5 SPDs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Feb 10, 2015.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

That's why i said zombie behemoth is probably the better option i agree i love wandering zombie is a beast, although i would like to see a few more 6 speed zombies that aren't lumbering.

2. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

What dunewalker needs is sandspray instead of that garbage tunnel/vilent/regen combo.

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Oh, ye, I was just bringing him up as a champ with 5 speed who's viable as-is. With Brainless, extra speed only does so much.

4. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I disagree 100% with this view and it has much more to do with how you like to play Pox or how you perceive as "meta" material.
    Slow down the speed of the game and you will be seeing more of these champs. In other words, nerf KF bonus first then go from there.

Lushiris likes this.
  5. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Yay, everyone seems to of ignored what I said!

6. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

If i'm gonna run a 5 speeder with no pseudo speed I feel like i need to compensate by adding another champ WITH 6+ speed to make up for it, so if i normally run 15 champs and wanna run 2 slow fighters (fire dancer, etc) I might simply run 17 champs. They are still worth running, but I do it as a non-champ slot so they take the place of where i would otherwise have a spell, relic or equip because i agree that the draw win chance makes them sketchy

A prior step would be to fix the maps to account for less 7 speed champs and more 5-6 speed champs (which I hear is in progress)

7. ItsQtotheT

ItsQtotheT The King of Potatoes

Not sure if deep leviathan was said already but yeah deep leviathan

Rokkushun likes this.
  8. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

isnt fixing the maps a band aid though? Its really the number and power lvl of champions with 7+ speed. If we scale back stat creep, speed creep specifically, maps will be a lot better. that and the pace of the game will slow down hopefully allowing for more runes/tactics to be useful.

9. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

I mean I honestly feel like it's the other way around. There is a way to adjust the maps so that 5 speeders can have just as an impactful start as 7 speeders. That way 5 speed champions can fit in the meta and not have the downside of causing draw losses. 5 speed champs are fine and fun if they are not the only champ drawn on the first turn, seeing as they are generally cheaper in nora than their counterparts

ghklf likes this.
  10. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I like your picture. Ima take it and make it my forum avatar :p.

put devilsrath on council. Him and tinydragon the only players I have played that I have been shocked to win a game against. Them and pretty much anyone running kf.(only half joking about the kf part)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  11. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

5sp should give a nora discount, like vulnerability. I vote Deep Leviathan because as a 2x2, 5sp with an ability that relies on attacking he's pretty much useless. An old favorite of mine, Incinerator, has also always suffered because of 5sp. He didn't need the ability remake he received, he just needed 6sp.

12. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Not a 5 SPD, but I'd love if Fentek Servant got 6 SPD, and it's cheap enough currently that the cost increase shouldn't be a problem for anyone. As it is, even with Awakening, it's far too slow, and unlike The Thing it doesn't even have a way to spread water around, so it's self-buff isn't self-contained.

Currently it's too slow to get to the front lines where Pace could factor in, and for the most part it will even have trouble keeping up the Defender aura up where it's needed. Even for it's cheap cost, no one runs it because it is so very often useless, except maybe on some of the very small maps. Sacrificing cost for SPD would give it a lot more usefulness, and make it far more worthy of consideration, as well as free up the U2 so you don't quite feel obligated to go with Pace (though it'd still be a decent option).

EDIT: Other than that, I suppose Muck Dragon could also use 6 SPD. Or perhaps give it Swoop back. It's a tanky large frontliner, without any ranged capability unless you count Punishing Aura, so it really needs a decent way to get in close, and it's cheap enough that either solution wouldn't price it out of BGs. Not as severe an issue as Servant of course, but...

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  13. Archimo

Archimo New Member

i fell like flame leviathan could use either range 1-2 or speed 6 as it usually runs up to people using 3 points in alot of cases in my opinion.

14. Neil

Neil Well-Known Member

i know why he was nerfed...i didnt understand why the minus -1 speed...

15. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

See point 1. corpsE was racist towards moga.

16. Waritine

Waritine New Member

Necromancer. Cause why.

Also, since BB is 37 and pariah.... maybe bump up to 5 :D :D :D ?

17. Chemical22

Chemical22 I need me some PIE!

I would love to see the disturbed spirit get the lead out of its ectoplasm.

18. sidmouth

sidmouth The King of Potatoes

Could vitalize go back to being unlimited range? I'm not sure why it needed to be reigned in - it's enabling for 5 speeders and they need the help. It's not like foment etc was given a range.

Vorian and WhatTheHex like this.
  19. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Either that or make all the non sibling 5 speed Cyclops 6 speed. Its enough of a drawback being fat, Cyclops do not need any other handicaps. If you make one 5 speed sp rune 6 speed though make it the feshwrangler.

20. Poxjedi

Poxjedi I need me some PIE!

I would like to add Muck Dragon to the list.

ItsQtotheT likes this.