Stitched reconstruct is incredibly broken.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mw24, May 22, 2015.

1. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

You could make Reconstruct AP:5 CD:3

But you'd have to buff stitch stats across the board.
    Would help if you made Arm and Merged into champs that aren't expensive for no reason and had an actual impact to the theme or the game state as a whole

2. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

The actual reason that Stitched have and kinda need Reconstruct, is because they're already kinda wimpy in terms of HP and Def. Basically it allows them to keep fighting, even though they normally can't tank very well (on average).

Making them summons would counter the concept of them being able to keep coming back. Now, making their Remains relics summons might work if you want to go in that direction, but I think making more summons would be kinda... Boring.

3. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

I always thought there were something about you that I couldnt put my finger on, the snyde comments, the rude approach to many players (not just the MMRVs and MWs). So you are one of those obnoxious spike players who just want a strong meta and trample everyone else without concern for the balance of the game.

Then you cry nerf like a good factionalist on anything not in your faction.

I see you sir![/QUOTE]
    I can't seem to find who you're quoting...

Spike's tend to dominate forums, as they are among the most vocal and outgoing/extroverted (at least online). This in turn makes them the representation of the playerbase.
    Though I dislike it, Spikes are generally what companies cater to, and so they are, in effect, the driving force behind much of the things we find enjoyable.
    Luckily, more and more non-Spikes have grown weary of the "it's only fun if you win" attitude, and are becoming the majority.

Wow. That was off topic... My bad.

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Could you elaborate on what this means? Because that sounds like two contradictory ideas.

5. NiGhtMaRiK

The top players should have a strong meta to play that would allow competition between each other but would easily trample anything that isn't meta. There is no concern for balancing the game to make themes/racials/ or other obscure runes viable and competitive. They should just lose and be trampled by my strong meta deck. Stop wasting time and effort on these lost causes that are causing more problems than they are worth. Aswell as causing me grief when trying to easily steam roll anything thats not meta. Thanks -signed Burn

@kalasle i believe he's saying that Burn doesn't want viable and competitive themed/racial decks. Burn believes that the game was at it's pinnacle when a strong meta was present and not trying to hammerfist theme's/racials to be viable and competitive.
    Burn wants the game to go back to strong meta runes (good stuff BG's) primarily and leave themes/racials to be something mid tier, forever disheveled (incomplete), and to be played at one's own risk.
    Burn believes that trying to salvage themes/racials and make them competitive is overall a waste of time and resources that could be used in better aspects of the game and are just creating more problems than they are solving.
    Instead of continuing this effort in good faith that eventually most themes/racials will be viable, competitive, and fun to play; he'd rather us focus more on a strong meta presence and balance the game around that.

The contradiction you may find is that if the game is balanced around these strong meta runes being a checks and balances between factions, than the game is balanced so how is that Burn has no concern for balance?
    Well if only 20% of the rune pool is viable, competitive, and balanced; that leaves the leftover 80% unbalanced (by being underpowered and unpractical to be able to compete with).
    So Burn has no concern for the actual health of the overall game, he just wants a healthy meta that others conform to or lose.

This school of thought also pushes older runes into obscurity at a much more rapid rate than they naturally would. Which would force us back into the era where buying new stuff was a must.

Also, something about Trample needing to be Buffed.

Garr123 likes this.
  6. saromon50

saromon50 I need me some PIE!

The remains actually already are summons :)

SireofSuns likes this.
  7. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

I honestly don't think stitched are even a top tier theme (Skeletons, Spiders maybe, Cyclops, Snaptooths apparently). The difference between Stitched and a Summon/Swarm deck is that you can play around their core mechanic by destroying the remains. Also, with Stitched if you're not pulling off reconstructions then you're going to lose, with Summon decks it doesn't take a bunch of planning to hit a button and summon a unit to boost/surge.

If you turn them into summons, then not only do they have the issue of reconstructions being more difficult to set up than a simple Summon or a Swarm kill, or the fact that remains can be killed by AoE and even the weakest attacks, but are then also vulnerable to all the anti-summon abilities on top of it.

I've played as stitched and against them, and you either have to be seriously losing or make a big error to let a bunch of reconstructions go off. Other than Stitched First/Sarinda, their reconstructers are relatively expensive and fragile for what they bring to the table other than reconstruction potential.

(Reminder that Graveyard still produces real champs)

Last edited: May 24, 2015
    SireofSuns likes this.
  8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I always thought there were something about you that I couldnt put my finger on, the snyde comments, the rude approach to many players (not just the MMRVs and MWs). So you are one of those obnoxious spike players who just want a strong meta and trample everyone else without concern for the balance of the game.

Then you cry nerf like a good factionalist on anything not in your faction.

I see you sir![/QUOTE]

I play every faction, I have often played stitched as well. wtf? 0.0

9. saromon50

saromon50 I need me some PIE!

I play every faction, I have often played stitched as well. wtf? 0.0[/QUOTE]

I don't think this was directed at you :p

10. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Funny thing is, all those racials are in need of nerfs for a while. Dimension doors? Broken. Mischief? Broken. Creep and Crawl? Broken.
    Do you think they are "fine" because that's what making the themes remain "viable, did I understand that correctly? WOW.
    Even though we disagree a lot I kind of respect you Badger, but this kind of thinking really stops the game from ever being balanced, and I hope this line of thought isnt shared by others.
    I'm truly astonished that you would think this way.

11. NiGhtMaRiK

[​IMG]

Got any non UD racial's you wanna condemn aswell? Or you on a butt hurt Crusade?

12. Pedeguerra

I'm not on a "butt hurt" crusade, if you don't like my posts you can skip them all along, because I certainly skip yours, since they almost never anything relevant to any discussion.
    But yeah, at least now you have hope of playing a balanced racial, as opposed to what Gedden did and completely obliterated Ferren Focus, Yetis racial and NKD.

13. kiblack

kiblack Member

Sitched are extremely strong, can probably be played around with a lot of skill but in an average theme vs theme game stitched certainly seem more powerful on paper, calculating that extra attack to destroy their remains is key and if you dont, sometimes it can be like you may as well not have killed the champion!

They are frustrating to play against and reconstruct as a mechanic should certainly be looked at. But i wouldnt say they need a major change.

Im an average (poor thb) player and still have a lot to work on strategy and make a lot of mistakes but i am happy to admit that and still give my two cents.

14. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

The only thing that is insane in stitched is tyrant.

How the merged cost over 90 and this guy barely 80 I don't even understand.

He is like a 1 man army, literally you send him in to create your army on like a few rounds.

15. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

There are two propositions your implying: that the listed racials are OP and that having a central theme mechanic is OP generally.

As regards mischief and dimension shift, I agree that they could be toned down a little. Creep and crawl I think is fine as is.

But this being true doesn't mean the concept of a theme based on a single mechanic is a problem, or that it is harder to balance.

In fact, I think it is easier to balance since a small adjustment to a single ability has a significant and targetted impact - much easier, and with no collateral nerfs. It is easy to balance Minos for example, just make one small change.

The issue, I think, is perceived OPness. If you lose to Minos for example, you probably lost because dimension shift exists. If you lost to stitched, it's likely because they reconstructed some remains. So the target for rage presents itself pretty easily. If you lose to a meta deck, there is likely no consistant cause.

EmperorSauron and NiGhtMaRiK like this.
  16. Pedeguerra

Disagree entirely, sorry.
    Because you said, and I quote, "having an 'overpowered' racial is a good thing for themes", and then you justify that by saying that "the target for rage presents itself pretty easily".
    I never said "having a central theme mechanic is OP generally", I said all the ones you mentioned are OP (yes CnC is OP too, global multi is insane, how can you deny that?).
    Also, you said this:
    "In fact, I think it is easier to balance since a small adjustment to a single ability has a significant and targetted impact - much easier, and with no collateral nerfs. It is easy to balance Minos for example, just make one small change."
    Well, but if the them is only viable because the racial is strong, when you tone down the racial where would the theme be?
    I think you made 0 sense in this last post, but at least we agree that Mischief and Dimension Doors needs nerfs, thats a start.

17. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

the strongest stitched tyrant and the deconstruct/reconstruct stitched.

18. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Fair enough, I thought you were arguing against racial specific mechanics more generally.

You also quoted me out of context and ignored that I used 'overpowered' in quotation. What I meant was that a racial will be considered overpowered if it is strong, and that it should be stronger than other abilities in the context of a theme, because of the restrictions upon it.

Whether creep and crawl is nerfworthy is certainly debateable. I generally think a theme ability should cost about half the sum of its parts, which would make C&C 2 nora undercosted. So it's on the cheapside certainly.

But that's the great thing about racials, it doesn't have to have the perfect cost since it is completely linked to the theme as a whole. I think spiders are in a nice tier 2 spot right now, so I don't see a reason to mess with it.

saromon50 likes this.
  19. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

On a different note, I love that a mechanic that has existed since stitched was released without much complaint is suddenly "incredibly broken."

And somehow barely anyone is playing Stitched.

20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I was gonna respond but you completely ignore what I type every time so I won't say anything else.