not clear on ff/sf

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bambino, May 24, 2015.

1. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

I understand ff will gain u a full bonus while sf will gain u half of each. .
    but what if u have an equally split fac or ff with a split in it, but still complete the ff or sf requirement..?
    example.
    FF #1 30 Ud FF#2 30 UD 1 SP
    or
    SF#1 15 UD/ 15 SP SF#2 15UD/15SP/2FW
    the second deck in each example has an extra fac in it..I know it increased the avg. mana in my deck because I compared with another full fac with even a point more of nora costs. and the ff brought it down even lower..at least thats what it read...
    anyway my question is , what/if are the penalties for this and is there perhaps a rule of thumb, or somewhere that one can read up on these small bits of info? or is it 30 or 15/15 or a penalty?

2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I am fairly certain that if you meet the split faction requirements of 15/15 while meeting the FF req, regardless of what your running, you will have a split bonus if you choose the faction shrine that is not under the FF capacity. A bit confusing I know, but let me give an example of this.

29 Stiched Runes + 1 Retribution. Your count should be FW 29/30 UD If you choose FW you will get the split bonus. If you choose UD you should get the FF bonus for UD.

EDIT: Under no circumstance will you gain the FF, and Split Faction bonus at the same time. If you happen to have 30/30, the FF bonus of the faction you choose will take precedence over the Split Faction Bonuses.

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  3. scrampy

scrampy I need me some PIE!

I think he is more talking about having a complete faction or split BG while still having a third faction's rune in the BG because of a split rune. I.e. cleansing emerald in an FF KF or KF/UD BG would provide 30 KF 1SP and 15 KF 15 UD and 1 SP respectively. To answer your question, there is no penalty to having this random outlier rune in the deck provided it is a split rune. So if you have 30 of one faction or 15/15 you will get the bonus applied without penalty regardless of extra factions popping up because of split runes.

4. bambino

ok. im clear on the fac bonus , but what about mana average ..this is what I observed..
    I have 30 SP FF bg and 1 is barbarian bolt..so I have 30 sp 1 iS in my battle group. and it has an avg mana cost of 64..when i take out the BB, I believe say 78 ,mana and put in a ff SP champ at 81 mana my avg mana cost was at 62..
    now im ready to get some zzzz,, so I can't check BB is 78,, but I do remember the results being the ff rune brought down my avg. more then a lower cost SF rune while retaining my ff BG...
    maybe im crazy. ..give it a try in a FF bg. takes a sec.

5. scrampy

scrampy I need me some PIE!

There is no nora disadvantage or cost modifier applied when this split rune situation is happening. The average rune cost calculator might be bugging out but your runes will cost the same regardless of what the manager tells you your average rune is costing.

6. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

this is just the average cost calculator acting wonky

7. bambino

ok then. im clear. ..thanks fer the input. it helps