd actually run. The KF player sees that and claims the faction bonus is essentially being factored in to design and that the bonus is, therefore, much less powerful. Are they right? Another way to look at is that the champs are slowed but also costed at that speed which explains why KF has tended to produce lots of "economy BGs" where you essentially rolled out cheap meat' looked at that way, KF's bonus is a monster. Regardless, the faction bonus makes split play a pain in the ass because it really forces you to take a hit.

The original idea of KF is a fast faction that hits often but not as hard and uses that speed to dance away and stay alive. The reality is that almost all of the successful KF BGs have leverage cheap meat dynamics and things like nora shield to essentially kill you with a CPA approach to the game; eventually overpower you with that cost advantage. Which is sad. I actually liked the fairy theme which would tend to support the original core of the faction.

Personally, I'd love to see the bonus change if it ended economy BGs and the *****ing and made split play with KF much easier. Plus it would shut down most of the *****es about KF which tends to get at least its fair share of negativity.

16. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Talking about kf.
    Isnt a single stat of speed worth 5-8 nora or something.

Generating more nora then fs.

17. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

Yea, 70% split kf ones, as you can see if u add the data together.

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I'm sorry what? I can't see any evidence of you splitting in that picture.

You mean you got 9k KF points because you split with your 3K SL or 2k IS?

Where does the rest of the 5k points come from huh "mainly splits". I hope you wake up one day and realize what an absolute joker you are.

19. polltroy

Personally, i would prefer if they keep KF champs at "normal" base speed and base cost, meaning in FF KF most champs have 1 more speed than they naturally should have if they were from another faction. It would make it easier to play KF splits and would also make the speed bonus more visible and probably less effective. It would also stop those meat KF cheap BGs as all champs would be normally costed. The core issue with KF is not the speed bonus (as can be seen from the EF compared to UD spell logic) but the champion design. Somehow the designers try to nullify the KF speed bonus by giving KF less nora cost instead of more speed. This was NOT the intention of the faction bonus in first place. For that we have SP and moga. The KF issue is entirely on the designers who "try" to follow the meta kid complaints and design KF with lower speed but in effect by that only creat the real KF problem. Let the elfs be normally expensive but uber quick in speed. UD is allowed to have uber dmg, SP does not have their nora costs i creased by adding HP to compensate for the nora bonus cost, ST does not have their HP lowered to compensate for the HP buff. To do this Bane Shift only with KF is just because the meta kids dont like that u can win by brain, not patience, with KF and the designers just follow blindly.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
    Sunutsu likes this.
  20. polltroy

I hereby suggest all champs should be designed based on how they look in split, not how they look in FF. This would nullify many of the problems we see now. And if this gives some super advantage on some maps due to speed, try to correct maps instead of ruining the faction themse.