Firk Help

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Ifem21, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Hey, I want to make an Firk BG, since the new onew are really good. But don't know where to start, so, someone can post an bg for me to take a look?

2. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Not at home, but a general (psychic) bg has
    2x mindcalled int and distract
    2 mind shredder
    1 spellblaster
    1 savant
    2 healing sources
    2x firk with vindicive and bravery
    1x executer
    Firk mimic
    Sentrys (flanking and sentinel)
    Fs/sl firk. (Backlash)

upto 17 chanpions
    (I reckon anyway)

Goyo likes this.
  3. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

4. Ifem21

Like it, but 2 Executor are not too much? I prefer switching one for the new leg firk

5. doubtofbuddha

I have one of the legendary firk. Executors are too important for holding the bg together. They are cheap, provide a global damage buff, and are frequently a primary target of opponents. I want to have a 2nd ready when the first one dies.

Also I have since replaced the firk mastermind with an angel.

Leadrz likes this.
  6. Leadrz

Now do people run the new firk. What ups.
    How do you play em.
    (Need help understanding role)

7. doubtofbuddha

I run it as a 1 of with dark favor. Basically I use it as a spell which also has a body attached, when I just need that final 6 points of damage. She is perfectly fine though not really exceptional on the board, unfortunately.

8. Leadrz

I too, found her too underwhelming on te board

9. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I just run 1 for the 6dmg when i need it - basically like a 30N champ when you get it off :)

10. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Well, I mean, you went with Dark Favor over Pawn which makes her relatively front-loaded. So of course she won't have much presence on the board.

Anyway, I finally got a pair for myself so I can weigh in on more than just speculation,

There are basically two ways to use her, and it mostly comes down to either Pawn or Dark Favor. Drain is pants. With Pawn, she becomes a good way to harass positions, between either Energy Thief or Restraining Aura and Soul Channeling, she's something that's difficult to just fully ignore, but Pawn means you generally need to put at least 1 extra hit in, so she's not super easy to remove in spite of her stats. Obviously there are ways around this, and it's not like the damage vanishes, so you still need to be careful, but for her cost that combination of abilities is generally pretty decent. Generally I prefer Energy Thief with Pawn, but Restraining has it's uses too.

With Dark Favor she's a psuedo-spell, that offers a decent body (joke about boobs or legs not intended) and Restraining aura is probably the better pick, since without Pawn she doesn't have the survivability to make good use of Energy Thief in my opinion (and she's not enough of a beater with 9 DMG to be a glass cannon you want to charge up with ET either). Soul Channeling might be a bit wasted, but it's not too big a deal.

Soulwrack gives psuedo-range and along with Executor gives FS access to sustainable LoL beyond Soultap. While it of course works well with Soultap, it also benefits from Drive, Battlemaster, Mindmeld, Banner, and the like. Because of this I find her useful even if one or more of those elements is missing.

If running a soultap BG, I do like running 2x, generally with the Pawn mode. Otherwise, for general Firk/Psychic BGs it'll depend, but at least 1x is good, either modality. In terms of meta BG, I'd probably only run her (and only with Dark Favor) if I felt a particular need for LoL; for example if Perseverance picks up I'm having difficulty with Arrow Eater, or if Torts become more popular. She's not bad mind, it's just that there are currently plenty of other options. This may change in the face of other runes getting nerfed opening up options in the meta BG.

11. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

One question, Mind Shredder "attack" works with Executor's Mind Meld?

12. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Mind Shredder does not have "Attack: Psychic" (or Attack: Anything, for that matter). So no. It will neither contribute to the Mind Melder's ATK nor gain ATK itself.

13. Zidiana

Zidiana The King of Potatoes

14. Ifem21

Void shield is better for not losing AP, and if you managed to stay alive (keep him alive) he will have Resistance rank 3 to every enemy kind of atacks.

15. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

16. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Void shield is awesome on paraform due to the fact that there are more champs being played with deafening aura/surge sonic which u can gain max sonic resistance quickly from. Also applies to any other damage terrain lava, poison cloud, auras. Crystallize is a great stall and u heal 4hps. Voidshield/crystallize is the cheapest build too.